Apple Master Race

How bad did I fuck up Jow Forums?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 10.55.01 PM.png (808x802, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C5OBnzoJy7c
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Since you're asking the question clearly you know the answer. Saged

How much did the apl cost?

Not bad at all if you're gonna install Gentoo on it.

Pretty badly.

Should have waited for the next Mac Pro.

iMacs are complete trash. Enjoy your glued in screen should you ssd ever fail.

You ssd only ok?

Will probably wait until the Mac Pro get's it's first update after the new form factor relief, then retire this to a secondary setup.

So you spent $10000 for a laugh. I aspire to be as financially secure as you. Faggot.

I don't get the appeal of the high-end model. 18 cores, but they're only 2.3ghz? Doesn't seem to be much diff between vega 56 & 64 besides vram either.

Also knowing apple it'll probably overheat like crazy at full load. The entry-level model seems like a much better deal.

You just fell for the Apple meme. Those monitors will look like shit since Apple only gives a fuck about the monitors they produce. When I had an iMac any external monitor looked like shit unless I was running windows, only then did it look fine.

Attached: 1514867446089.jpg (421x421, 57K)

Tests I've seen seem to indicate the thermal management is actually pretty good, and not much thermal throttling.

Many people poise that the 10 core is the sweet spot for the price. It really depends on use case though.

Attached: tld-18-core-imac-pro-benchmark.jpg (5120x2880, 414K)

Already own some of the Ultrafine monitors. They are terrific, and are of similar quality to the native monitors.

Only real problem is bezels, which don't bother me.

I guess it is LG, they might be making the panels in the Apple displays anyhow.

>you spent $10000 for a laugh
Closer to $17,000

Attached: 2018-04-02 00_31_11.png (955x827, 75K)

It is.

I had a 32" LG 4k and decided it was too small and upgraded to a 42" LG 4k

not sure how i'd feel about 27" 4k....

I've been on the fence. I've become really attached to portrait monitors, but still need a landscape. I will be running this setup with an iMac in the center with asymmetrically placed 22" portrait monitors, all on monitor arms. The 3rd LG is for something else.

Fair enough, if I could justify it, i'd replace my current 2ndary panel (25" 1440p) with another 42" 4k LG wall mounted.

i really enjoy using a large panel like this with essentially the same pixel density as a 22" 1080p.

Appel slave race is more accurate. You could have built a superior machine yourself and saved thousands

if you work within the ecosystem and have an established portfolio within that system, might as well continue with it.

Also, to some people this isn't a life altering amount of money, maybe they'll make the money back within a few weeks, who knows.

Spec me out a superior machine in which all the components fit within the same dimensions of the iMac.

I can't go back to low-DPI monitors, especially not with my use case. I got stuck using a non 4k monitor a few weeks back and hated it.

This is basically setup. Still thinking about an offside or wall mounted tv close by dedicated for videos. I often play youtube videos and similar while working.

But not in the same form factor. Building your own computer is good for a lot of things, but not really for professional stuff.

Attached: imac.jpg (1800x1013, 452K)

>2.3ghz per core

Attached: 1400634287799.gif (300x188, 463K)

You do know you can calibrate displays in OSX, right?

Attached: ackchyually.png (200x200, 24K)

>spend $13k for a piece of shit that catches fire as soon as you turn it on and runs worse than a $2000 gaymen pc

Attached: 1503790857373.png (228x260, 139K)

Is the IMac form factor really worth several thousands of dollars? You can’t upgrade shit and the thermals are terrible. If you really dont have room for a full ATX tower maybe you should upgrade your office space first

Generally, yes.

>muh thermal management meme

>how do I into color profiles, the post

So before Apple introduced retina screens, I would tell people macOS font rendering was terrible. Apple wanted to faithfully reproduce the fonts on low resolution screens, which resulted in soft, smudged text.

When confronting Apple users about this, they would say it was fine, it all looked crisp and clear. Now Apple has switched to retina displays, all the Apple users suddenly realise how bad the text looks when they switch between retina and non-retina, and talk about eye strain and so on when using non-retina screens.

So now everyone has suddenly seen the light, what exactly is the solution Apple provides for professional users? A buggy, overpriced third party display from lg? Is that it? A fixed height all in one with a 5200rpm hdd?

I honestly don’t even understand why I see so many MacBooks at Facebook, etc. They hook them up to 1080 displays and read blurry text all day?

Only pc gamers upgrade things. Thermals are fine.

>A fixed height all in one with a 5200rpm hdd?
>iMac Pro
>5200rpm hdd

Oh yeah was referring to normal priced computers like iMac. I am talking about non-video editing professionals who have no need for 10 core Xeon cpu. What do we buy? A MacBook with a buggy lg monitor....

You're a retard.

thx

Fortunately disk replacement is very easy on these machines.
Sure it'll void your warranty, but you'd only do it yourself if it was out of warranty anyway so whatever…

>thermals
>on an 18 core system with a grand total of two fans
>fine
Maybe when you're fucking idling. But fuck, you only have a 500 watt power supply for both an 18 core xeon and an immensely power hungry Vega, so you probably can't even use them both at the same time at 100% utilization, so fuck, you're right, maybe the thermals ARE fine. Not because the thermal solution doesn't suck though.
Apple apologists, everybody.
Remember when all those 2011 Macbooks all started dying of GPU issues right after AppleCare+ expired? Yeah guess why that happened. Now guess why it's happened again on every model of the MBP that hasn't had vents on the bottom. Now look at your iMac. Look at its AMD GPU that doesn't enjoy high temperatures in the fucking slightest. Do the math.
13 grand directly down the fucking drain folks. That's what some people make in a year. This guy spent it on what's going to be a glorified paperweight in less than 5 years.
Imagine being this stupid.

That's why I said he's a retard. Couldn't have put it better myself.

>not much thermal throttling
It's supposed to be a workstation. Not a phone. It should have zero thermal throttling.

>glorified paperweight in less than 5 years.
But will have paid for itself many times over in the first few months. I doubt I even have it for two.

Riiight. And you simply couldn't have made the same amount of money on any other piece of hardware, right? Well the fact that Apple makes garbage hardware doesn't matter then I guess. Cause all you want is the shitty oven of a form factor and you can make the money back, so it doesn't matter that you're supporting a garbage business practice I guess. Just make sure you sell it while it's still on warranty.
Oh, and don't try running Furmark for longer than five minutes. If you really want to test Apple's warranty though: here's a pro-tip: run Furmark at cranked settings 5k MSAA as high as it can go for as long as it takes and just wait for it to fry itself. Bonus points if you turn off the AC. Have fun.

You seem slightly ass-devastated that someone made a decision to purchase something you don't like.

>buying a product that will be completely deprecated in 2 years when apple switches to ARM.

Attached: tails.png (348x350, 194K)

You seem slightly retarded for not understanding why anyone with half a brain hates these business practices. Well, "slightly". I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just a shill. You know what? I'd love it if Apple still made good products. Hell even with their dead shortly after warranty bullshit and proprietary software I've still considered purchasing their stuff. I've owned their stuff as a matter of fact. I like the aesthetics as much as the next guy and OSX used to be a genuinely good OS, though extremely restricting and proprietary. But for years now they've just fallen off and this product is currently the absolute peak of their mountain of shitbaggery.
It's good, if you like crap.
youtube.com/watch?v=C5OBnzoJy7c

Oh that's a whole other bag of worms senpai.