Useful technology during SHTF

I'm more or less a pessimist when it comes to the advancements of humanity and our fate as a species. So I typically prep when I have a sufficient amount of disposable income. So what types of technology should I invest into for SHTF ?

>Muh nuclear bomb fags go sodomise yourselves with a broom staff

>Nihilists, why even bother commenting you emo sudo intellectual pricks

Attached: T51 armor .jpg (1920x1080, 1.52M)

Posting my cum dumpster for good luck.

Attached: Cum dumpster.jpg (400x600, 18K)

Stash a battery powered pi in a faraday bag, with info archived on the sd. Might be the only computer you've got after an emp.

well that depends. Are we prepping for a time when society is functional but oppressive - ie a cyberpunk dystopia, or are we headed for the hills? The former is an easier problem since you'll still have electricity available.

Not a bad idea, might as well stash a small monitor and a smartphone while I'm at it.

More or less just a complete breakdown of civilisation/society with anarchy running rampant.

That's gotta be a pretty fuckin thick metal box

How about you stock up on bean cabs and bottled water you dork, tech will be your last priority if SHTF for real

yeah he'll want a lead-lined case, not just a faraday cage, I'd reckon.

Of course if you're gonna archive some important stuff on flash you have to keep in mind that you can't just leave it indefinitely without power like you can with a hard drive, especially in warm conditions. And you'll need a monitor and keyboard, preferably low power ones. Along with batteries to run them and some means of charging them, almost certainly solar, since a hand crank won't give you enough juice to do much more than power an LED flashlight.

Good stuff, what other suggestions do you have?

installing gentoo

Make a bunker. Just make this your hobby. Look into creating a "natural cycle" for things such as food. Look into hydroponics for farming, and maybe build a makeshift lab on your free time and experiment with maxing out plant growth efficiency. Stash tons of books, music, instruments with instructions on how to play them, non magnetic storage mediums that have movies and music, an older computer in a metal box, older because components are larger and less sensitive to sudden changes in current and voltage, etc. Look into electricity generation. You could splurge and build something in ice land and have geothermal power, or you can look into other solutions. Power generation isn't really "sensitive", the things you can do to alternate a magnetic field is limitless. Figure out how to get air. Try to make the filtration system super robust and rugged. Try to make some things analog. Maybe instead of an electrical refrigerator you could exploit the fact that you're under ground. In the end I think it'll all be for nothing, but hey it's fun if you have the money.

tools. mostly non-power tools but I'd be getting myself an air compressor for sure

mount the air tank in my truck and run the compressor off the truck alternator. probably not a bad idea to have a portable generator too

I was thinking more along the lines of radio systems and general car maintenance.

Oh and I forgot to mention, don't forget mushrooms exist

God damn that is some good advice. Thanks for your input buddy.

The only prep technology I have is solar panels, universal battery charger, flashlight, androshit phone for literature and a HAM radio.

Alright? I'll keep mushroom in mind when formulating my plan.

you're assuming the easy availability of gasoline.

Another thing you might look into is peltiers. People think of them as something that uses electrical power to create a temperature gradient (and before CPUs got too powerful that was a common way of doing sub-ambient cooling) but they work just as well in reverse - you can use a temperature gradient to create electrical power. The advantage here is that that temperature gradient can come from anywhere - dark surface in the sun, fire, whatever. The bad side is that they aren't very efficient, and you can't let the hot side get too hot, or they die. But you'd probably be able to use a few of them to get enough power from your campfire to run a radio or the like.

soldering iron

This is a Jow Forums question

It's technology related dumbass.

Attached: Cum rag .jpg (650x1085, 120K)