Thinkpad recall

Thinkpadfags btfo'd

Attached: thinkpad recall.png (944x656, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/france-investigate-apple-iphone-ipad-may-cause-egyptair-plane-crash-2017-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying I would buy a neue-pad
I'll stick with my X220, thanks

This

Why would anyone buy a Thinkpad older than the X220?

It's also an Ultrabook.

Not a real Thinkpad.

>manufacturer detects issue before it affects anyone
>recalls and replaces hardware for free
Where's the problem ?

NO, X1 Carbons btfo'd. No one buys those here, and if they did, they didn't fully read the OP in /TPG/.

are you implying the X1 Carbon is older than an X220?

>unfastened screw
Couldn't I just fasten it then? What screw is it?

Attached: 1521398187560.gif (405x720, 1.33M)

It must be some screw that pokes into the battery if it's not screwed in all the way, causing a stress point.

You could fasten it yourself, but I assume Lenovo will replace the battery as well in case it's damaged.
I would inspect it myself and only send it in if you discover an unfastened screw (which is probably only the case with a tiny %)

Jow Forums doesn't recommend buying new thinkpads you dumbo
buy a used old one
the new ones are overpriced and garbage
the used ones are amazing and super cheap

Should have bought a MacBook. We told you

>ThinkPad X1 Carbon
>mfw didn't fell for the ultrabook meme and just bought a X270

Attached: d4f96f0aa28cc7ca6971bc9a33d48204.jpg (600x450, 37K)

>the new ones are overpriced and garbage

No they're not.

They are still some of the best quality laptops on the market.
They do cost a lot, but not more than similar quality laptops.
X1 is a stupid meme though - just buy a Macbook Air instead.

Im guessing he meant younger?

Options:
1. remove said screw, it probably is redundant
2. just keep it fastened.

could you summarize? I'm considering buying an X1 carbon. change my mind.

Attached: 91f57f3a-d127-4d7a-8d45-54d73d7b33f5..jpg (640x1136, 52K)

could thing I didn't get the x1c meme
I got the x1c yoga meme

Does this mean I can get one of these for cheap?
I'm not the kind of retard that would have an unfastened screw.

They don't have an ethernet port. Case closed. It's not a thinkpad in my book. Dongled piece of shit.

I also bought an x1 carbon.
Not everyone gives credence to tpg threads.
Sorry.

>dongled piece of shit.

yet if you have to rely on ethernet for a connection you can't exactly take the laptop with you, can you? fuckin dumbass piece of monkey shit.

Ignore that retard. The new X1C is one of if not the best all around laptop on the market.

you already have to bring the cable with you so you might as well leave it attached to the dongle

>best all around laptop on the market
Objectively false. The equivalent regular X series laptops, or slim T series laptops are easily superior "all-rounders".

The only thing the X1 specializes in is """portability""", which is hardly different from the other two mentioned these days.

This

>X270
>not an ultrabook

What about the older Ivy Bridge spec models? I just want something small and light with long ass battery. I don't need ethernet, just at least two USBs and a headphone out. The fucking thing's like $200-300, surely there's nothing better for that price range?

The actual ethernet cable is infinitetly more bulky than the dongle, so I've never understood that point.
And why the fuck would you use a laptop in a place where you have ethernet?

The X series are not memebooks, they come with an ethernet port along with all the other ports a man needs, unlike ultramemes that sacrifice that functionality in order to be more thin.

>lenovo

Shut Cream/Macfag.

Libreboot

I just got a x220 and put an x230 keyboard init.

That's like, the complete opposite of what you should be doing man.

No I prefer the more modern looking one.

At lest they have a recall they have even listed a case of a failure, unlike Appel, whose stuff is running so hot, that battery shits itself up, GPU unsolders...

Just get x200 with libreboot

Lol enjoy that useless resolution

Fucking weirdo.

Why don't you have an HP EliteBook yet? And I'm not talking about the 2570p, but the 'ultrabook' models like the 9470m and 1000 series.

Is T470 safe?

Better alternatives:
>HP EliteBook 840
>HP EliteBook 1040
>HP ZBook 14u

delete this post please

Based Lenovo recalling a product before people start lawsuits over it.

Yeah, the G5s. ZBook 14u, no TB3, same for the 15u. The G5 versions do have them plus quads. If you're going to spend a shitload, at least get something with some extendibility, e.g. ability to add a gaymen GPU, external storage array, et cetera.

wow you may actaully be retarded, people with real jobs (not just people browsing facebook) need an ethernet port for their job, the X1 is not for people who are using a laptop for their job, just normies who consume media.

How is this based? Isn't this just covering your ass? Based would be it never had this problem in the first place.

Yeah, you can. I work on this model for my uni, we did a quick internal recall on them, it's a that simple a fix. It's not just one screw, but could be a number of them. Look for any screw that is directly under the battery. Fix any screws that are cockeyed, also check for screws that don't actually catch the threading and just spin in place, and remove those. If there are any indentations in your battery from these, contact Lenovo

Attached: Screenshot_2018-01-30_23-46-27.png (364x361, 197K)

It is based when the norm is something like this: businessinsider.com/france-investigate-apple-iphone-ipad-may-cause-egyptair-plane-crash-2017-5

Yeah whenever something like this happens people tend to ignore the whole warranty aspect just so they have something to argue about on the internet. Hell, people seem to rarely talk about warranties at all, let alone extended warranties. It's almost like this is a website full of people without jobs and money.

ethernet sounds like internet but has an e, therefore people think that ethernet = internet explorer because internet explorer is also internet with an e

>people with real jobs need an ethernet port for their job.
>implying a company's IT department can't secure their WIFI as good as their LAN
>implying every single laptop ever made without an ethernet port is for "just normies who consume media"

you really are hittin the fucktard jackpot today aren't you? ding ding ding, i found the imbecile who knows jack shit about compooters, Jow Forums

>posts with trip
look mum, a retard!

this was directed at you

No shit dumbfuck, you cant even respond to a fucking post right, you may as well just kill yourself pathetic tripfag

so i use a feature Jow Forums implements and I'm retarded... you're a fuckin poorfag who can't even wrap his head around basic network security my dude.
>hurr durr you only have a real job if it requires using a laptop that has ethernet.

lmfao fuck outta here with your no education havin ass

and stay there

fpbp

Attached: 1469830053325.jpg (3264x1840, 1.41M)

why you so tilted? you still cant even defend your shit ass argument anymore without reverting to your lil NEET comfort zone.

>tilted
>havin ass
>my dude
you have to be over 18 to post here.

What model is that thicc laptop at the bottom?

yeah? lil baby bitch forgot his dumbass argument? bby wants to keep shit talkin? awwsheebooboo u so cute. yesh you are. awwww

Imagine being so pathetic you have to have a name on an ANONYMOUS imageboard, go seek attention elsewhere you fucking trog

Attached: you.jpg (480x640, 42K)

ibm thinkpad g40

Attached: 1494275840179.jpg (2592x1936, 935K)

i guess you really wanna forget about that retarded statement you made before about real jobs and ethernet ports...are you that guilty you have to turn it around on me? lmao you act like a woman

Hey retard, no Wifi network is EVER going to be as secure as a wired connection. And how else are you supposed to directly link into a server without fucking ethernet? You're just a dumbfuck tripfag from reddit who thinks he knows fucking anything. You really need to go fuck off and die

Attached: .jpg (500x542, 47K)

Jesus, you can fit a full size GPU in there, i have seen Pentium III laptops before, but i never thought a Pentium 4 one could exits, i bet it has great battery life and thermals.

I have a 7 year old thinkpad w510 and it melted the plastic here, but never caught fire. Not bad with an SSD.

Attached: w510hole.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

>implying i even use reddit for anything at all
>implying an ethernet alone bypasses security configurations and "hurr durr now I'm connected to the server just like that"

you're embarrassing yourself

Wow you are clinically braindead, never post on this board again

aw. i was expecting another dumb fuck rebuttal. you're better than that.

Attached: .jpg (810x1428, 102K)

hmmm

explosives-traces-found-on-victims-of-crashed-egyptair-flight-2016-12

Ever tried setting up a network without a wired device? It sucks. I bet most people here will never find a use for it though.

I had one in my last laptop and I used it two times in its entire 3 year lifespan.

I'm not sure about every wireless router out there but in my experience, configuring one requires an ethernet connection. For the most part.

Xiaomi devices can be set up through a mobile app, for example.

what is USB?

yet again, the worst tripfag is too stupid to think of the obvious answer.

>so i use a feature Jow Forums implements and I'm retarded...
Just because you can doesn't mean you have to you know.
It's just like when you keep having gay anal sex just because you're able to take all those black cock.

"I'm not sure about every wireless router out there" is verbatim what I said. Also, not every wireless router has a usb connection.

You just keep digging your autism hole deeper and deeper. I'm getting worried.

>X1
Who gives a fuck.

What the fuck. Is it all 5th gen x1c's?

And how the fuck can a loose screw damage the battery

Did you remove the battery to check for screws? How many did you find?

>They are still some of the best quality laptops on the market.
Yet some of them really are just overpriced garbage. My reasons for this view on some is the hardware. They make Thinkpad Chromebooks now and they are priced like mid/high-range laptops. They come with Celeron CPUs and have 2 GB RAM and 32 GB storage. Don't care if they are built like tanks. Don't care if they last 20 years from now. Those models are totally useless for everything. I don't even understand why they make them and I also don't get who buys them. A Celeron computer with 2 GB RAM is a piece of trash waste regardless of who makes it and what shell it's in.

Damn now that's a thicc boi

Here's a reason not to buy it: It's being recalled. That alone should be enough to convince you to buy another model or another computer. There's a problem with this model. Get something with a known defect. Also: It states Risk Type FIRE. Do you want a housefire?

>any thinkpad after t420
Not a real thinkpad then.
Thinkpad dindu niffin, laptop of peace.

Because some people use their laptop as a desktop replacement and/or need more powerful hardware, since they're not a shitposting larping all day NEET like yourself.

So my X230 is still safe :^)

The T410 had an MSRP of over $1700.

>extended warranties

Attached: 1522666839507.png (429x410, 78K)

People with real jobs, (not gayming) don't need an ethernet port. But seriously, if your sole determining factor whether a Laptop is good or not, is that has an ethernet port, you're a special type of retarded.

Why do you type like a shill?

What the fuck are you sending over the Internet at your workplace? Wifi is perfectly secure so long as the traffic is encrypted. You can try it yourself.

he is a special kind of retard.

If you don't need an ethernet port you don't have a real job

Are you serious, it's exactly business types who need(ed) it. It used to be that you couldn't trust a hotel to have good enough wifi (if they had one at all) to do your work on, that's why you'd have an ethernet port.

Mah nigga, G41 master race reporting. G series was the desktop replacement of 2003.

Mine had the P4 3.2 EE, that's right, the actual desktop Socket 478 chip not a neutered mobile version. It also had a Geforce FX5200, the actual desktop chip not a mobile or low-volt version.

I was lucky to get maybe an hour battery out of mine but it played the shit out of Unreal 2004 when it came out.

Right now I have a maxed-out E545, T61, T60 awaiting the 51nb T70 upgrade, a 600E for W98 and DOS gaymen and a 486 model I need to get working.