Please rate my shopping list, i havent built a computer before...

please rate my shopping list, i havent built a computer before, but now i have the money and the will! I dont really wanna spend a lot more money than i currently have here.

sorry, i am not a computergeek like you!!!

Attached: shopp.png (398x866, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geizhals.eu/?cmp=1530381&cmp=1200732&cmp=1746653&cmp=883667
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

>soundcards
>in current year + 3
>falling for intel meme post spectre
>falling for liquid cooling meme
>falling for freesync meme
>falling for freesync meme with NVIDIA instead of AyyyMD
a thread died for this. fuck you. 14/88 would gas again

Attached: 1489894264056.gif (248x193, 731K)

seems like ive fallen for every meme there is... is there anything worth keeping?

in short: ditch soundcard, thats fine, get a different cooler, and change the graphix card and im gucci?

buy a ryzen 2400g, save money on gpu until cryptoniggers finally get btfo'd for the last time.
find a motherboard that supports pci passthrough so that you can mainly use linux and ditch windows botnet
buy hyper 212 evo or something like that unlesss you want meme level overclocking
keep the ram, keep the case, recalculate psu with estimate for 1080, and get that fucking dick out of your pie hole OP

Attached: Disney affair.jpg (807x1626, 296K)

1. Don't get a soundcard. This isn't 1997.
2. Don't get a AIO liquid cooler, just get an air cooler. AIO liquid coolers are more expensive and they don't cool better, they just move the radiator around.
3. Switch to Ryzen.
4. Higher end RAM.

not switching to linux, i am a bot and will remain that way. too much of an old man to switch now. but your advice is greatly appreciated, what sort of a graphixx card would you recommend?

Realistically whatever you feel like. AyyMD cards are better at being processor independent but NVIDIA is usually faster.

Attached: image.gif (800x430, 564K)

I have a very similar build.

Drop the Sound Card
Change to a noctua cooler (air not water)
change to 3gb 1060
use the saved money to get a slightly better screen? I have that screen as my second monitor -its ok but my BenQ 144hz really pisses on it.

the worst part is xonar

Well I mean you're buying a freesync monitor and an nvidia GPU for a start.
I would recommend switching to a VEGA 56 but I mean shit nigga the GPU market at the moment is fucking wrecked. If you can get a VEGA for near to RRP then go for that instead.
Ryzen 1600/1600X is a good CPU to go for, you'll get more longevity out of it. That said, you may want to wait until Ryzen+ and grab one of those instead. They should be coming out in a month or so on the desktop- the APUs are already available... I need to look at the lined up releases though.
Generally I'd recommend holding out another month though. the ass fell out of the crypto market again so GPU prices are going to slowly come down, and hopefully DDR4 starts going down too.
Hold out until the end of April. That's when new Ryzen is coming.

updated list

Attached: shopp2.png (524x777, 102K)

benq is gamer garbage. get a decent monitor for working

It's not that freesync monitors don't work with nvidia GPUs, it's that you don't get to use the variable refresh rates, ie "freesync'. Also don't forget your GPU.

i dont want a freesync monitor i do believe. also my gpu is at the bottom

Attached: gpu.png (1132x300, 113K)

I give it a solid 5. It's ok, but I wouldn't fuck it unless I was drunk

honestly i would just change back to the 8600k (this board shills the shit out of amd) and a comparable Mobo and your fucking golden mate.

okay, what im gathering is that everyone of you has different preferences, but im seeing that the ryzen 1600 has good reviews, seems easy to install and has a comparatively easy install on the motherboard. considering it is also cheaper, i think im looking good now.

also i wanna try the curved monitor meme. the curve is so slight i imagine it won't cause much discomfort. thoughts?

Attached: shopp final.png (591x776, 100K)

Prove å fine raskere ram med ryzen 3200mhz er bedre

Get the fastest possible ram you can.
Only replacement for that 212 is a noctua or another humongus cooler so you are covered.
I would go against the Jow Forums memes and save money by buying a Gigabyte b350 gayming 3 since you're only running a 65w 6 core cpu...maybe even ditch the curved monitor and get a cheaper 2k ultrawide so you can buy a 1070 instead of a 3gb 1060.

You're polish (i think) so prices may vary tho.

Get non-gaymer motherboard.
Get non-meme case.
Why the fuck do you want a soundcard?
AIO water coolers are shit.
Get non-meme ram.

I have the exact same monitor btw, to have any decent color you'll have to tinker with it a good amount, but it's very good otherwise, also you can force it to 150hz using CRU.

>Ask a bunch of.people.get different opinions
You must be over 18 to post here.

Looks good. Remember to set the parts on some carpeting to keep them from being damaged. Setting them onto a hard surface like a table risks knocking a chip loose.

3200 Mhz RAM would be best.
I'm assuming you already have an SSD. If not, try a 500GB version of one of these: Samsung 850 or 860 Evo, Crucial MX 300 or 500. Best to go for the M.2 form factor over 2.5'' as there'll be fewer cables cluttering up your case.
That case is probably much bigger than you'll need. If you need no 5.25'' drive, and only need space for two 3.5'' HDDs (and three 2.5'' SSDs/HDDs) inside, you could try a Define C. If that's not enough for you, or you'd like to go for a bigger case just in case, try the new Define R6 or its predecessor, the R5.
Here are all four cases so you can compare:
geizhals.eu/?cmp=1530381&cmp=1200732&cmp=1746653&cmp=883667
Lastly, can help you with PC building.

Save some money and get same ram but with 2400.
Reason being- cheaper, some ryzen mobos has problem with faster ram, you will not see difference.

Also, get noctua nh-u12s for am4.

dude
buy a used 980 or 980ti for a far better price.
Majority of vendors are faggots that upgrade their gear every year for muh better numbaz

ditch that nvidia shit
get amd

There is a PC building general, you retarded piece of shit goddamn gobgoblin motherfucking cunt.

Post your shitty build there

Attached: on-your-mark-get-set-go-fuck-yourself-a0319.png (420x294, 48K)