Realistically speaking, Jow Forums, and without using memes, is this laptop good technology?

Realistically speaking, Jow Forums, and without using memes, is this laptop good technology?

Attached: apple-macbook-pro-with-touch-bar-13-inch-2016-17.jpg (770x433, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4KuVvb9DTaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shitty keyboard
>virtually no serviceability
>can't even switch the battery or add more RAM

No.

Yes, if you can afford it.

That to row touchbar was first implemented on the Lenovo X1 Carbon. Users hated it and so it was gone next generation. Then Apple decided to "revolutionize" the industry by adding it to their laptops and still no one likes it.

If you use it the way it's meant to be used, then yes. It's excellent disregarding the price factor.

I've also learned only the poor, who can't afford them, come up with all excuses to dislike the laptop.

You mean exactly opposite of how they advertise it?

Severely overpriced, and no customization options () or ability to fix hardware problems on your own. That being said, they're pretty comfy and most of the time are hassle-free ("it just werks")
Never owned one, but I was given one to use for a semester for a class

+ best build quality on the market
+ best trackpad on the market
+ 16:10 screen
+ battery life
+ pretty silent

- low travel keys
- glossy screen
- not servicable

If the price and keyboard don't bother you than there is nothing that can really compete.
Dell XPS comes close, but its not much cheaper and has QC issues.

>investing in apple after todays news

So?
You think developement for amd64 osx will just stop 1.1.2020?

I've got the XPS 15 9560, and the best rig with the warranty and support cost me $3400 USD.
But it's the best computer I've ever used.

Pretty much every pentester and researcher whether freelancing or working at a security firm uses a macbook pro with maxed out specs because it was given to them by whoever they're working for. This is true for about 99% of the industry, they don't care, it was given to them, it works like linux but it doesn't fucking suck.

Attached: 25629990737_e7552e5116_c.jpg (800x534, 196K)

>works like linux but it doesn't fucking suck
Only if you don't like configuring anything.

>But it's the best computer I've ever used.
Its def the best windows laptop at the moment, but I would always choose the 16:10 screen and force touch trackpad.

I've got it dualbooting Ubuntu Server and Windows 10, it's just fan-fucking-tastic. Full KVM support, pretty great battery life... This is how computers should be.

My only complaint is switching from 4k screen to 1080p monitor. Fucks up Windows every time, but 'Buntu seems to be handling it okay.

>he has to look at his keyboard to type

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

I like the keyboard. It's nice for programming.

>apple didn't absolutely crush other ARM manufacturers

>be apple engineer
>realise function keys are underused
>instead of using function keys more in your software put a fucking touchscreen on next generation of laptops.

How an you not use memes?

Attached: 1457432596825.jpg (900x1200, 277K)

>How an you not use memes?
What did he mean by this?

/thread

Macbooks are objectively shit and mac users are objectively subhuman troglodytes.

t. low income wagecuck

>Macbooks are objectively shit
By what criteria?

I have diy pc master ace hardwired into my brain
i have owned a mac.
I felt disgusting every time I used it. like some sort of betrayal to myself

Fuck no

Gfs logic board just crapped out after a year and three months. Now she has to pay for data recovery because the SSD is soldered in and apple won't recover data even though it has a port for their tool that they refuse to use and won't sell to any third parties

wtf I hate function key now

Attached: D6662357-B799-4688-978F-6C2A961F67FE.jpg (748x448, 138K)

My spoiled brother-in-law got a MBP recently so I was able to check out the touch bar.

It's pretty cool and I dig it, but I am no Mac user and I doubt Windows could ever have a decent solution like that any time soon. As much as I prefer Windows the OS itself is just so cludgy and ununiform in it's implementation. They sorely need to just sit down and refine the damn thing and make it consistent.

Keyboard is shitty, but this window is kinda neat. But I don't like how they removed physical 'F' keys.

Good? Depends. Useful? Probably not. I don't look at my keyboard when using my laptop, so trying to use one of those MacBook touchbars was a huge pain. Why design a keyboard that you have to look at when you can touch type?

>Best Build Quality
Flat out lie
>Best trackpad
Subjective point
>16:10
Valid
>Battery Live
Valid
>Petty silent
This is not a good thing

Battery life is only valid for 6 months, not to mention the thermal throttling that will happen making that battery life worthless.

It has no robustness. A literal single breadcrumb can break it

>Flat out lie
Tell me what laptop has better build quality?
Don't try to tell me chinkpads or XPS13, you know thats not true
>Subjective point
No. The force touch trackpad and its osx integration is objectively better than anything else on the market.
>This is not a good thing
How?

I disagree, and the touchbar is to low res

>Tell me what laptop has better build quality?

Any cheap Asus

Foxconn is dogshit.

dell latitudes have better build quality, its not even a comparison, apple didnt care about build quality for years now
>exploding-macbooks.bmp

it's a non-standard ansi keyboard without function keys and no key travel.
Plus no delete, home, end, page up, page down, or insert keys.
Hardly good for programming.

>has better build quality

>no escape key
I seriously laugh at you people

>no delete, home, end, page up, page down, or insert keys.

whhhhhhhhaaaaaaat?

People actually put up with that?

Latitudes are a joke, even HPs business lines are built more solid than those things.
Robust? Sure, but everything you touch creaks and bends

honestly, it's decidedly less effort to move hands with fn+up/down/left/right, especially since I'm often holding shift with them for selections and then immediately adjusting them with the arrow keys (so all I do is release fn)

removing the entire top row was an absurd mistake

Realistically speaking, and without using memes, not really.
The touchpad is god-tier as always on macbooks and I like how big it is now, and the touchbar is a neat feature if implemented correctly in programs, but it shouldn't come at the cost of Esc and F-keys.
Also the keyboard has basically no travel at all and it's as loud as my mechanical meme keyboard.
Also dongles.
I sold mine and bought an used last-gen macbook, with actual ports and a decent keyboard.

Any second hand Thinkpad/Elitebook/XPS is the best computer ever.

Macbooks are nice for casual use if bossman is paying.

Foxconn makes around 60% of all consumer electronics on the market right now.

You're probably typing that on a Foxconn system without even knowing it.

If you buy a MacBook with a touch bar just kys immediately.

I own the 2017 13" with NO touchbar and it's a solid machine.

are you severely retarded?

hardly good for you.

It's pretty good.
But anti-Apple shilling is just plain fun if we're being honest here. It's fun watching people get so triggered.
I actually unironically like Apple's products, but the anti-Apple memes are b8 gold.

>>shitty keyboard
I like the keyboard. Less travel = less effort having to push a key = faster touch typing.
>virtually no serviceability
Take it to an Apple Store and you won't have much of a problem at all. Apple deliberately tries to hinder third parties from fucking with their products because they're kind of privacy paranoid. See: GeekSquad's recent FBI scandal.
That's why.
>can't even switch the battery or add more RAM
The MacBook was designed with plugnplay functionality in mind. If you want a Frankenstein's Monster computer where you can swap out literally everything, get a ThinkPad.

>Yes, if you can afford it.

Attached: 1510322023036s.jpg (221x250, 5K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4KuVvb9DTaU

Lol they removed the top row of keys and replaced it with a touch screen
Probably adds another $200 to the price tag

Attached: 1522539022384.png (1000x500, 147K)

Look, faggot, I own the top-tier tMBP 15 with everything specced out and I can tell you: it's a shit machine.
Most problems are with the keyboard: completely useless touchbar (yay you can open a new tab in Safari with a dedicated virtual key!!) and extremely sensitive to dust, to the point that keys may randomly stop working out of the blue and you have to do laptop yoga and blow in weird positions (:^)) to have it working again.
Even if you think that the keyboard is not that important, it is still 50% of the interface that you have with the laptop and it's shit (trackpad's good though).
Other issues include being a USB-C-only laptop in a world where USB A and HDMI are still a thing (I have adapters but they are annoying), macOS being an animations-first OS without a native package manager (kinda shit dev environment all around, actually), and somehow underperforming hardware that will lag behind equivalent configurations like the Dell XPS 15 on the same tasks.

Honestly, it kinda depends on what you do for a living, but if shitting out 5k is a lot to you then buy an XPS for 1700€ and don't think twice about it. If you can afford a Mac then you're free to try it out, some less technical people will never even pay attention to the shitty quirks of these machines and you may be one of them.
As an owner of both, I find that for developing and work the XPS is the best choice, whereas I use the Mac for Netflix and comfy news reading on the couch (5k for a Netflix machine, LMAO).

shitty compressed image related, blame Jow Forums for the 4MB size limit

Attached: 20180403_062827.jpg (612x353, 41K)

Ok here we go

Attached: 20180403_062827(1).jpg (3668x2121, 1.84M)

Fucking stupid pleb, go kys fag

Not worth the money. All you really get is good quality control. Shitty thermals, no airflow, throttling, and when the battery dies in 2-3 years you can't even replace it yourself. Let alone the SSD which I'm pretty sure they solder now.

there is literally nothing better than 2017+ mbp trackpad. prove me wrong.

protip: you can't.

I hope you don't use a trackpad for more than two hours at a time, otherwise you're just plain retarded

Nope, I don't need to look at my keyboard because I'm not 5 or a north korean factory worker.

Attached: yugu.png (511x203, 126K)

Some people have jobs so they don’t want to spend their time autistically ricing their permavirgin animu desktops.

>battery life
Didn't apple remove the "estimated time left" features because the battery sucked as compared to older model tho?

lmfao so much brand blind u have definitely had at least 30 iphones

Nice job refuting that central point.

>I like Thing. It's not complete irredeemable shit like everyone is saying it is.
>"LMFAO BLIND SHEEP LIKES THING I DON'T LIKE HAHAHAHAHAH FAG"

ye its a good machine for lightweight work. Mac os UI is godlike for multitasking light applications.

Even with egpu you can't game on it though since metal api sucks ass

macbook pro= god tier everyday laptop and non-heavy application

But that's a photo of a manchild's fruit themed toddler toy. Where's the technology?

you've definitely never used mbp trackpads then

>t. paid shill

Attached: 1496533746554.jpg (615x820, 152K)

basically a laptop for normie?

This. Every appletard subhuman's argument for their fruit shit toddler toys is "m-m-muh normie users!! technology is scary!!!" yet they think they will ever belong on Jow Forums.

>using worst lineup of macbook to prove his point

nigger u is a poor ass or ignorant

I own the 15 tMBP 2017, you disguisting teenage nigger

>uses toddler toy for children
>calls someone else a teenager
The fuck outta here mactoddler.

It feels like typing on a touchscreen with bumps.
Servicability is more than just apple care it's about how easy it actually is to repair and maintain something yourself. This is why people like old macbooks.
Everything can be plug and play, heck linux is more plug and play because of all the drivers for various hardware that could even date back to the 80s are in the kernel. And again reasons like upgrade ability was the reason why macbooks were famous for in the past.

I just said I owned one, 'tard, it was given to me as work laptop but I work on a Linux machine anyway. Why is this board so fucking retarded?

I have a dell latitude d500 on my desk right now that i've been using since about 2003. All the hardware on it still works great(well aside from the dead battery of course)
And yes although it has a fan it is silent as fuck(even compared to a friends macbook side by side) i sometimes forget i had left it on for days because it simply makes no sound.

north korea doesn't have factories, you gimp.

I don't like things I can't disassemble, change broken parts or upgrade it myself, so for me it's not a good piece of technology by any chance. Not even the software, iPhotos is a nightmare to export, yesterday I was doing a backup for a friend of mine and there were no photos at all, so I go hey where are all those 25k photos you talked about? oh they are on iPhotos...diggin' a bit I found out the fucking piece of shit makes a database structure of photos instead of actually place them on folders.

But, they do are somehow consistent on their overall design and that keeps the flock of buyers in line, something Microsoft is quite horrible at, and the GNU/linux ecosystem does not really care about.