Is a 1440p monitor really needed for gayming? Does it look noticeably nicer?

Is a 1440p monitor really needed for gayming? Does it look noticeably nicer?

I found a Dell S2716DG 27" 1440p 144hrz TN panel GSYNC for $445. I have the money, and it looks exactly like my Dell 27" IPS 1080p I use for videos and movies and my consoles. But I can buy another 1080p monitor for $130.

I have a 1080ti but dont know if the 1440p upgrade and gsync make its worth the money that I can use to buy other crap I dont need but want

Attached: 1400720394628.jpg (446x362, 23K)

Yes OP 1440p is night and day. You will notice, especially on a 27 inch.

Even if its a TN panel? No nice IPS gsync monitors without horrid lag?

>TN
The colors will look a little off, and when you're not sitting directly in front of it it'll look shit.

GSYNC or FreeSync is good, but GSYNC is more expensive.

Already have a 1080ti so its either gsync or nothing for me

Im looking for a similar monitor but IPS instead.Know any?

see if you can find a nvidia version of this monitor "ASUS MG278Q WQHD" I'm using this with a Vega 56

Yes, with high resolution those nice Crysis 12 models will tesselate into roughly 38640263499367329 additional polygons, and you will be able to notice even the tiniest details like gameplay rails.

Im about to find out OP, I bought the 23 inch version of that monitor for 329 off newegg last week and it arrives tomorrow.

I currently use a 29 inch 2560x1080 ultrawide at 75 hz. All I really wanted was that same resolution and size but with g sync and a higher refresh rate. Unfortunately all the ultrawides with g sync are 35 inches besides one acer model, and it might as well have been 35 inches because it cost the same as any of the larger models. So I wound up settling with the dell tn 144hz 2560x1440 monitor. Im not that concerned with the colors on the TN panel as ill be keeping the IPS ultrawide im using now so I can watch movies and stuff on that.

I copped a used mg279q, which is IPS for AU$500, and the difference between it and my old 1080p@60fps acer TN monitor is night and day. When I loaded up doom I legit couldn't believe my eyes, shit was so smooth, so detailed and the colors were so good.
Now your experience might be different, since my old monitor had shit contrast, shit viewing angles, shit colors, was only 60hz and 1080p, so I got an upgrade in every single department, but I'd say the higher refresh rate and resolution is definitely worth it. If I had to choose between going back to 60hz and 1080p or going back to TN I'd choose the latter. But even so, you should look around to see if you find any 1440p 144hz IPS monitors for maybe a $100 more, I know newer TN panels are supposed to be really good, but in my experience IPS has immensely better colors

>copped
are you black?

I have that exact monitor with a 1080Ti. If you aren't gaming at either 144hz 1440p or 4k then your graphics card is pretty much going to waste.

For a TN panel it looks excellent, and is only very slightly worse than a good IPS panel (which my second monitor happens to be). Combined with a very fast response time and gsync it's pretty damn good for gaming.

i downgraded from a 1440p to a 1080p 144hz. I can't see anything on a 1440p desu

>tn
>2018

Show me an IPS with 1ms at 144hz+ that isnt thousands of dollars

Thats what I thought faggot

XB271HU or PG279Q?

>4ms

kek

Get a va panel no light bleeds

>Thinking ms is important
>Thinking that even if it was the difference between 1 and 4 ms is noticeable

Go back to /v/, user.

Getting a 1440p TN doesn't make sense. With the dull colors, I don't think the resolution bump will be worth it.

This. IPS panels are notorious for horrendous quality flaws, especially backlight glow. And while they may have somewhat brighter colors, the blacks on IPS are abysmal. VA panels are the sweet spot between IPS and TN and get the best of both worlds.

Nothing ruins a good movie or game like all the blacks being asphalt gray.

Which VA monitor is good? All I see is IPS or TN

Well if you absolutely need 144hz+, 1440p, G- or Freesync then the crème de la crème are either an

"LG LG 32GK850" for 800$ (G-Sync) or "Samsung C32HG70" at 650$. (Free-Sync)

Obviously if you're willing to compromise on other features there are cheaper options.