Make a linux distribution targeted at people in poor countries who run on trash computers from 15 years ago

>make a linux distribution targeted at people in poor countries who run on trash computers from 15 years ago
>defaults to a desktop which needs 4gb ram to run comfortably, web browser not even taken into account

What did Canonical mean by this?

Attached: ubuntu.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

>targeted at people in poor countries who run on trash computers from 15 years ago

So what? Should desktop environments get more bloated and resource wasting just because there IS more processing power to waste?

Did you even read the whole post?

>make a linux distribution targeted at people in poor countries who run on trash computers from 15 years ago
at what point did they imply this

xubuntu

>targeted at people in poor countries
It isn't. It uses an african word as a name to sound fancy and philosophical. Ubuntu means "You are because we are" or some commie shit like that.

>he hasn't heard of Canaima OS

Sugar was the OS made for nigras, Ubuntu just wanted to be a good Linux desktop.

Attached: home-screenshot.png (992x744, 57K)

But Sugar is better than Gnome 3 or KDE4.

It is an African company at least in origin no?

Wasn't Xubuntu created because of this, and then made the same mistake?

nope! The leader of Canonical is indeed from south africa, but the whole business itself is based in the U.K.

Oh ok my bad

I think you are confusing ubuntu with lubuntu.

My very old Ubuntu installation CD said Ubuntu means "humanity to others".

Tried Ubuntu on my T420s ran like shit just because of unity. Meanwhile KDE Debian fucking flys even when running chrome

Ubuntu is made for modern computers. Use one of the respins for old systems.

They meant to say " Install Slackware"

lubuntu is not the default

It means they needed a DE that actually has a calculator.

Attached: uncalculatedw.png (421x340, 85K)

Obsessed.