Image tagging

does anyone manage their image libraries using tags instead of directories? i'm using directories right now but i always struggle to get the perfect organisation i want to find certain images easily.
cli or gui software both welcome, also post your image folder size

Attached: scrot.png (501x313, 25K)

tmsu
hydrus network

hydrus looks neat, will check it out

ive tried this using things like Pixa. I could never find the right system. The software lagged a lot (I have millions of images) or I couldn't figure out a good tagging system (memes, art reference images, and so on). I always wanted something that would use tag TREES, where I could create a primary tag and have subtags within that. Otherwise everything's just a clusterfuck.

Hydrus here too, just easier than folders by far.

the only right answer

Why did you mention that other program? Hydrus is the bigger name more people live and die by, whereas this other one will basically not even get a +1. Like are you just saying it's an alternative? All anyone talks about is Hydrus, so without context one would have to actively avoid Hydrus to be inspired to use anything else.

hydrus looks dope, gonna tickle my tism to this all week. thanks Jow Forumsoys.

i looked at tmsu as well and it seems alright for a cli program. less dependencies too. i'll probably try both tmsu and hydrus

Never heard of Hydrus until now. Is there any real reason to run a Hydrus server locally? What does it provide?

tmsu looks nice.

What exactly was the purpose of this post?

There's nothing wrong with suggesting several different pieces of software. OP did ask for both cli and gui software, after all. I, for one, can actually see quite a lot of utility/appeal from something like tmsu. Relative to Hydrus, tmsu seems like a much lighter-weight, simpler implementation that follows the UNIX philosophy closer, which gives you greater overall flexibility in your software choice.

I'm actually glad that fellow suggested it, I've been looking for something like it for a long time.

>using image tagging software

tfw normie who fucks instead of having a 173.28 gb folder of anime girls

>implying normies tag their images
>implying tagging isn't perfect for organizing and finding images in your 173.28gb folder on anime girls

you're doing it wrong nigger

>What exactly was the purpose of this post?
"Use your fucking words to give context to your shit you mouthbreathing fucking retard." Only, asking someone on Jow Forums to use their words is socially unacceptable and results in being socially ostracized in an emotionally-charged way.

I don't think you quite understood but nobody expects that from minis anyway.

oh yeah you're right i read that wrong

i have autism and im gay

hydus sucks

i wrote my own in c which tags images using iptc meta data, automatically grabs the tags from boorus; and more importantly doesn't drag all your images into its own secret directory system or rename all your files. it also uses ELO and trueskill to rank tags and images so you can find the cutest ones which no one else can do especially not cargo cult python pieces of poop

anime image: 23,000~ 33gb~

Attached: 2018-03-25--1522057574_1381x614_scrot.png (1381x614, 151K)

Found the neckbeard

I just put tags in filenames.

the ghetto database solution

Hey, as long as it works.
>doesn't require additional programs
>can search from file picker
>boolean operations and grouping in search
>wildcards for tags, also no need to type the tags entirely
>fast

sounds like pretty advanced shit fampai
you'd better not take this to the grave
publish dat shit and link it up in 4chin threads from time to time (e.g. dpt)

tags in filenames+ folders master race
everything's named apart from pink wojaks
totals to 1.3gb

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-01-13-26-47.png (480x800, 97K)