ThinkPad of phones?

What is the ThinkPad (namely T420) of smart phones?

Why the T420? Because it was the last good model of Thinkpads.

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-8-review-tablet-top-macro-2-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jolla.com/sailfish3/
youtu.be/HnnngoFtrSQ?t=153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is the
>good model
>of smart phones?
there is no such animal

OP5T, I guess if you wanna go retro, maybe the Samsung s3

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Moto Jow Forums, I'm still using it after 4 years.

Galaxy S5 maybe, removable battery, SD card, SIM card, pretty easy to open up and replace the screen if need be, Micro USB 3.0 which is generally regarded as bad but it's backwards compatible with micro USB 2.0 cables and such

Some old nokia brick phone since it's old and only technically functional.

The LG G3 was better in every way except for the units that were made in the first year of production.

nokia n900

Raspberry Pi Phone.
No botnet.

Attached: tytelli-500x375.jpg (500x375, 45K)

moto g?
One+ 3,3T

Samsung galaxy s5

Good specs and one of the last phones that was not made entirely of glass like the most today flagships and still had a replaceable battery while it also provided some water resistance.

But bechause of the fucking social media normies that wanted to take underwater selfies with their phones all the current smartphones have these back panels of glass glued with some waterproof adesive, which makes them extremely complicated to be dissasembled even for a battery replace and also more fragile to drops... FUCKING NORMIE SHIT CONSUMERS RUINING EVERYTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Attached: U4irujwt.jpg (770x578, 73K)

iPhone unironically

One Plus seem too fit

I'm not so sure that demographic exists, and if it does, I doubt it's relevant enough to dictate how companies make their phones. It's just something good to have in case of an accident.
Glass backs suck dick though. Slippery, fragile and they easily get dirty.

Attached: 07d4a5ef737b1eb10816816e8553fa7c.jpg (685x457, 185K)

>phone
>no botnet
It's exclusive, because you need a baseband processor in a phone. Stop being a retard, user.

Blackberry KeyOne

I use an LG Stylo 3 plus and it's one of the few new phones that have a removable back for changing out batteries and other shit. Has a big ass screen and amazing battery life. I haven't charged my phone for 60 hours and I'm at %20, I don't understand how they did it but battery life is insane.

Attached: lg-stylo3-plus-gray-1-3x.jpg (934x1500, 131K)

I knew thinkpad fags were brandwhores just like iFags, except iFags admit they are consumer whores. The average thinkpad owner here is like uhh well they are cheap and this and euh.. the build quality and euh.. well the keyboard of course MUH THINKPAD WHAT IS THE THINKPAD OF [insert consumer electronic] Like there's no other cheaper laptop that's as good as an old thinkpad. In an ironic way thinkpad fags are what they claim to hate. Btw numbnuts, Lenovo makes phones. And they suck, just like their laptops that aren't even IBM anymore.

your whole argument falls apart because if they were brandwhores they would buy newer thinkpads which they do not, and like you said lenovo makes phones and no one on Jow Forums owns a lenovo phone you dumb cunt

what's the matter? Did I insult your little laptop factory in China?

... I own a motorola/lenovo phone
>Moto g5 plus
not because brandwhoring but because I found it sexy and it's relatively cheap

Attached: motog5plus.jpg (935x1500, 200K)

>Thinkpad of phones
Blackberry?

>tfw it's sold out in North America and they're not restocking it
Guess I'm getting a chinkphone

>Like there's no other cheaper laptop that's as good as an old thinkpad
name one faggot. you won't, because there isn't one. Nobody here is a Lenovo brand whore, we just recognize a good deal in price/performance. That's what we mean when we say "ThinkPad of X", something cheap and reliable, pragmatic and utilitarian

LG G5

-$120 on ebay
-SD820
-IR Blaster
-Removable battery
-Headphone jack
-SD slot
-Unlockable

I'd like to hear to hear if something else exists with this performance and features.

>inb4 bootloop, rarely happens. That was the G4

>rarely happens
>defending something that can just permanently fuck up a phone

Librem 5

I had one of these, major piece of shit. Would recommend against. Anons tard rage is further proof it's shit.

I bought a Moto G5 plus for $200 new and it's a really good, modern phone can root, etc.

Nah it was the s5

But if someone buys an SE for those same reasons, Jow Forums fires off the meme canon.

>drops it from 2 feet
>fucking destroyed

Nokia 3301

restocking on amazon on april 6.

Bv8000

>S5
>Fucking normies
I've got some news for you, would you like to take a seat please.

>bootloop, cracked case/microphone, no updates
No

These

enlighten me feggit

Attached: 7a0929ec73412eb0177f.jpg (532x810, 81K)

You're a fucking normie and on top of that a fucking normie child. Get the fuck out.

I dunno but Thinkpad of phones has to have
>removable battery
>sd card slot
>audio jack
>waterproofness
>hard to break and easy to fix
>no fancy materials like aluminum, or glossy plastics

Am I rite?

New Nokia

Only closest phone I can think of is HTC.
Their phones are never flashy, just solid all-rounders.

Came here to post this. They're the only maker to have new phones that are tough beyond meme construction phones etc. Sadly the age of removable batteries is gone.

at least they are waterproof (mostly). a sacrifice for another feature.

They had waterproof phones with removable batteries.

babbys first thinkphone

You can disable Intel ME on x86 Intel chipsets. But you can't disable the baseband on pretty much all phones. And even if you could do so temporally (e.g. removable battery, or hardware switch) that effectively reduces a phone to a paperweight, as it no longer functions as a wireless communications device during that time.
You also can't use a phone without proprietary drivers, firmware, and blobs. Even LineageOS, supposedly stock open-source Android, doesn't function without blobs, due to the close-source nature of phone hardware.
Basically, there is no Thinkpad of phones, because phones are horrid as far as freedom is concerned.

Attached: rms-assange-snowden_.jpg (4320x2880, 3.48M)

Attached: c9e9351e-1de5-49be-9731-a729a946121a..jpg (797x1002, 52K)

>Removable battery
>Waterproof

Pick one

S5A but the WPing can be a joke.

Attached: nokia-n950-2.jpg (600x331, 35K)

Waterproof phones are very useful.

The ThinkPhone (aka the ChinkPhone)

Attached: 1444985249070 (2).jpg (960x960, 137K)

Nokia Windows Phones.

There are quartz waterproof watches with removable battery.
Your point?

>Normie
Fuck off, normalfag

Caterpillar B15
Literally the most rugged phone made by a company known foranufacturing construction vehicles. A smartphone made for construction workers. Has all the stuff Jow Forums would want in a phone from removable battery, two sim card slots, audio jack, SD card slot, built-in rubber protection.

If you wanna take it up a step further their newer models like the S60 have thermal imaging as well. But their newer phones are thinner and look more delicate.

Attached: unnamed.png (403x365, 122K)

aldo to add: even with a removable battery it's also waterproof, the audio jack has a cover as well.

>implying the OP5T isn't one

Use a cheap ass cover or just don't be a child who drops phones? Werks for me. Why wouldn't you put a case on a phone that costs over 500$?

Same, for some reason the RN3 is just really common and typically refuse to die. My RN3 has survived falls down stairs without a dent.

Christ why are Samsung phones so ugly? I'm not even an applefag or anything, I love the look of thinkpads, but even Xperias from 5 years ago look better than Samsung trash

Attached: 94201383907PM_635_sony-xperia-z1.jpg (635x476, 22K)

>an over 500 dollar phone is unable to resist a 2 feet fall
>this is somehow the owner's fault

this reminds me of how memepads and macbooks are designed when it comes to water resistance. Guess which one is simply designed to survive it and which one comes with interior stickers so tech support will know there was water damage when opening it even after it's dry and therefore deny your warranty. i thought this was an abuse, but the average mactard's mentality WANTS things to be that way. Quite ridiculous.

It's the owner's fault for buying overpriced shit whilst knowing that it can break so easily.

i would buy the one with the thermal camera, but I'm too poor right now ;_;

>1080p screen
disgusting

So my redmi 3 is like x220?^_^

V20

jolla.com/sailfish3/

Sony Experia, you can flash Jolla's Sailfish on it.

samsung s3

youtu.be/HnnngoFtrSQ?t=153

Sony Xperia XZ1 compact or the Xperia series in general. Only ever seen them talked about on Jow Forums and I've been happy with mine.

Requirements to be the t420 of phones:
>Not smaller than 5"
>close to unbreakable
>Up-gradable (at least SD card)
>50% CPU performance of the latest gen or better
>Fully FOSS firmware avalible
>Screen of at least 720p
>Top-tier linux community support

Fail: CPU and screen is shit.
Fail: shit specs
A fucking fanart
Specs too poor
Fragile, doubtfull FOSS qualities
Performance WAY too poor

Op, there is none.

>name one faggot
Hp elitebook 2570p

i7, 8gb ddr3 and 128 ssd. I paid 220€ for mine, dropped the damn thing like 15 times and still works absolutely no problem.

sony z5

Attached: (3) (632) (999).png (651x801, 438K)

>Hp elitebook 2570p
assuming it has a 900p screen and SSD it's the same price as a thinkpad

??? lol Zero reasoning. Stay mad NEET.

iphone

stop trying to reinvent the fucking wheel with inherently less secure technology

>fragile

S5 is made of plastic unlike new phones with glass backs and is basically indestructible with a TPU shell and a tempered glass screen protector on it

>doubtful FOSS qualities

nigga I'm literally typing this on my S5 running lineage I built myself from source at home

OP is absolutely a chinkphine brand though