Powerbanks

Is Anker the only way to go?

What about RAVpower, Aukey? Are they good too? They cost a bit less. Are they worth less, or is Anker just charging a premium for the brand name?

Looking for a 20,000 mAh one for intercontinental travel.

Attached: Die-besten-Powerbanks-2015-in-der-Übersicht-Anker-EasyAcc-RAVPower-10[1].jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ri6wvGjuoOg
budgetlightforum.com/node/55221
en.miui.com/thread-448321-1-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anker is the way to go despite being chink
They have really good USB cables and powerbanks

Make sure you get a phone that doesn't blow through power as well

>not making a homemade powerbank powered by 18650 batteries

>not considering SNSV

Nah, Xiaomi is usually already a better option.

thanks
yeah i'm leaning towards it. only £3 extra for peace of mind.
got that covered. based Moto X Play. Will also not use the phone while it charges for maximum efficiency.
my plane would be diverted. and my holiday made permanent.
didn't know they made em. not available in bongland anyway.
btw I always think of SNSD when i see SNSV
XD XD
i'm flying next week, can't wait for a /csg/ delivery

Attached: body[1].png (734x446, 447K)

> i'm flying next week, can't wait for a /csg/ delivery
Could buy it more locally at a little inflated reseller prices... but arguably, that may cost more than Anker with how brazen some of these are.

Still, it's overall the better power bank. Even if not by a huge margin.

Anker's 20100 model contains six Panasonic NCR18650B & costs less than what those six cells would cost individually.

Eight cost like $25, so that doesn't seem quite accurate? IIRC the Anker 20Ah were are around $40.

It was hard to beat the Xiaomi 10Ah pack when it had four 18650s for $11 back when, but that's no longer available.
~$25 for the current 20Ah pack (now containing flat pack batteries) is still nice though.

i want to fug taeyeon

me too bro
me too
youtube.com/watch?v=Ri6wvGjuoOg

saging

I'm starting to think now that 20,000 mahj is overkill
I'll probably sleep a bit
And probably listen to podcasts more than watch or use the screen

What have others used here for long international flights?
10,000 mah good enough?
I suppose the efficiency of the charge counts.
If the screen is off while it's left to charge, how efficient are these power banks? How much is lost is conversion and heat and whatever else? 10%? 30%?

Have another kpop qt.

Attached: 1516503615066.jpg (1024x1024, 145K)

Seconding.
I have a 20Ah xiaomi pack I've been using off and on for a couple years now.
Still gives my 280mAh phone a good 5 charges and change.

Yeah. I got good use out of my anker chargers during the last hurricane

*2800mAh

Hootoos are the shit tho. The Swiss army knife of power packs.

>20000mah
Wtf, if that explodes it will kill you

Thicc phones need thicc power banks

Attached: Energizer-PowerMax-thick.jpg (1366x768, 120K)

>Holding a live hand-grenade.

lol nice fake capacity then

even with losses you're a few amp hours out

if you're travelling on planes in airplane mode u lose shit all battery, i didn't use my phone for a 12h flight and i lost 2% in airplane mode

screen then cell signal is the biggest drain

I go overseas a lot, seriously unless your only on a phone/tablet and have shit power usage on both, a 6-7000 mah battery is all you need.

Tried that once. Shit failed and short circuited my unprotected Panasonic cells. The springs went red hot and the PCB smoked. I'm afraid to use the cells now.

Also, cells+housing costed way more.

What? Where do you buy Panasonic 18650s that cheaply?

>travel to japan
>turn Honor 6x on battery savings
>disable wifi when in sleep
>close apps at sleep
>turn down screen brightness to 45%
>still lasts all day even with discord draining power, pictures, hangouts and email, even fagbook sometimes
>carry around a 5000mah battery just incase
>barely use it

My nuvision 8 eats the most but with 5000mah battery it still works fine for a day's use

Efficiency is big issue with power banks.

Lot of them will only put out like 65-70% of battery capacity because of inefficient step-up/down converters.

I bought the 10000mAH bank off amazon. Very good. Charges very fast. I think it charges my s7 3 times to 100%

Get a aukey, imo I like the aukey stuff better than Anker just because they have good prices and products

Legit Panasonic NCR18650B are substantially more than $25 for 8.

That's why you might get a Xiaomi, they've always been efficient and pretty cheap & random people tested them in some detail basically every time:
budgetlightforum.com/node/55221
en.miui.com/thread-448321-1-1.html

>10Ah good enough?
Well yea, easily with my phone. The ~3-4Ah battery of that lasts for 6h or more anyhow, and recharging thrice will do the job no issue.

> If the screen is off while it's left to charge, how efficient are these power banks?
Depends on the model. Decent power banks loose like 3-15% of nominal energy capacity while discharging & the 15% end is typically happening only on proprietary quick charging technologies that have higher voltages. At standard 5V / 2A or something they usually get around 5-8% loss or so.

Of course there are losses when CHARGING too, but those vary even more.

The newest 20Ah xiaomi has a whopping 98% efficiency at 5V/1A. At 18W it's still 80%+ something.

Attached: taeyeon teeth lips.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Xiaomi shills leave

>SNSD
cheerleader effect stronk
that or very good support crew
man, even 8 years ago they looked like the rat/tranny/korean shopkeeper combine
wonder how much SK-tier plastic surgery they need nowadays

Attached: snsv.png (581x340, 335K)

You could just go live out your buyer's remorse over getting some overpriced inferior Anker or what other brand you got elsewhere. That would work just fine.

You basically can't go wrong with Anker, a couple years ago I bought a 11,200mAh bank with LCD display made by "Into Circuit" which is still serving well.

Anker

You realize planes have plugins.... Never taken a international flight that hasn't.

What do you guys think about Cheero?

I've got an Anker, I went with it because it could both charge a qualcomm quick-charge device and it was a quick-charge device itself.
Still take hours to charge the damn thing but less than others in it's size.

Xiaomi!

Not OP, but after verifying your claims im pretty concerned about explosions since I was considering buying one too. Are they really that volatile in practice?

Attached: 1171744091188.png (938x570, 93K)

I have an Aukey and my SO has an Anker. No real difference between then, just get whichever one you like better.

I checked my planes
They don't. Not in economy.
Well actually for one half of the journeys there are 2 ports between 3 seats. No guarantee. Definitely can't hog it the whole time.

Leaning towards a 10,000 mah rather than a 20,000. Journey times from door to door I reckon will be 16-20 hours. 20,000 mah seems overkill. Making its size and heaviness a bother.

Me and SO have both 20kmah aukeys for over 6 months, and we both have traveled via plane. Works fine, no explosions, no significant heat up, can charge my phone 6-7 times before I need to charge the bank. 16 eurobucks from amazon spain on a 50% or so deal. One of the best purchases. Only downside, cable that it comes with is very short, I bought a dedicated 1m cable for it.

>jessica
based

>not building your own out of plutonium rods

That's what I though. I think I paid something ridiculous like 25 for 2.

do anker still use panasonic cells? i need some 18650s for a project and its cheaper to buy and strip a powerbank than buying them individually

i guess i should've refreshed the thread before posting

Attached: 1207703650041.jpg (362x435, 40K)

Pretty sure Anker and Aukey use the same OEM for many things.
Personally have a Rock power bank from AliExpress and it's alright.

Just make your own

Attached: IMG_20180329_125436.jpg (4640x2610, 2.43M)

what brand is this? i've seen tomo kits for four cells but never one for eight.
are kits limited to 5v or can you get ones that will power a laptop?

Protip:

Anker = Xiaomi rebrand

Not to be a faggot but that review lists the efficiency of the Xiaomi at 75%. All these banks use the same converter chips, you won’t find anything above 75% efficiency. And a 20,000 size bank will charge a regular sized phone ten times. There is no flight where you’d need more than that.

Zerolemon is really good too. They have some rugged ones at 30ah with usb-c.