How can people stop Microsoft forcing (automatic) updates on Windows 10?

How can people stop Microsoft forcing (automatic) updates on Windows 10?

I believe that this is a major factor in why people are furious and skeptic about W10.

PS. LTSB isn't a solution to W10's faults. It really isn't in my opinion.

Attached: WindowsUpdate.png (512x505, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winprivacy.de/english-home/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerShell
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This issue is seriously damaging their reputation.

They will only care about that if they lose a significant part of the market share.
I wouldn't hold my breath.
>LTSB isn't a solution to W10's faults.
Use another operating sistem then, do you expect Microsoft to change it just because you don't like it? Even then, you don't seem to not like it enough to even use the version that doesn't do that.

No, it isn't. Yeah, I get that it will annoy a lot of people and maybe a couple of people will switch to Mac or Linux because of that, but this is literally nothing for a company as big as Microsoft.

Enable metered connection, done

It still downloads all "important" updates automatically

By moving over to their competition, macos or linux.

Can't you just disable the Windows Update service?
I had computers more than 60 days uptime with no updates.

Just bend over and spread, as always.

Anyway, seems like even Microsoft got tired of retards not installing security updates and making their security issues even worse than they are normally. Can't blame them for taking such drastic measures.

Don't use Windows fucking 10 dear good you stupid retards holy shit. Buy a Mac or Install Linux instead.

Attached: 1522703228806.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

You can't? Also, non automatic updates don't work with idiot users.

This is probably just what you get. Enjoy.

GPEdit

Attached: Program Manager.png (1993x1339, 209K)

Tits or gtfo

>sistem

If you're too retarded to figure out a 3 minute task, you're exactly the type of technology illiterate that should have no control over whether security updates are installed. Forced updates are the best thing to happen to MS, and anyone that isn't a drooling retard just fixes it easily and doesn't care.

Attached: 1516143955439.jpg (640x720, 74K)

I love me some sistemd on my operating sistems

What an atrocious faggot you are, i am seriously disgusted rn.
>forced updates are the best thing to happen to ms
You deserve to be executed right on the spot for even entertaining this thought. Maybe some people dont want forced updates that cripples their os, and microsoft having to rollback that update because it killed like 70% of their userbase

Please consider suicide, asshole.

What else can we do tho, normal fags would just ignore security updates otherwise.

Fuck the security updates if they crash your system. Id rather have my pc be infested with viruses (even tho its unlikely) than it not being able to work at all.

Most people don't even know what update is.
I beg you to work as a technician or an IT guy.
You will realise what the average level is and you will lose your will to ask stupid questions.

>Security updates
>On Windows 10 of all operating systems
Let's not get carried away.

kek @ image

Services.msc > Windows Update > Disable/Manual
You can do the same through GPEdit.

>Microsoft delivers updates that either break things or contain undesirable features
>normies disable updates to avoid that
>as a result of going without security patches, normies get malware
>Microsoft gets sick of their OS having a reputation for insecurity, and also their inability to drag the ecosystem in the directions they want it to go
>tells the normies "too bad, you're getting updates, like it or not"
>continues delivering broken things and anti-features, because testing things properly is a pain and devs everywhere hate doing it
>but hey, less malware, right?

Microsoft and their users are both full of shit and they deserve each other. If you don't like it and want no part of it, use a real operating system.

Updates per se are not a problem. The problem is, they keep trying to add features that nobody really needs while leaving bugs behind. The system is on a perpetual beta stage. They are now developing a "service" rather than a product so they have to justify it by adding shit every year.

Meanwhile you had every previous version of Windows with its service packs and that was it. After a while, they were far more stable and updates wouldn't break shit. Because there wasn't this need of trying to change the system every couple of months.

Besides, 1803 seems fairly stable and it doesn't have that many new features. I think they are slowing down this process a little and that's a good thing.

Also, using W10 Enterprise and setting telemetry to security level disables all updates except security based ones.

By not using w10. Fucking retard.

why contain it
'scool

"sistem" is system in malay language

I really wish they'd sell win10 enterprise directly.

gpedit.msc

And no, people really don't care. It annoys a lot of people sometimes because the updates still tend to happen during the worst times possible, but not enough to make people switch.

Use this winprivacy.de/english-home/
Go through all the settings since there are many features which will make Windows 10 usable

Attached: W10Privacy-900x593.jpg (900x593, 128K)

Automatic updates are the best thing that MS ever implemented in Windows. The system is intelligent enough to ignore a dumb user's fuckery and keep them secure, whether they like it or not. Windows 10's auto updates mean that I don't have to run MBAM on my brother's computer every time he visits or explain why Chrome isn't updating on my dad's desktop. It makes my job as the family admin easier.

So updates are good for beta cucks? Nice argument, retard.

net stop wuauserv
sc config wuauserv start= disabled
wow that was hard

Where do I type this? I can't find the windows terminal

cmd as admin

>gf sis asks me to format her pc
>reinstall windows
>open menu
>Minecraft
>candy crush
>20 window apps
how can you niggers accept this shit

Am I seriously the only one here who has had no trouble with Windows 10 on my desktop since I installed it?
Seriously, it's only ever crashed to bluescreen twice and both were because of my overclocking (Windows XP sp2 crashed like once every couple of days for me and everyone thought this was normal, fuck 7 crashed more than this too). And the automatic updates have never gotten in the way of gayming or serious work because I'm on Ryzen so I'm not a filthy corelet. Plus it installed virtually every single driver I needed on its own upon installation (only had to update the graphics card but Geforce Experience makes that easy) and disabling virtually most of the spyware and Cortana was as easy as ticking off a few boxes during the install.
Not to mention, you know, it's free.
Sure I wouldn't trust it to do any of the stuff I do on my Linux partition but that's been true about every Windows OS since ME.

What's powershell anyway?

Part 2.
I still have complaints about it, like how shit like my language settings seem to break every time I go a week without turning it off to install an update and of course the ads in the start menu and the constant presence of OneNote and OneDrive and People on my fucking taskbar is supremely fucking annoying but I'm sure I could find a way to get rid of all that if I they annoyed me enough for me to give a fuck.
Don't get me wrong M$ can burn in fucking hell with all of their pajeets but by their standards 10 is quite an alright OS, or at least better than High Sierra or the utter bullshit Ubuntu has turned into

Sure you can use PowerShell for this, but it's not a requirement. cmd will do just fine

No, literally what is powershell and how is it different from cmd?

Isn't this just the same thing as disabling Windows update via services.msc?

the current state of wintards

It's called Enterprise LTSB user.

Well, CMD is a DOS emulator, and Powershell is a DOS emulator that's a lot more comprehensive.

it is

C'mon user.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerShell

>having to use a non-consumer build just to have an acceptable experience

are you guys that lazy to see a linux youtube tutorial and search some commands?

Powershell is an object-oriented scripting environment

Mate, I have a Debian partition. It's called "video games" and if you pretend you don't play them you are either a bold faced liar or so deep up your own ass you might as well be an asstrich.

Also
>needing to watch tutorials just to understand the basics of how to use the OS
This is precisely why normies will never bother and Linux will never have any gayms.

so you are a manchild uh?
got it

Buy using a enterprise key they cost only arrouund 10$ on ebay, also is there even any real reason why you don't want to use the LTSB?

>buying windows
slmgr /skms kms.digiboy.ir
slmgr /ato

An asstrich then. Got it. Enjoy your 2% market share, your craptastic driver implementations and your complete lack of user friendly software that can run without a compatibility layer. I'll be here enjoying the best of both worlds and playing my gaems. Now go ahead. Boot up a VM and virtualize the shit I can do natively just by switching partitions. You know you have to.

>Actually BUYING a windows key
>when kmspico is fucking free
Now this I won't even try to defend.

Stop using Windows. It's been dead for years.

1803 update will use less power on laptops?

By installing gentoo.

buying the key is effectively an insurance policy as you don't have anything else running on your system purely for activation escape
microshit doesn't get the money anyways

not that it really matters to you, i guarantee you spend most of your time torrenting from public trackers lmao

see

>using a closed source piece of 100% LEGIT ANTI-BOTNET, TRUST ME, PLEASE DONATE MONEY trashware
>trusting it to do its job
>thinking it's not just placebo to lull you into a false feeling of security
>not realizing WIndows 10 updates will just revert all the settings you can't normally switch off from the settings screen
>not just formatting and installing Windows 7 if you're so paranoid about Microsoft knowing your PC's uptime

MS and intel way of saving battery power is to throttle the fuck out of the processor to the point of making the machine unusable, even when plugged in.

it's a fucking travesty

block it with your firewall

>Buy a Mac

gtfo

disconnect from the internet

it's like cmd on steroids. it does everything cmd does and more, with slight variation in commands. the only reason microsoft keeps it in their operating systems still is because people don't like change.

by upgrading to windows 7

Powershell is slow as fuck, even on a high end system it takes 5 second to open.

I think what would solve this is if the computers didn't need to restart every time they updated. Auto updates are great if they didn't fuck you over.

Sure you can. Mines been disabled since day 1, not a single update. Maybe they broke that method with an update... but I'm still comfortably at a fresh install.

Automatic updates are great. They never install without really telling you and giving you a chance to delay them. They never break anything unless you're using a shitty OEM customized installation full of bloatware. They fix bugs and patch security issues.

Windows 10 sucks because of Telemetry, not because of automatic updates.

>browsing the internet with outdated Windows on fucking purpose

you're retarded

Group Policies.
Just fucking Google it or something, ffs! Why are all of you there so stupid? Pathetic attention whores.

1 second here.

5 seconds here, sometimes even more, on a SSD and a 6950x.

perhaps stop fucking up your system because you're stubborn and autistic desu

Clean install.

>SSD and a 6950x
>(((HIGH END)))
kys dumb namefag

Well then, what should I run it on to start fast?

>thinking botnet updates will protect you better than responsible browsing.

Okay.

On your grave.
I said kys.

:(

I'm just hoping it'll get more people to explore the unix-like operating systems. Preferably the free ones. It is a bit sad, even to a non-user of Windows like me. Some may switch, but there will be old people who will just live with the pains, and there will be ATMs and such running it for years to come just as there are still embedded things running XP. I can afford to update daily and change my OS whenever I want on my personal computers, but this is a bigger issue if you consider infrastructure around the world.

By not using Windows?

Ah

Ignorance

So you can prioritize security updates and avoid a lot of annoying ones on Education edition right? Heard it's pretty much Enterprise?

>using kmspico

>another episode of "tech illiterate complains about his technology but then throws a toddler fit when he discovers he doesn't deserve freedom"

Attached: download (5).jpg (284x177, 7K)

Disable the Windows Update service

They are losing about 0.6% marketshare every year on the desktop. If this is going on Windows will be down to 50% in 2035, and from there on the downfall will only accelerate.
Its even more drastic if you look at the numbers of users based on geographical distribution, in a few years Windows will be third world countries only.

So i am like the only one who sets the update on it's course. Then go to the kitchen make a sandwich (still no affordable android woman), also tea. And comes back to an updated windows 10 in which nothing is broken and everything still works?
Kinda feel like a special person.

Attached: 71b.jpg (499x442, 96K)

Since the updates reset the settings, just apply the same settings from that program. Voila, problem solved. It looks to be a solid program.

Yes. I have windows updates completely fail and require a fresh install.
All because some pajeet forced update and the system stuck it self in a system recovery boot loop

Windows 10 decrapifier

I haven't turned on my desktop nor had the ethernet cable plugged in since November. What colossal shit am I in for when I get back to it?

through services 100% doesn't work, at least for some updates. The service WILL start regardless of the settings.

ok

come up with an actual fucking reason to install windows 10
there isn't a single fucking one
not one

even for muh gayms windows 8.1 apparently supports muh vr, and microsoft made games are shit
muh viruses has never been a fucking argument either, you aren't supposed to be getting them in the first place

Never had this problem, been on fresh w10 for a couple years.

Maybe they did that after a certain version... or maybe the Home version didn't allow that... I'm on pro, which might matter

That's not how statistics work, I hope you're joking.

Also, that is mostly due to normal fags switching to mobile, which has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

it affects pro. You can set the startup type to disabled and stop the service, it will still come up when microsoft decides an update is critical.