>OpenBSD 6.3 Released - Apr 2, 2018
Discuss.

Attached: Harry.gif (227x343, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marc.info/?l=openbsd-announce&m=152267725618055&w=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's exciting. Good for them.

>the current state of Jow Forums

OP forgot to shit on the GPL and say UNIX and security.

The wincuck shill has come back

New song when?

No one give a fuck about this useless os

And you forgot to turn your tripcode off you absolute faggot.

Attached: RBv5Z.png (1125x681, 63K)

Latest node LTS and PHP 7.0 . I can actually use this now

>OpenBSD 6.3 Released - Apr 2, 2018
>website says 15th

dont respond to trip twats. to worst you can do to a trip twat is ignoring its sad existence

oh boy, another system update with their poorly made update solution incoming

Released ahead of schedule:
marc.info/?l=openbsd-announce&m=152267725618055&w=2

Upgrading as we speak :)

>SMP '''''''''''''''''''''''''support''''''''''''''''''''''''' on OpenBSD/arm64 platforms

i remember when openbsd would take 10 minutes to init

we've come far

Well done guys, I promise to use OpenBSD when I reach sockets

Have they upgraded to Apache 2.x yet?

oh hey the new version of installer actually has a list of mirrors built-in

is this actually new or did i just never notice it?

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and I don't think OpenBSD supports anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Attached: openbsd_logo.jpg (442x293, 27K)

it's there for some time
the mystery is how/what the fuck remembers last mirror you used?

Great news.

Attached: 43535.jpg (210x230, 7K)

installs a file to /etc/installurl

>*bsd
>even worse, OpenBSD that looks like 1990s UI
I wonder why no one gives a shit. hope that project dies soon so we can finally live in piece.

Not what I meant. If you install OpenBSD in VM and select some mirror and make another VM and try to install it for second time, the mirror gets selected automatically regardless of no data shared between instances. There is probably some remote gate server remembering last mirror your IP (or something) used. I've tried reading through source briefly but couldn't find answer.

>piece
I'm sorry, you're not intelligent enough to use a top class Unix-like OS. Perhaps Windows would be more suitable for you? Good luck!

Attached: BDF0EDB6-C2F9-4DEC-8622-334374A7E168.png (856x846, 85K)

I made a mistake, but OpenBSD is still a shit OS for smelly basement-dwelling fat neckbeards like you're self. also your retarded

Attached: 6.png (286x256, 96K)

Most of the replies ITT are old trolls. If anyone actually wants to learn about *BSD or why it's a cool alternative, ask somewhere outside of Jow Forums. IRC, mailing lists, anywhere really. You'll only find the same 2 or 3 people shitposting here.

even better, now they use their own webserver written from scratch

up-to-date in port tree

although not sure why would anyone want to use it

httpd > nginx > * > apache2

>My usecase is everyones usecase
OpenBSD is niche OS and is heavily used in certain situations. It's not meant for your gaymer desktop.

Prepare to install OpenBSD :]

Attached: 2018-04-02-210949_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 82K)

Practising on a VM before the real thing?

Attached: 1514048767777.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

I love Qubes, it is all-in-one OS.
Running haiku, bsd, windows, debian and other OS whatever you want. Use different virtualization methods (PHV,HVM, PV).

I like it too, just not too happy about XEN. It's better than KVM (type-2 garbage), but it's still a damn bloated hypervisor.
seL4's VMM can't come soon enough.

Attached: 1521371095747.png (1920x1080, 3.64M)

I liked running OpenBSD. Too bad until the last time I tested it it didn't support my WiFi card and I had to use USB tethering to access the internet.(last time I tried it was -current on December last year)

>not already installing it as main OS on main computer
>mfw

Attached: 2018-04-02-144002_2560x1440_scrot.png (2560x1440, 368K)

>cwm
great choice

>>cwm
>great choice
only choice, desu

Can you test openbsd vmm ?

already installed a Debian VM, with no intermediate qemu required

Attached: 2018-04-02-145314_2560x1440_scrot.png (2560x1440, 283K)

If OpenBSD is so great why doesn't it come with a browser?

Sadly this

?!

Oh boy, I wasn't expecting this, time to install it in my PC Engines APU.

>still can't write to ext4

Attached: 1514941297977.png (403x448, 53K)

Were you able to use usb tethering for the install. I’m stuck with only using tethering for the moment, last I tried OpenBSD with it, wouldn’t work during the install. FreeBSD did but it was too bloated.

Linux's got shit support for ufs2. What's your deal?