Best ROMs for Privacy

What are some good roms for privacy conscious users?

- Jolla Sailfish

- Copperhead OS

What else?

Attached: DH-gEKKXgAA_Ixu.jpg large.jpg (1200x1064, 335K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guardianproject.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guardian Project

guardianproject.info/

I miss process guard. I miss the good old days of the internet. Just my hosts file and my PG and Youtube that fucking functioned and google was just a search engine (that still worked).

If you want privacy, a smartphone isn't for you. Actually, a cellphone isn't for you either.

Is it possible to live without a cellphone in [CURRENT YEAR]?

The Guardian Project doesn't make a ROM, they make apps.

The secure ROM is a myth, you just have some that are more secure than the average ROM. Also any custom ROM is instantly way more secure than stock, especially if you leave off gapps

Yes and I hate the argument that it isn't so god damn much. Every business has a landline, and 95% WILL let you use it. Buy a landline, they're cheap as hell. Landlines are the future. Invest in landlines.

>Invest in landlines.
You seem like a guy who knows what he's talking about

It is possible to get rid of Gapps with alternatives.

Email: several available, I like typemail
Youtube: Newpipe
Maps: OsmAnd
Calendar and contacts: Davdroid
Authenticator: AndOTP
Playstore: Fdroid, Yalp
Google Play services: MicroG

LineageOS with F-Droid instead of GApps.

>What is a tablet?
>What is disabling cellular service and location service?
There are devices other than cell phones that use ROMs and ways to make a cellphone WiFi only (though it's kinda like having a landline in your pocket at that point since you can only check your voicemails and missed messages at wireless access points and kinda defeats the purpose of a cell phone)

Heh yep, if you REALLY want the private life.
Get an old dumbphone with removeable battery.
If you expect you will need to take a call (like for work), take it with you, the position can only be triangulated if someone calls you iirc.
Use the landline at home, a dying breed, but leaks far less about you than a smartphone.
Use a chinese phone like Huwei if you must use a smartphone, that can have a custom GAppless rom, Lineage or copperhead.
Why? Well chink companies don't exactly submit to backdoors like most companies it seems, as five eyes countries want to ban them for "security risks"
If the chinks are spying on you through a backdoor, that data won't be passed onto any feds, they don't have agreements to help spy on people together.
Much better than a western company that has to bow down to your five eyes every whim

Copperhead is the only secure(ish) alternative for Android. Pricey, but worth it to support these guys.

>Use a chinese phone like Huwei

You really are delusional arent you. They are worse than any american company. They send everything to the motherland servers.

>it is possible to get rid of Gapps
Untrue. It IS possible to source and use alternatives but they'll return after an update.

Attached: 6c95403.jpg (750x1334, 100K)

I installed copperhead on a used pixel to see how it looked and i really dig it.

I'm waiting for August to purchase my pixel 2 directly from them.

Did you forget to root and flash lol?

I really want to buy a Pixel 2, but the price is ridiculous and there's no fucking headphone jack.

Is there a poor man's privacy option? or is it just root+flash w/o gapps

Attached: 1498542469757.jpg (1190x595, 94K)

>copperhead
>outdate grsec patches
No, thanks.

You can get a used one and built each release/patch from source yourself and flash it manually.

And that isn't being sent to a five eyes country, they can't affect you at all

I'm not smart enough to compile my own rom. I'm not from a tech background, I work in advertising.

It's not that complicated, but it does get annoying over time.
Getting OTA updates is just way more convenient.

Why should i care if china sees my data? They don't have any power over me, unlike the us gov

So it seems the consensus is CopperheadOS is the only way out

That's why I said leave off gapps. I only use the alternatives ;)