YOU NEED DEM 4K HDMI CABLE BRUH

So I go to my local best buy to pick up a 4k Samsung tv I saw on sale. See the sales associate and tell him which model I'm looking for. He say's "no problem I'll be right back with the box". He comes back after like 5 mins with the TV along with 3 smaller boxes.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed they were fancy looking HDMI cables. I asked what the hell those are for? He immediately tries to fool me by saying these are the only HDMI cables which work with 4K TVs. Each of those cables is $59.99. 60 bucks for an HDMI cable??!?! WTF.

My jaw drops and I give him the death stare and proceed to educate him on what kind of bitch made nigger he really is by trying to upsell those cables to me. His manager came and told me I couldn't speak to his bitch like that. Gave him an earful as well, and eventually was told they'll call the police If I don't leave. Walked out of the store after that and just decided to order it online from another electronics store.

LOL BestBuy employees are such cucks.

Attached: con artist.jpg (320x265, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fake and gay

Jow Forums spergs out again and claims to be superior, what a story

So why did you even go there in the first place if you knew it was shit?

A smug "all HDMI cables work in 4k don't try to scam me" would've sufficed, you didn't have to sperg out

Attached: IMG_20180401_033829_983.jpg (568x960, 81K)

Get out

Attached: Get out.jpg (398x402, 70K)

They were right, you are wrong. Regular HDMI can only transmit 1080p or lower. You need HDMI 3.0 to transmit a 4K signal.

You need HDMI 2.0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.0

But HDMI 2.0 must be below $20 dollars

Love this pasta

No, you don't.

>shopping at a literal scam store geared towards upselling garbage and "services" while simultaneously using on demand working shifts.

just let retail die already. they jewed too hard and can't compete anyway.

Fuck Best Goy

This

They don't even make their main income source from the products, but the interest of the purchases through their credit cards on said product because competition from online shopping gives them almost no margin.

I’ve also been banned from my local Best Buy in a row over LEGO mindstorms

That's extremely autistic

I got my Moto G5 Plus 64 GB variant on special for $173 at Best Buy last November.

If you want to be a SUPER faggot then call Best Buy Corporate and let them know that a manager and employee at XYZ location dissuaded you from making a $1000+ purchase.

Of course if you did actually threaten/ abuse them then Corporate might not care as much.

Attached: 1432090815044.jpg (1252x1252, 181K)

This. OP is wrong and literally needed a new cable. Of course it's still shitty for BestBuy to only sell him $60 cables and he should get them somewhere else, but it's not like it's something he didn't need in first place.

Wrong. HDMI 2.0 is just a spec. It uses 1.4 cables.

HDMI 1.4 does 4k at 30Hz, HDMI 2.0 can do 4k at 60Hz. My 4k has one HDMI 2.0 port and two 1.4 ports for some utterly stupid reason - why they put just one usable HDMI port and two useless ones beside it is beyond me. Regardless: The port being HDMI 2.0 or 1.4 matters. The cable used DOES NOT MATTER. I guess the quality of the cable could matter on longer runs. It's also possible old low quality cables would fail. But my experience so far is that any HDMI cable will work just fine. Regardless, a HDMI cable should be $10 not $60. Don't worry about being banned from Best Buy, they will be bankrupt and finished soon anyway.

What the fuck are you trying to say with this story? A guy tried to con you into buying shit that you don't need so you overreacted and embarrassed yourself in public?

I forgot my cable was pre-1.4 and wouldn’t transmit 4K properly until I crossed off every other explanation for the distorted colors, sound lag, and all other kinds of weird shit. Selling one of those in a store would be tantamount to fraud though.

Best Goy is absolute shit. Shame on you for shopping there in the first place. However, being a retarded sperg should have gotten you banned. Just refuse the cables, like how I refuse to enroll in their shitty NSAsquad protection and goy rewards card program. They don't push the issue unless you look like an undecided sucker.

But sir HDMI has "HD" in it why would it be able to transfer anything more than that

Any cable made to full HDMI spec is fine.
Cheaper cables omitted 4 wires that were not used on early models, but 95% of any random cable you get today will support 4k60

Jow ForumsthatHappened/

MEANWHILE you bough the TV and cables and only now realized you got suckered.

Attached: 1522390823822.jpg (280x400, 19K)

I second that, this could be the most autistic comment I have ever read.