/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: fe6dc6e5e462af9e114b126713a8ef4c.jpg (1959x2500, 439K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=sapphiretech368 site:reddit.com/r/headphones
reddit.com/user/supremeneutrality/comments/
reddit.com/user/primalneutrality/comments/
pastebin.com/dybEUJ1Y
pastebin.com/dmyGBAjZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>30 posts before bump limit of old thread
Please do not create spam threads. You bumped a perfectly good thread off of Jow Forums for this spam thread.

op still butt blasted that mods sided with foot fags

Attached: IMG_20180402_194117333.jpg (2340x4160, 2.25M)

>mods sided with foot fags
what did I miss in the past days because I don't understand this post?

Thanks for the bumps. Here have some headphones and feet.

Attached: 403cd0838cb8bfeda07a07a34189f999.jpg (800x705, 331K)

don't go trying to change the pastebin, you are fighting a losing battle

Attached: feetonomics101.png (654x326, 20K)

Nice headphones.
OP of this thread autistically created a spam /hpg/ thread about 10 minutes after was created, knowingly bumping a perfectly good thread off of Jow Forums with his superfluous /hpg/ thread, all because he didn't like the OP of the last thread. Mods rightfully deleted his thread because it was a spam thread intentionally posted knowing a new /hpg/ was already up. Now he posted this spam thread a full 30 posts before the bump limit of the old thread just to make sure a new thread wasn't created that he didn't like. He's going on an autistic spamposting rampage because a body part triggers him.

>that one footfag who reset his router 35 times
Reminder that the pastebin in this /hpg/ is the official pastebin free of footfag propaganda. To mess with the official pastebin is considered shitposting. It is acceptable to use footfag propaganda in the OP image but it should not be allowed in the pastebin.

Attached: these.jpg (1680x1050, 434K)

your cat is so cute
you don't look sane when you suggest there is only one footfag on /hpg/. it's not helping win people to your side

Attached: 1506471540038.gif (500x603, 950K)

He's not even against the footfags, retard.

He just doesn't want them messing with the pastebin.

>sasuga
Oh, no wonder you are so butthurt. Hi sapphire. Did you forget to take your medication? Still spend the majority of your day posting and ban evading on reddit?

Attached: 1518167504441.jpg (289x340, 24K)

Why Audeze headphones? I don't understand this image.
There was nothing wrong with the Pastebin he is objecting to. It led to a lot of pictures being posted that a lot of people in here liked, then OP saw people having fun with it and his autism self-declared him the arbiter of /hpg/ pastebins and caused him to declare that fun was not allowed. Then the thread he decried got way more posts and unique posters than his, the poll he created went in the opposite direction he expected it and wanted it to and the mods blew him and his spam thread the fuck out. Both /hpg/ and the mods figuratively told his autism to fuck off and yet he's persisting with it.

Literally who? Anyway, the last /hpg/ was created 28 posts before the bump limit as well.

>There was nothing wrong with the Pastebin he is objecting to.
If we allow switching of the pastebin then shitposters will use it, remember the avoid Schiit and Sennheiser pastebin?

This is why the pastebin has to stay as is without any modifications.

/hpg/'s resident gatekeeper and one of the biggest shitposters here

Attached: sapphire.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

Nice knobs.
I don't think anyone cares because that poster wasn't actively attempting to ruin others' fun.

She's the best. Doesn't even chew wires

Attached: IMG_20180401_191939979.jpg (2340x4160, 2.22M)

>Why Audeze headphones? I don't understand this image.
Looks like a parody of Zeos. A Z starter kit.

>non-right-angle adapter
vomit
If there are actual shitposting Pastebins we can deal with it when the time comes, but the Pastebin OP is objecting to is a fun Pastebin which has generated content which /hpg/ enjoyed and had fun with, not a shitposting Pastebin.
Who died and made you the official Pastebin arbiter of /hpg/ anyways?

>Doesn't even chew wires
Good kitty!
Is Holo Zeos's waifu? If so, the man has fine taste.

>fun Pastebin which has generated content which /hpg/ enjoyed and had fun with
prove it

I know, I can tell. mine was so attached to me I had to carry him around like a baby for hours when I came back from trips otherwise he wouldn't stop howling, even if I was only gone for a day or two
post more of your goldenears graphs I'm sure we will enjoy looking at them for the 10000x time

Attached: 1478254468901.gif (500x281, 1.81M)

This whole argument is 100x more obnoxious than the 2-3 feet images posted each thread.

So how many of you fell for the meme?

Attached: DSCN3470.jpg (1920x1440, 1.08M)

just you, buying stuff before its reviewed.

Attached: 1522280776551.gif (487x560, 898K)

>Anonymous of Indonesia
Don't even need to read the post to know it's going to be dumb.

Impressions on those headphones?
all recommendation requests which generated positive responses to the images. I'm sure that many more images that weren't responded too were enjoyed by many here as it's quite obvious to any regular lurker that there are numerous footfriends in /hpg/.
I'm sure that's exactly what OP wants: to be obnoxious and to be acknowledged for it.

no but i fell for the hd600 memes and i really like them

Attached: IMG_0215.jpg (3024x4032, 2.33M)

Does kitty have a favorite pair of headphones?
Are you a Muslim?

>I'm sure that's exactly what OP wants: to be obnoxious and to be acknowledged for it.
sapphires idea of fun:
>shit on anyone who buys headphones without waiting for a review
>shit on anyone who buys non-neutral headphones
>shit on anything that isn't the hd600
>defends the hd600 to death and shit up entire threads
>constantly spam about how the hd600 is the best headphone ever made
>telling /hpg/ what is and is not acceptable
>goes on reddit and evangelizes the hd600
>uses tor 24/7 because he ban evades all the time
>calls everything niggerbass
>thinks everyone who dislikes him is one person out to get him when in reality everyone is out to get him

Attached: noheadphones.jpg (1170x884, 174K)

In other words the footfags wants to spread its cult using footfag propaganda. Quite different from your original claim which was quoted here:

Do you have a link to his reddit's profile?

Cute headphone stand.
>In other words the footfags wants to spread its cult using footfag propaganda.
Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

I like multiple headphones for different reasons.
the hd600 isn't the best at everything, but good in its own right.

Attached: 1438258898328.gif (400x305, 641K)

It's quite different from the claims you made, I don't see /hpg/ having fun with anything, just footfags and their propaganda.

You can't be propagandized into having a fetish. Just ignore it if you don't like it.

Go see a shrink. Your autism has reached critical crippling levels. I bet you have trouble functioning in the real world.

Then leave it out of the pastebin which is meant to be neutral.

>the hd600 isn't the best at everything, but good in its own right.
Yeah, that's accurate.
>telling the self-appointed /hpg/ arbiter of OP posting policy to ignore that which he does not like
It's like telling Zeos not to be fat.

>meant to be neutral.
so this is what peak hd600 soyboyism is like

duckduckgo.com/?q=sapphiretech368 site:reddit.com/r/headphones
>sapphiretech368 HD600 MASTERRACE HEADPHONES BOW TO IT'S GREATNESS & NEUTRALITY
>sapphiretech368 The DT990 are the peak in melanin enriched headphones.
reddit.com/user/supremeneutrality/comments/
reddit.com/user/primalneutrality/comments/
>The Sennheiser HD600 is well known as the world's most neutral, full size headphone at any price, thus making it the best.

i bought HD600 and i cant get them to sound good even though /hpg/ said they sounded good
any help, how do i get them to sound good?

Reminder that the OP who inserted pastebin.com/dybEUJ1Y into the Pastebin was literally the OP who got rid of the "avoid Sennheiser and Schiit" shitposting Pastebin. I think you may be making some incorrect assumptions.

Are you driving them with a PC's onboard sound device or a phone?

This pastebin is no different from the 'avoid Sennheiser and Schiit' pastebin. It encourages shitposting.

its in a headphone amp which is in my PC

>how do i get them to sound good?
You can't.

>It encourages shitposting.
It encourages posting of images which /hpg/ has been very vocal about enjoying.
I wonder what kind of headphones Maru likes.

What device/soundcard?

>It encourages posting of images which /hpg/ has been very vocal about enjoying.
You very well know that there are antifeetfags as well who will shitpost because of the pastebin, the best solution is to keep the original pastebin.

>It encourages shitposting.
so you don't consider your daily and constant hd600 graph posting to be shitposts?

You're a nut.

They're no L700 that's for sure: their bass and treble are not as refined and well-controlled. Also they have a forward presentation like the L300 which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

>staxcucks think stax is some sort of phenomenon in Japan
>assets worth less than a house in commiefornia

Attached: 5CB41CC8-C166-4596-A1DC-73C8E3CC971C.jpg (562x222, 55K)

Go back to whispering to dacs. Let's see a timestamp of that L300LE you heard.

It is shitposting but what makes you think I'm affiliated with that? My goal is to keep the original and neutral pastebin.

>custom cables
lol
>Christianity encourages family values which have proven beneficial to the development of Western society
You very well know that there are terrorists as well who will commit terrorist acts because of Christianity; the best solution is for everyone to believe in what the terrorists believe in.

*bankrupts your niche weeaboo headphone company*

Attached: The Chad HD600.jpg (1024x683, 297K)

Sounds like you didn't do the seal mod or the pad swap to L700 pads. All new STAX seem to need the seal mod, they sound like shit without.

>It is shitposting but what makes you think I'm affiliated with that?
because you outed yourself by accident as sapphire >My goal is to keep the original and neutral pastebin.
your goal is to shitpost on /hpg/ and gatekeep

Prove that I'm Sapphire. I'll wait.

00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)
amp is O2 headphone amplifier

shouldn't be too hard to prove that you are not, I'll wait.

>no proof that I'm Sapphire
Okay, I simply called out the poster for not mentioning when the last thread was created 28 posts before bump limit when this thread was created 30 posts before bump limit.

>still no pic of setup
hi NHA

>resorts to No Headphone user shitposting
Hmm... I think I'm done here.

you know the drill well, sapphire ;) I think you are done too.

You have an O2 INSIDE your PC?
Anyways, new headphones can often sound "wrong" at first because you are too used to your old headphones. I always recommend people listen to nothing but their new headphones for at least a week before judging them in order to allow their brain to acclimatize to the new sound. If you still don't like them a week later, this simply means that a balanced frequency response isn't your subjective preference. Most audiophiles tend to prefer a balanced frequency response, but that doesn't mean you will. You may prefer an elevated bass response. You may prefer both the bass and treble to be elevated at the expense of the midrange, etc.
There have been studies done with speakers showing that peoples' subjective ratings of the speakers can be largely predicted by how accurate/balanced the speakers measure, so that's why a lot of people recommend balanced sounding audio reproduction equipment. However, not everyone is the same and you may be an outlier.

amp isnt inside my pc, i just posted the output of lspci | grep -i audio since you asked for an audio device
there was another one that was an nvidia hd audio thing but that one is only hdmi which im not using
thanks though, just wondering if i got meme'd

>just wondering if i got meme'd
Yeah the HD600s are terrible headphones with no lows or highs which makes them sound dull and lifeless.

kitty loves all headphones equally as they all have a purpose in someone's life ;)

If my post sounded too negative then perhaps I didn't articulate myself nicely. The L300LE are not bad at all, at least they made the L300 and L500 obsolete. They're just no L700 which are seriously good, something that I've stressed repeatedly in this forum.

I think the biggest problem is price wise the L300LE is competing directly with the LCD-2 Classic which are the better all-rounder headphone. There is also the Campfire Cascade which surprisingly sound really nice.

>They're just no L700 which are seriously good, something that I've stressed repeatedly in this forum.
how about you prove it

OK. You said
>its in a headphone amp which is in my PC
So, yeah.
You didn't get meme'd, you just might not like a balanced sound signature. is memeing you.

HD600s are literally bass anemic and shrill.

Attached: frequency-response-graph.png (900x520, 42K)

>Budget
up to ~$250
>Location
Switzerland
>Source
Phone, Laptop
>Type of headphone
Around-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
As comfy as it can be, will be used a lot. During work while also outside for walks / go to work.
>Sound signature
Dont care
>Past headphones
Sennheiser cx 3.00, too annoyed by cable and in-ear in general.

Thanks for the help

>ooh boy let me post a graph with a Jamalbass target curve to make it look bass-light
>rtings

Attached: hd600frequencyresponse.png (630x489, 30K)

there it is, didn't take long for the goldenears shitpost and calling stuff niggerbass

>Sound signature
>Dont care
>people like this actually exist

>smoothed 1/3 oct

Attached: 1389952841688.jpg (1525x1946, 626K)

Bluetooth?

>Harman target isn't Tyronebass
t.Jer'Qwariouseevuhjayjay

You must really be a newfag if you can't figure out who's behind the Goldenears shitposting.

oh no I was just pointing you out for being sapphire, not arguing with you

I have no concept of what I actually desire from it desu. If it helps I listen to pretty much anything, so something balanced would be probably better.

Preferably

yeah, who is it? let me guess -- you think it's idol trash because you are gen z user and you hate anything post 9/11, especially moe or idols

Okay, listen up newfag, the guy behind this is ComfyGrados, who is known for excessively shilling the HD600. There are many HD600 shills I'm guessing, but the most notorious is CG.

I'm not. Believe it or not there's more than one person on /hpg/ who likes HD600, which is an extremely popular headphone outside of /hpg/.
I sometimes post that HD600 is the best headphone in the world. I am sincere when I say this. It is not shitposting because I am entirely sincere about it.
I am not the only one here who makes posts like this, and I believe the other posts to this effect are also sincere since they are great headphones.
In conclusion, please go back on your meds.

You are indeed done unless you post your setup.

hi NHA #1 and #2 aka sapphire and gen z user. prove me wrong by posting those setups.

Is this your first month here, read up:
pastebin.com/dmyGBAjZ

im a college student pleb
is sennheiser 202 hd good ?
because someone sellin it for 20 usd near my house

I already replied to you, see let's not go down this path again, we have done this for months before.

Wrong again. It's continually amusing to me how people here are so eager to attach names to anonymous posters. What is even the point of playing such a silly guessing game? It just makes you look paranoid. If you want so badly for everyone to be identifiable just leave here and go post on Jow Forumsheadphones instead. Anonymity is kind of the point here on Jow Forums.
>There are many HD600 shills I'm guessing
I'm sure this is correct, as it is a well-loved headphone both in and outside of /hpg/.

Nobody is obligated to prove anything by posting their setups. Every post should be judged by its individual merits. This isn't Jow Forumsheadphones or Head-Fi, there's no profile history, it's an anonymous image board.

Also, I've realized that you're a newfag if you can't figure out who's behind the GoldenEars and 'Niggerposting' because the way he does it is painfully obvious.

>no pics of setup
hilarious. guess we are at this again where you shitpost and we ask for your setup

Hello CG, you're too obvious which makes me wonder if you're being intentional or oblivious to your (shit)posting style :^)

>sapphire gets upset and unhinged as he calls everyone CG again
we've been through this already

Attached: 1502992889491.jpg (338x402, 47K)

>Every post should be judged by its individual merits.
Dilly dilly. /hpg/ seems to continually forget this.