Why do you hate it?

Why do you hate it?

Attached: serveimage.png (1354x1208, 67K)

Proprietary

those who make millions by exploiting FOSS are worse than scum

Losing millions. Docker is bleeding money right now.

how? docker is one of the most hyped software right now

I like it with, especially combined with k8s.

Jow Forums is full of children and people who can't figure out how a vlan works in HSG. Fuck their opinion.

docker kills db performance if used as a service, either you use something like RDS and pay extra shekels or use it in host which is pain in the ass

And Twitter was the most hyped messaging platform for years, nad has yet to turn a profit.

Even at the scale of allmighty Alphabet; youtube is not profitable.

>millions getting invested as r&d for linux
>worse than scum
wow, aren't you are smart guy

both are profitable in the same way as software has a value.

you know why it does that because you can't containerize a db, it all comes down to the dbms which has to be separate instance. if you would have went to college or just got basic IT knowledge you'd know that some applications are not portable to platforms like docker because they follow a different design concept.

people hate it because it changes a lot of what they "used to know" about IT, to "i don't know jack shit, how do you apt-get install weechat". de/g/enerates are just mad that docker requires you to actually do something instead of reinstalling an OS every day

>people hate it because it changes a lot of what they "used to know"
exactly this
especially on Jow Forums where any sort of change is "literally evil" and people are still jerking themselves off to hardware from decades ago

>if you would have went to college or just got basic IT knowledge you'd know that some applications are not portable to platforms like docker because they follow a different design concept

either you clarify your argument or you are a retard

and I forgot to tell you retard that I have MSc in EE

look kid, it's great that you got you got a degree but i think even in community college you'd get to learn how databases work.

maybe you should give it back

again, clarify your argument you fucking nigger

what is there more to clarify? you have 2 terms "docker" and "database", actually 3 with "dbms", you can type that in google and find out the shit yourself. i'm not your professor or mommy to do that shit for you

like I expected, you're just a retard who has nothing to say

and you are a kid that has to have everything chewed and shoved down their throat, because you are incapable and lazy.

what does the dbms even mean in this context you fucking retard? I thought you nigger was going to say something about the performance of docker volumes but you're too retarded to even know about that

not him but database management system

another retard, do I asked what dbms stand for? I said it was meaningless in the context I was talking about, I asked the first retard to clarify his argument but he instead accused me of being not educated while it is exactly the opposite

docker volumes are in noway related to the issues that your typical mariadb or oracle instance have nor are those volumes even a theoretical solution to the problems

compare your average shitty rich internet java application to a database and tell me what data they server and how they serve it.

I mean, if you don't know what dbms means you probably don't deserve that MSc.

Dirty chinese student in Australian uni by any chance?

and while you are at it:
list how data should be served on a full OS and on a docker container, both for your java application and your database

>asking what dbms means
>clarifying that the other user is probably referencing the term database management system
>how dare you tell me what he probably meant you retard
You're a real bitter person, aren't you?

Is there actually any proof of this? What exactly makes running some software that manages some dm on docker or on some other mechanism slower? Can't imagine docker volumes are particularly performance destroying.

Where are the benchmarks?

retards, I didn't ask what dbms means, I meant that it's meaningless in the context you retards

It's ok user. You can tell us what made you this bitter and hostile towards outsiders trying to help. Did your classmates bully you?

instead of bitching like a faggot answer my fucking questions and we can see if your community college degree is actually worth anything or on the level of MSCE

I knew that I shouldn't get into tech converstation in Jow Forums because I am mostly talking to 30 yo fat NEETs, but I amde the mistake, I apologize and I am out

answer my fucking questions you scared piece of shit.

you are the typical example of the pseudo elitist fa/g/. thinks he has a degree and can demand answers, busy shitposting instead of googling and educating yourself.

you can have a tech conversation on Jow Forums, just not the way lazy faggots like you want their knowledge served like dinner on a fucking gold plate.

you should really give back your degree

Honestly this. I just read the thread after asking similar question and it's clear they have no defense for their docker fudd.

>I go to Jow Forums call people that disagree with me retards and outsiders are also retards
>I'm the only intelligent person on Jow Forums and I can't take the same criticism/banter I hand out
Just grow up already.

who said anything against docker in the past 15 posts?

inb4 samefag

The last 15 posts were pure dick waving fag shit. I just want to see the numbers on why running stateful applications on docker are somehow "slower"

Stop dick waving you faggots.

because people don't know how to write good software. now you have a "new" platform, like docker, and you have shitty software that you want to run on a platform that it was not developed for.

that is basic docker these days. in theory its nice, in reality, half the people don't fucking know how to properly provision a network for micro services or for that matter know what implications it could have if you run your docker on centos, which runs on, vmware, which then actually runs on hardware.

Someone literally said running a DB in docker is slow which makes no reasonable sense. Nothing you said makes any sense. This thread is garbage; I'm out.

I actually think it’s good software, but merely overhyped. You probably realize that it’s just a VM with a VLAN connection. Makes it useful but not particularly inventive. Though as far as I’m concerned, that doesn’t matter because the Windows version that supports Hyper-V is somehow incompatible with running scripts made for the VirtualBox version, which is practically unforgivable. Otherwise, it’s fine for my purposes. Nothing new, but nothing evil, and they DO let you use the base versions for free.

>Someone literally said running a DB in docker is slow which makes no reasonable sense
you still haven't answered my question and you said it twice now that you are out, you dumb ass motherfucker.

>Someone literally said running a DB in docker is slow which makes no reasonable sense.
ok listen faggot, you are even to dense to comprehend the very basics of language so i'm here's the post in tl;dr with sub title for the mentally "fortunate" like you:

let's start of with something easy.
>because people don't know how to write good software.
is a db a software? yes, yes it is
>you want to run on a platform that it was not developed for
wait, there is software that is written for a specific platforms?

what could he mean by this?

Docker's not a VM though.

>release work for free
>mad when people use it
I seriously don't know what freetards expect.
If you wanted to make money off of it then you shouldn't have released it for free, you can't be mad at other people for following the license you either put in place yourself or agreed to.

I hate you people so much
>everything should be free to use by anyone, proprietary restrictions are bad!
>ugh I wish we had more "100% genuine freedom"-restrictions to keep X,Y, and Z from using MY code in ways that personally frustrate me. Only with more restrictions can it ever be truly free, unlike proprietary copyrighted content which ostracizes individuals with arbitrary rules!

no, but I use my own systemd-nspawn containers rather than some bloated ass shit

I hate it because it's yet another hypervisor that's incompatible with other hypervisors.
>what if instead of learning 1 you could learn 1 for each OS
Why though. Everyone should just use Solaris Zone semantics.

>Everyone should just use Solaris Zone semantics.
well if that were the case SUN wouldn't be dead and Solaris would be industry standard.

also hypervisors aren't exactly meant to be compatible to another

It's helping to keep technology which should have died out a decade ago, alive.

If you're using docker for something, then you probably shouldn't be running windows.

how exactly?