Post em

Post em

>Web Host
>Frontend Framework
>Backend Framework
>Database

Attached: what-is-web-hosting-559462321.jpg (1148x696, 777K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2K0iVLNvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GCloud
React
Express
MongoDb

Amazon EC2/Container Service
React
Express
Whatever the project needs (most of the time MySQL, Cassandra or Kafka)

Home server
HTML/CSS/Javascript
Linux
YAML

Digital Ocean
Bucky
Bucktooth Gopher server
Plain text files

garage
php
gnu+linux
mysql

Self
Plain javascript
Asp.net/PHP/node
SQL server/MariaDB

Home servers
HTML/JS(BS)
Python Flask
OracleDB/MariaDB

Digital Ocean
Angular
MeteorJS
MongoDB

>mfw idiots are still using MongoDB

Microsoft® Azure
React (jawascript)
Node.js (javascript)
MySQL (with javascript for support scripts)

Attached: azurew.png (1111x597, 520K)

hostpoint
jquery
symfony
sqlite

Digital ocean/Linode/Vultr/Netlify if static
Vuejs
Laravel/Node.js
MariaDB/Postgresql

youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2K0iVLNvM

Attached: 4a4.gif (514x205, 1.96M)

My computer
HTML/CSS/Javascript
Nginx + nodejs + custom java http server that uses nio
MySQL

a2
vanilla ES6
PHP/Node
MariaDB/MongoDB

linode
es6, jquery, bootstrap
express
mongodb (purely to spite Jow Forums)

What kind of projects do you use all these MongoDBs for? So far I'd only use it for very simplistic stuff like a simple cms, a user managemente microservice or for some kind of caching

i used it to store push notification subscription objects. Mongo made sense since i only wanted to store JSON anyway. i wouldn't know where to start if i wanted to store relational data on Mongo. right tool for the job, i suppose.

Home server
Self-written in C with dietlibc and libowfat
None
Self-written in C with tinyldap

Local stack for development, Awardspace for things that need outside or full-time access
HTML/CSS/Javascript
PHP
MySQL

3-way data connectivity that's built into MeteorJS and meteor-angular is 2legit2quit

>Cataclysm
>c++
>c
>db2

Shit is insane.

Christ, what mememastery.

Dope shit, anons. Can't beat them classics.

What the fuck is going on with that backend?

>Azure
>Anything but dotnet core
You have less expensive options.

I really enjoyed Vue until I got to single file components. Interop with typescript and linting turned into an absolute trainwreck.

Put it on a small dedicated machine.

Don't use mongo. It encourages bad data habits.

What the fuck? Post repo.

I replied to everyone in the thread, now what?

so what's your stack?

AWS Beanstalk
React (static with gatsby.js)
Django
Postgres master race

>if I call something "haha, le meme" then people will think I'm cool

i think he's bretty cool

Goddamn I forgot.

OVH, Azure, Vultr or AWS. Might DO since their prices dropped.
jQuery if I can, Typescript where possible, Vue when jQuery would turn into a mess.
Asp core is favorite, Python for hacks.
Mariadb, Postgres, or SQL Server (at work).

Bonus
Cache: Redis
Reverse proxy: Nginx

Using some janky modern frontend shit and container platforms is okay, but if your entire setup looks like it was cribbed from a soyboy blog then you might have cargo culting problems.

Can you explain your issue with my setup in non meme terms? It seems you just have a personal issue with mongodb and js frameworks (probably because you're too small brained to learn them)

Which one were you?

>Digital Ocean
>AngularJS (specifically meteor-angular)
>MeteorJS
>MongoDB

Amazon
React
Java
MariaDB

>Web Host
Some random laptop from my trash drawer.

>Frontend Framework
HTML

>Backend Framework
C

>Database
Text files

Trips of complete fuckery. What on earth are you doing, user?

>host
digital ocean
>front
none or react+redux
>back
django/django-rest
>db
PostgreSQL

JavaScript, JavaScript, and Mongo. What a fucking combination. I'm not trying to be a pretentious cunt here, but JavaScript is wrong. It just is. I've been around a while, long enough to see history repeat itself. We had the same problem with Visual Basic and PHP. These languages actually provide negative learning affordance. As in, using them makes you a worse developer on average because there's no right way to do things, or the right way is far less obvious than the wrong way. Then, you're putting your data in mongo! Wtf! Your entire stack front to back has no refuge for sane design. You have no automatic contracts anywhere. How many tests do you have to ensure making a change won't have far-reaching side effects? I've seen that a well tested js project has two lines of tests for every line of code. That's horrifying, and it's absolutely necessary to ensure you don't fuck yourself on your own design. Because you will. The whole thing will get so heavy that you'll start mentally crystalizing areas. "do not touch". Refactoring becomes impossible. There's a reason why large js frameworks seem to get rewritten every two years! It's just completely impossible to write well engineered malleable code in it, so they give up and start over. And the people making these frameworks are smart, smarter than me, or perhaps simply more insane. The point is that js framework designers are among the top 0.1% of js developers AND THEY STILL CAN'T GET A DESIGN RIGHT. What hope do you have?

Now on the front, this is unavoidable until we have really good cross compile to webassembly and the browser support is there. But on your backend there's no excuse. The backend has been a refuge, a place of sanity to carve out a lasting and maintainable interface for your client. Behind it stands the database, the final pillar, the foundation of normalization and relational calculus.
But you threw it all away, for more js, and mongo. Fucking hell m8.