Jow Forums say you were suddenly teleported into a gladiator arena with the rest of Jow Forums...

Jow Forums say you were suddenly teleported into a gladiator arena with the rest of Jow Forums. You get to select one melee weapon and a shield. What weapon do you pick to fight your fellow Jow Forumsdits
for me it would be dual wielding shields

Attached: 1536979543627.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whip
youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

penis haha

>greatshield
>warhammer

Prepare to lose

Long ass spear

A sword and I'll use one of the gayposters as meatshield

you couldnt get past my invincible defense
what kind of sword and which gayposter

Attached: 1454102146371.png (606x420, 367K)

my wife chino is so cute_

Spear and target shield.

Depends if they are wearing armor or not
If yes:
Kite shield and warhammer
If not:
Kite shield and arming sword

Attached: 1508503504496.jpg (628x338, 36K)

For me it's a reinforced aluminum baseball bat. Block all you want I'll just keep on smashing.

i call my primary shield a smashing board.

im going after you first

based

Chainsaw

2 scimitars
1 in each hand
because fuck you scimitars are badass

3.5ft heater strap shield and either a 2 foot mace or a gladius. If I'm up against mostly shields I'll take the mace for high head scorpion wraps. Against dual wield tards the gladius for flat snaps to the forearm and wrists and for stabs to the exposed core. Against greatswords or other 2 handed weapons I'll take the gladius as well for the inevitable close range engagements that tangle the enemy in their own weapons range as rushing them is the only way to ensure victory. Spears get the retard award for limiting their amount of shots AND heavy entanglement with their weapon. Two hands require footwork to back step and side step their first shot to close the distance.
I'm not worried about fighting you plebs in this fashion as I've got 10 years fighting medieval combat in 8 combat societies vs bants literally never. Experience wins every time. Enjoy some wraps to the head and missing hands because you've got shit form.

Attached: sca-fighters.jpg (550x367, 118K)

spiky buckler
heavy mace

lol bro do you even lift

a whip with spikes(metal) that way I dont have to get close to kill you.

kite shield+lucerne or a spear

wtf are you going to do with a whip? those are non lethal

Hit you on the head with the metal spikes, also dude I could choke you out with it.

Nigga what? Literally no nation ever has used them in combat as they're super ineffective against the charge and generally don't have the capacity to kill or even maim.
>choke you out with it
Implying you could get it around their neck if they have a shield and if you did that they wouldn't just cut it off. They have 7-14 seconds before they pass out and in combat time that might as well be an hour.
I've never heard a more autistic choice in all my life. Nigga you ain't Indiana Jones.

Attached: 1483999736371.jpg (500x624, 135K)

Fuck you bignose, two chainsaws.

shit i didnt clarify it has to be like non electric one. Fine you get a chain saw but no one else gets any electric weapoons after you

See you in the killing fields friend.

Attached: whiptastic.jpg (1300x732, 608K)

lol i will kill you first

i mean it would hurt yeah, but that end of the day thats all you can do with it. like said, you aint Indiana Jones and you aren't Simon Belmont. unless you mean something like this. And while its usable its mostly better on calvary

Attached: 63370.jpg (500x500, 30K)

And honestly I wouldnt dual wield shields, non shitpost answer id take a Longsword and Kite Shield

Attached: face-off-against-your-fears-in-dark-souls-3.jpg (1500x1000, 352K)

I'll see you at the end of my gladius you absolute autist.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whip
>In reality only a narrow range of whip-like instruments are practical instruments in combat. Typical whips are of little use against armoured targets, as well as those with means of blocking, intercepting or outmanouvring a whip; human-on-human whip usage is almost always performed on an immobilised and exposed target, and when it isn't the user typically has a defensive advantage in terms of weaponry, armour, manouvreability (i.e. the target will be manacled) or position (i.e. the user is on a raised platform).
>If the whip has sharp barbs or the tip includes materials fine and strong enough to cut such as Kevlar, there can be more serious wounds, but even with these, a disabling injury is unlikely. Whips with these features require an expert whip handler to avoid inadvertently cutting themselves, the whip, or other people or objects the whip may contact.
>A single-tail whip can wrap around limbs or body or the neck. This is fairly easy to do, but is impractical in most physical combat environments where it is difficult to maintain the necessary spacing between the target and the person throwing the whip. It is not a practical means by which to significantly restrict or control movement and is unlikely to throttle a target. It is fairly simple to perform on a static target, but is impractical in most physical combat environments where maintaining distance between the wielder and the target is easily confounded.

Attached: 1489711609448.gif (480x270, 253K)

you can't parry a whip, retard, its the perfect weapon

Are you really this stupid Alice? Have you taken that many HRT pills to finally rot your brain you dumb tranny?
A shield will protect you more than what is necessary without any need to parry or even block. So long as you don't have shitty form even the most experienced whip user won't be able to get your wrist or arms.
It's an autistic meme weapon for people who think they're Indiana Jones when in reality they'd whip it back once, hit themselves in the back of the head, get shield bashed into the dirt and stabbed in their face.

Attached: 1487759603639.jpg (307x352, 18K)

are you like a retard? They arent that painful where you cant shrug it off and murder the retard that used it

My bare hands

shields are for pussies, just guardbreack, menu switch to dagger and boom baby

Okay this image is hitting my autism stick hard. I know it's from dark souls but still here's where it makes me mad.
>shield leg forward
>no angle to shield
>sword leg back and angled
>sword arm thrown back
>dropping your shield to close distance and engage
>side holding your shield
>dropping your weapon down during an engagement
>while closing distance not protecting your head with your sword
>while defending not using your sword to help protect your head
>exposed elbows everywhere
>leaning forward to close distance
>one has one foot flat
>the other has both
Everything about this just hits me right in the autism. Fucking shitty ass form.
This isn't fucking dark souls nigga. We're talking combat effectiveness not your wide eyed fantasies of what you think works because of some video game. Ebin troll doe.

Attached: proper forms.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

im just saying this is the game where you roll around in full plate mail. Now i know most armor actually is lighter than people expect (still difficult to wear for extended periods) but im pretty sure you cant do that

A lightsaber and one of those dune shields

Then use a fucking spear, retard.

Melee weapon: Attack Shield
Defensive weapon: Light Sword

i already said you couldnt use electric weapons

My hockey stick

Actually you'd be very incorrect. A set of plate armor that was properly fitted needed to both provide mobility and protection. Neither could be spared and the idea of not having mobility in full plate armor is just a meme. You can still roll you can still get up and you can still do everything you could without it. You're just a little bit slower at it since you've got 40-60lbs of metal all over your body. Having worn properly fitted plate I can tell you that it's incredibly comfy and super mobile.
Here's a video to demonstrate.
>youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
You are correct that it's a lot lighter than you think since it's distributed all over your body. The heaviest thing is the helmet and it's only because it's got one point of movement on your neck instead of distributing the weight across other joints.
See my first post for why spears are retarded. Since you won't let me break it down.
>limited amount of shots
>long weapons will get you tangled up in close range
>no availability for wrap shots around shields
>if made of wood you're gonna get it broken quick
>incredibly susceptible to the rush like most 2 handed weapons
Look man you may think you know up from down about medieval combat but having spent well over a decade fighting medieval combat I can tell you that what you THINK works and what ACTUALLY works are two different things. Spears are good for what we call cock and balls which is two shieldmen with a spear between them. Alternatively they're good if you want to phalanx like the hoplites but the Roman Legionnaires used the shield and gladius with spears behind them for a reason. Because spear and shield is retarded. I've wrecked so many wannabe hoplites with just a single one handed longsword and some good footwork.

Attached: 1526959040291.png (680x664, 729K)

yeah but a fluid roll over and over? i dont buy it.

If you could do it out of armor then there's no reason you couldn't do it in armor. I mean I guess it would be exhausting but rolling over and over again like in DS would be exhausting anyway. I dunno I don't roll around like that because it's pointless in real combat.

shields are for pussies, i'll take a large Maori club with extra blind rage thanks

>most people are sitting in their underwear(if anything at all), i can vouch not a single soul is in full body armor right now
>most people never used a weapon larger than kitchen knife
>most people have no idea how to use shields let alone block a spear attack
>let me pick a gladius, cause romans n shiet
its like brining a baseball bat to a gunfight, and we all know how that ends

but we're not talking about guns

Shields are for sissies.
I would pick a halberd.

>most people never used a weapon larger than kitchen knife
>most people have no idea how to use shields let alone block a spear attack
You see but I'm not those people. I've already proved I'm a medieval combatant so unlike most of bant I actually do know how to block, wield a weapon and use proper form to boot.
>let me pick a gladius, cause romans n shiet
I gave a perfectly sound reason in fact multiple sound reasons why I picked the gladius and can continue to give reasons because I actually KNOW what the fuck I'm doing. It has nothing to do with it being Romans it has to do with the fact it was a good weapon. It was short enough to be easily wielded with a shield while the curvature of the blade made hacking all the easier which since I'll be throwing lots of flat snaps I'll need that extra cutting power to effectively disable whatever part of the body I hit (probably the arm or wrist). On top of that the shape of the weapon made it easier for thrusts and stabs. Without going into too much detail they designed it to be easy to pull out of the body once you get it in. The handle is all but perfect for grip, the pommel is top notch design and you have a nice meaty hand guard that doesn't look like katana weaboo shit or longsword nonsense.
Sorry that you don't do anything cool but as an actual medieval combatant your meme shit amuses the hell out of me.
>shields are bad
I'll see you 1ft in front of you where your range means nothing. Shields are not for pussies they're for people that understand in a skirmish you only have ONE LIFE unlike in vidya. Denying a shield is retarded and asking to die unless you're in a phalanx or with a large group to provide protection from skirmishes.

INTERNET HIGH FIVE

black knight greatsword, it's all I need

sheilds get in the way of your manly pecs, and manly pecs are intimidating, if you saw a crazy muscular jackass with no shield charging at you with a rock almost as big as your shield screaming bloody gore, even if you could kill him, would you REALLY risk getting your skull smashed like an egg from him knocking into you?
neither would i.
thats the beauty of the Maori club

are you a big guy with said qualities?

I win

Attached: image.jpg (716x1368, 133K)

steak and kgb

Attached: YATATATATA.jpg (1152x864, 154K)

sorry but i refuse to die to a junkoposter

longsword

yes

yes

for you, i might add

Attached: image.jpg (894x894, 144K)

NNI & tide turner

Attached: BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>sheilds get in the way of your manly pecs, and manly pecs are intimidating
OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH OH OH OH NO AHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHH!!!!
>if you saw a crazy muscular jackass with no shield charging at you with a rock almost as big as your shield screaming bloody gore, even if you could kill him, would you REALLY risk getting your skull smashed like an egg from him knocking into you?
Nigga what is side stepping, deflection, full body shield blocks and oh I dunno the fact that YOUR ENTIRE BODY IS EXPOSED? You think I don't deal with guys 2-3x's my size doing this to me already? Nigga I deal with this daily and have become a mac at the side step because of it. You'll charge in, slam your big club into the ground and I'll stab you in the throat before you can even wind up for your next attack. Worst case scenario I have to full body shield block to take the impact of your retard sperg. This is day one medieval combat and don't even try to say you've got enough training to take on a wet paper bag with a club.

Attached: 554804_561674273872840_511493098_n.jpg (590x357, 49K)

i...is it haunted?

Attached: 97a.jpg (325x358, 20K)

no
i sure wish there was a strangifier/unbox for nessie's nine iron

Bat made out of metal pipes
Riot shield

AK-47 with unlimited ammo. I'll just wear the sheild on my back to protect against sneak attacks.

I choose a Dane Ax, 'cause I'm a 6'3, 240 pound Jow Forumsizen and will violently rape you unarmored sissies.

A mace and shield for me. Light enough it doesn't wear you out too bad but also able to really lay the hurt down.

Halberd

I'm gonna have to go with this dog

Attached: PicsArt_09-26-09.28.19.png (1080x563, 881K)

bayonet is melee right?

Yeah it is

so what are you going to do with the halberd when I'm shooting you with my L85?

Attached: 1532318083293.jpg (481x481, 86K)

Just wait for it to start jamming