New tech in the past

You wake up in 1999. You can bring one piece of technology that you can carry on your person with a weight limit of 10lbs. It can come from any year 2000-2018, and is already modified to work in 1999, though at 1999 normie consumer standards. Example: iPhone X, will actually get signal with a carrier in 1999, but at EDGE or slower speeds. Thinkpad works fine, except the NIC is limited to 100mbps (yes I know gigabit Ethernet existed in 1999, but not in the consumer market. You're limited to normie speeds)

So what do you bring, Jow Forums ?

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 9K)

I bring a Titan V back and give it to AMD.

How do I get out of 1999

ATI*

I bring a hard drive filled with movies and music and make a few billion.

I bring back a flash drive full of historical market information from 1999-2018, then I buy Bitcoin in 2009 with all my fantastic stock market wealth

Sell Super powerfull laptop to Intel for 1 000 000$.
(With benchmark proofs)

Will I be rich if I bring back an SD card and get someone to reverse engineer it. They wouldn't even have the machinery or the technical knowhow to mass produce that would they? Otherwise, if the point is simply to live in 1999, I'd bring a smartphone.

bring back a hard drive that contains all the lawsuit information for intel's corrupt practices that nearly killed ayyyyyyyymd along with spectre and meltdown. then yes some bitcoin timing info too

Attached: 1518808340597.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

Wouldn't you upset the timeline with your newfound bitcoin fortune, making your historical market information useless?

>yfw Jensen started his career at amd

Take my gorgeous iPhone and film 9/11

You son of a bitch! You're going to go back in time and buy my 40,000 btc in 09 when it spiked to being worth a whole penny so I sold it off for half a penny and unloaded them all thinking I was a smooth mother fucker making $200 off a scam because I was SURE it would go back to being worthless.

That's a good point. You'd have to play it very safe and not make significant purchases into any one company. Try to keep the liquidity at historical levels. Play very broad.

>give it to AMD/ATI
>not 3dfx
top pleb

Just gonna buy a million coins and afk for 8 years

Make a normiebook.

obligatory stop 9/11 post

No, you can't. I was going to film it.

Could you please bring a nice camera to record it in hd?
Regards, Jow Forums

Beats by Dre

Attached: 51z8lU3xnFL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 22K)

Yes, sure. I've just rented professional grade HD camera.

It wont survive the dot com bubble.

How?

Depends if I can bring a cable with my zip clip to charge it and put music on it

I bring an ASIC and wait 10 years or so

I don't want to bring anything, I was perfectly happy with the hardware in 1999.

Attached: 1490302227219.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

>bring ASIC
>mine all bitcoin
>nobody else gets any
>nobody uses bitcoin because there are none to use
>you now have millions of a shitcoin worth nothing.

MMC came out in 1997

I would take a smartphone containing every lottery number, race outcome and sports score from 1999-2018.

I take a hard drive the last 19 years of nyse info. Become billionaire

I like you.

Attached: rug.jpg (1280x960, 264K)

The three mega-hyper-supercomputers that are conveniently cloaked to look like laptops.

Wait a year.

This guy gets it.

These guys don't. Things that have no intrinsic value are far too easy to disturb down to their actual worth - zero.

Too show-offy.

Too show-offy? Who cares about that? I'm gonna be rich, bitch.

Alternately, take absolutely nothing other than the knowledge to invest every cent I can afford into Facebook the instant its IPO goes up.

>Sell it to the Jews

>every stock will be worth 0
Boy you sure are one dumb son of a bitch

>he didn't have the rug with the racetrack on it
poor little faggot

>ignores the bricks and mortar, actual services and products supplied by companies that are backed by stocks
>there's a word for these things: assets
>things that coins have none of
Yeah, and I'm the dumb son of a bitch. Climb back in your hole, cointard.

You havnt the faintest clue how stocks work. Quit larping

>man someone else bought some of this relatively worthless stock i was going to buy. Guess i wont now
Yes this woukd happen

I wasnt talking about cryptocoins. The post you answered was mine and specifically said stocks. Youre a fucking idiot

I'd bring my laptop back with me and then sell the individual components back to their manufacturers. Can't own patents on shit you haven't invited yet.

my 2001 HDD containing winning lottery numbers and other essential information.

It's a bloody SPI device. You could read it with an Apple ][ if you really wanted to.

a train

dragon dildo

Information is the only correct answer. Anything else is laughable

Depends on if you're overwriting your timeline or if you're in an alternative timeline

D16 librebooted workstation, then get someone who would make couple of these and start kicking microsofts and apples ass with better hardware and Libre soft™

Wow I had this shit when I was a kid.
Wtf I didn't even know it existed elsewhere besides the store my parents bought it from.

those things are actually pretty common, you also find them anywhere that deal with small children

why a 2001 hdd? there are newer IDE hdd's, and you could also just take a pci sata card with you

A single USB with 100 bitcoins in it

A PDF file with the C++17 specification so I'll have time to learn C++17 by the time C++17 is released.

Nice. Didn't know they were so common.

Commodore 64