So can we all agree that farenheit should be used for weather and nothing else?

so can we all agree that farenheit should be used for weather and nothing else?

Attached: 1523155400112.png (585x719, 245K)

It should also be used for distance

So we can all agree that celsius should be used for weather and everything else?

Attached: 1492320381622.gif (540x501, 1.56M)

no

ok
farenheit makes more sense with weather

Attached: 1511049791408.png (1193x894, 637K)

That's because you grew up with it.
But everyone else uses celsius because it is more relevant to everyday life.

Celsius:
-0 kill me
0 to 15 cold
15 to 25 nice
25 to 35 warm
35 to 45 hot
45+ end me now
Makes perfect sense to me.

>0 to 15 cold

More like

>0 to 15 so fucking hot end me

Attached: 1493124445723.jpg (720x400, 43K)

no listen
its easy to think of things on a scale from 0 to 100, which is usually between the temperature in farenheit that things will be in temperate environments
if celsius usually is between 0 and 45, 45 seems like a somewhat arbitrary number for maximum heat to typically be
celsius does make much more sense with everything else, though, because 0 and 100 are the freezing point and boiling point of water, respectively
tldr farenheit is for humans

how about we measure it in energy required to boil an egg

Attached: 641_large.jpg (480x480, 20K)

Attached: 1449456914588.jpg (926x875, 176K)

Oh yeah, I forget the northern hemisphere was relevant.

I really, really like this image

Attached: shart.png (350x552, 161K)

But who cares
If the weather says it's 35 outside, you're going to know what it means no matter what.
But you're basically saying it's okay to have two different systems for everyday life? Why not just stick to one? Someone who has lived with celsius all his life is going to know exactly what 10,15,20 means, just like you know what a certain temperature in fahrenheit means.
This is just your bias mang. think about it

Thx

non-americans dont understand farenheit at all then?

Attached: 1514419652733.png (600x635, 377K)

So it's basically irrelevant in a highly tropical like where I live since it's so humid that trying to guess at an actual temperature is considered stupid.

No! I have no fucking clue what any fahrenheit measurement means. In fact, the whole empirical system is a mess to me! But to you it's probably clear in your head because you're used to it
But the metric system is better constructed overall, so there is no reason to prefer the imperial over it.

I know 72 is okay

what temperature is it usually?
i think the imperial system is a mess too, but farenheit isnt part of it

To me it's kinda just boomer speak
Like pounds
Only thing I've learned is feet and inches for height and pebnid
and stones for Brit-boomers who still don't measure themselves in kg

Attached: 1522792592113.jpg (960x720, 127K)

In winter 25 to 27 in summer 35 to 40. In a place that never experiences cold the fahrenheit doesn't seem relevant.

wew lad, im glad i dont live in australia
other than that though, in celsius the difference between 35 degrees and 40 degrees is 5 degrees. when converted to fahrenheit, thats a 9 degree difference instead. fahrenheit allows for greater precision without having to use decimals.

But do you really need that precision? Do you really feel a change of less than 2°F?

i dont know if its just me but i can clearly feel the difference between 68 fahrenheit and 70 fahrenheit. i may just be sensitive to changes in temperature though

So celsius still does the job. It would be insufficient of you were able to tell between 68 and 69 for instance.
But even then, is it a big difference? Most likely not

i guess you got me there then
i would say the precision can be useful for scientific purposes, but i would not be able to handle the banter from that

Attached: 1523040731077.png (401x400, 271K)

Fahrenheit is a human scale, built around human experience. 100 is hot, low numbers are cold. Zero is very cold.
This celsius 100 is temperature water boils (at certain pressures/elevation) and zero is when water freezes, is impersonal, arbitrary, and not a human scale.

But when you're dealing with scientific measurements, using fractions is more than acceptable. You already do it with fahrenheit anyway.
Did you know that the US tried to switch to metric and celsius in the 60s?
The only reason it failed was because people bitched and moaned because they would have to learn a new system.

fun fact
when water freezes its cold
and when it boils its hot
ᵃᶫˢᵒ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ 70% ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒ ʳᵉᵃᶫᶫʸ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵃ ᵛᵉʳʸ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ˢᶜᵃᶫᵉ

i said i WOULD say the precision can be useful for scientific purposes. i meant that saying that would only contribute to people thinking americans are stupid.
america didnt switch to metric primarily because of how expensive it would be, although i assume people complaining would be a secondary cause

nice

Attached: 1537314747216.jpg (411x409, 35K)

>ᵃᶫˢᵒ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ 70% ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒ ʳᵉᵃᶫᶫʸ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵃ ᵛᵉʳʸ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ˢᶜᵃᶫᵉ
because humans often experience freezing and boiling in their bodies.

>because of how expensive it would be
Not so sure. See, the switch from imperial units to metric, which everybody uses, is very costly to the american economy overall: it is a hue waste of time and efforts, to the point that the initial investment of replacing road signs and the like would easily be outweighed in the fairly short term. This was one of the main points for the change, actually, that this change would make trade easier and faster with other countries.

humans dont really reach 0 degrees very often so um
yeah
and we dont usually get to 100 either
we actually
ᵃᶰᵈ ᶦ'ᵐ ᶰᵒᵗ ˢᵘʳᵉ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ᵗʰᶦˢ
have a core body temperature specifically made for us so we dont die
i hope that clears some things up

Attached: shhh.jpg (642x413, 31K)

Attached: 1493077386440.jpg (471x471, 16K)

You can just sat 30.5 degrees celsius. Use decimals I guess.

Why should the freezing point of water be 32 degrees? Why such a fucking arbitrary number? Why not something that makes sense like 0?

Huuh
not sure you followed the discussion all the way through there buddy

Attached: Sartre_1967_crop.jpg (873x873, 331K)

Why should the system be built around when water freezes? What is so special about water?

I'm saying, if people say celsius doesn't have enough precision, use half degrees. 30.5 = thirty and a half degrees celsius.

>what is so special about water?

Attached: globe_epc_2015238_lrg.jpg (2048x2048, 505K)

Because it's the very lifeblood of our ecosystem

It doesn't snow above 0.

When it gets to negative numbers, then people understand that there is going to be chilling temperatures, frost, and snow.

Why should it be 32?

god i love americans

Attached: 1519848739722.png (600x580, 792K)

just another ignorant american, nothing special here.

DUD

DUDDY

DUDDY WAN TO SEE MY POPPOO

Attached: retar.jpg (700x524, 49K)

just another ignorant australian refusing to read the thread, nothing special here

liquid water is actually the criteria we search the cosmos with in regards to finding livable habitats
its a pretty important thing like im
im not sure if you knew
but
ʸᵒᵘ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᶦᵗ ᵗᵒ ᶫᶦᵛᵉ

Attached: wdw_small.png (88x42, 9K)

Oh god please stop, I can't fucking breathe

Attached: 1537126247238.png (650x650, 184K)

Attached: water.jpg (600x3031, 474K)

I also need oxygen to live

Attached: Trips.jpg (276x183, 6K)

Oxygen freezes at like -200. It has no connection to every day life. (butt weather forecasts do.)

Yeah that makes sense
after all, don't we all see oxygen rain all the time
It would be extra relevant to build a temperature system
unlike water
nobody ever sees water right
yeah

There is something deeply humorous about "Ocean sauce", but I can't tell what

okay this bit is getting kinda annoying but i think the leaf likes it
so
im not sure if you realise but
ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵃᵇᶫᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ᵒˣʸᵍᵉᶰ

Attached: mine now 2.png (223x228, 94K)

Sauce is the secret ingredient of all ironic memes.

Attached: spicy meme sauce.jpg (466x577, 53K)

WONDERFUL, DUDDY!

RED ME A BEDAD DIEM STORYD

Attached: father son bonding time anime manga hentai.jpg (640x685, 59K)

God I wish that were me

Attached: 1490742045677.jpg (600x801, 124K)

Attached: anime flag lolis.png (1080x1111, 1.07M)

Huuh
mind if...
I
uuh
>save it?

If you ask, you're not a true memer.

If a meme is dank, it is not only a mans right to steal it, it is his duty.

Attached: steal this meme.jpg (228x214, 25K)

okay one time a man go *brap*
then another man go *sniff*
and thats how canada was born

Attached: mine now stinky.png (925x711, 32K)

TANK YOU DDUDDI

Attached: canada and britain.jpg (275x183, 9K)

no problem

Attached: 23423432.png (903x572, 906K)

0 to 100 makes more sense for a base ten species. 0 to 40 doesn't. All you need to know is that 0 is really fucking cold and that 100 is really fucking hot. Pic related, a better explanation than i can give.

Attached: 47428eb-1.jpg (1440x710, 147K)

Attached: 1494603389999.jpg (343x361, 22K)

Are you aware that
huuh
I can use
the exact same argument
>for celsius

If 0 doesn't apply to humans, how does 32?

It doesn't, that's why Fahrenheit made a colder solution so he could reach a different number for 0.

>fahrenheit system does not make sense

>that's why he made it make sense

Literally fucking what?

i feel really bad if the american isnt baiting right now im ngl

Attached: sadpepe.jpg (800x732, 65K)

>I prefer my arbitrary set of numbers over your arbitrary set of numbers, and I'm going to say mine makes more sense in general because it does to me

I fucking hate Burgers and their insane archaic measurement system.

>thinking rock solid logic is bait
get out of here foomer.

Attached: foomer.jpg (1152x648, 124K)

Fair point

Freezing point as the 0 didn't make sense to him because it csn still get colder. So he made an even colder solution for the 0 mark. Should have explained myself better

>rock solid logic
>based on arbitrary personal preferences
>based on personal bias

Attached: 66176465_p0.jpg (2560x1440, 474K)

That colder solution was salt and ice, yes?

Question: How often do we deal with salt and ice?

Answer: Like, never.

Question: How often do we deal with water freezing?

Answer: Pretty much every day.

Brine is fucking useless for human reference. You don't even know what fuckenheit is based on.

The reason he set it lower than freezing for 0 is because often during winter, it goes much below 0. Its not rare for a day to be 30 below the freezing point on the Fahrenheit system. That's why. The whole idea of forcing everyone to use one system over the other because "it makes sense to me" is rather ethnocentric and dumb to argue about anyways.

People say america should switch not because "it makes more sense to me", but because it makes more sense in general, as in there is no point to add unnecessary confusion when you're the only one in the world not conforming.
It's not hard to fucking understand, and yet

Attached: 1526637353004.jpg (640x347, 213K)

only words should be used for weather:
hot
warm
cold

>hey user whats it like outside
>cold
>ok i'll bring a jacket

done. see how simple that was

But why should he take into account the relatively small areas that get to 30 below freezing on his scale? Why not set it to the majority of the world, where like 70% of the human population lives, where it almost never even reaches freezing?

foomer detected.

Weather forecasts (partial topic of this thread) require millions of calculations. You can't just use Cold. You need 2 degrees celsius. You need exact numbers for exact calculations.

Also, cold is subjective. I'm Canadian. When I talk to a Texan, he'll say "Yesterday sure was cold." I'll ask how cold, and he'll reply (in celsius) "Fourteen degrees."

I do not consider this cold. 8 or below is cold.

>tfw it's 4 degrees outside right now

I'm leaving

Putting an extra 0 is easier, i agree. I'd personally prefer a measurements reform. 10 inches in a foot. 10 feet to a yard, 10 yards to a field, 10 fields to a valley. 10 valleys to a mile. the units of ten will be based on the foot so that daily life isn't as harshly effected. The mile in this system will be 1.894 current miles. This way its easier to do math and Americans won't have to change too much. However that just seems like too much work and at that point the whole system might as well be changed.

He lived in germany man I don't know, maybe it gets below freezing in german winters more common than thought.

>not using Kelvin
Idiots, the lot of you.

If only the rest of you left earth

absolutely fucking baseado y rojopastillado

Attached: shnerf.jpg (141x153, 11K)