Real talk here: stop using Firefox forks. Please

Quantum fixes just about every major issue the old FF had, yet normies still use Chrome. A big part of that is the FUD spread with the forks and their users. There is literally no valid reason for Waterfox to exist, Pale Moon is completely obsolete, and Basilisk is a meme.

(Exception: mad respect for SeaMonkey users. You guys keep the Netscape dream alive.)

Attached: 1024px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1024x1024, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What an amazing thread, thank you so much for this. Wow.

>mad respect

You're either a 16 year old, a numale or a nigger

Fuck off, retard

Just switched to Brave, so much better than Kikefox

Real talk here:
OP, stop being a faggot
install gentoo
Please.

ive told you once before, your company already has a blog where you can write this kind of shitposting, and if you cant demand publish access for it under the transgender premise

Mozilla shill fuming firefox is still losing marketshare

Have you even tried firefox quantum? It's a disgutsting pile of trash. Chrome actually works so that's that.

I use Quantum full-time. Couldn't stand classic FF, couldn't stand Australis, tried 57 when it came out and switched almost immediately.

brave is a shitty startup meme

>Pale Moon is completely obsolete
[citation needed]

It's based on ancient Firefox code, and given the lack of an organization like Mozilla behind it it's literally impossible for all the various security holes to have been found let alone patched.

go back to raging over rainbow six, wings.

[citation needed]

I'll stick with 52 ESR until WebExt can properly replace my extensions.

What extensions are you using?

>t. unable to link a security bug report still not fixed on esr52
sjwzilla shill fags are even worse than applel shillfags. what a waste of oxygen, i feel sorry for the parents

Cliqz
Riseup
Looking Glass

Never forgive.
Never forget.

I can respect that, but you should be aware that that version will be completely unsupported as of August. You really should switch at that point regardless of extension status.

>Quantum fixes just about every major issue the old FF had
~0 MHT support because of WebExt limitations. I have a shitload of MHT pages.
no good session manager like SessionManager

It's your fault for fucking up the extension system. XUL should have never been taken out.

>Mozilla will force users to install Chrome after August
what did he mean by this?

>Pale Moon 27.0, released in November 2016, was a major re-fork of the core browser code to Firefox 38 ESR [27.8.3 is the current version]
>Developer(s): M.C. Straver

Still not prove anything.

ecosystem

All of the objective facts in that post were proven. The only point left is that a one-man team can't properly hunt down bugs in such a massive project, which is inherently subjective.

Only proven that it's based on old firefox code.

Chrome? You mean the software that scan all your files for security reasons?

OK, so you mean this?
>The driving force behind Moonchild Productions is a single person, Mr. M.C. Straver, also going by the artist name Moonchild.

Or do you want me to prove that Mozilla is not a single person?

Waterfox is Firefox without the botnet.

>scan all your files for security reasons
far nobler than silently installing extensions that modify all your webpages content for fun purposes
and i dont even use chrome, just let that sink in

This. And silently installing extensions that send all your data over to some company without user consent.
And donating to Anarcho-communist fuckers.

Mouse gestures plugins on quantum are broken. There's your reason. Now fuck off. Cunt.

>SeaMonkey
yeah boi

WebExtension are still a horribly fucking incomplete API.
- no session management/backup
- no working DTA substitute yet
- tree-style tabs actually better in some way but fucked in new other ones

Please tell me this is a bait or that it's not Firefox you're talking about. If that's the case I didn't knew about this holy shit privacy my ass

>Mozilla is not a single person
They might not a single person but single hive mind.

see each of those 3 terms was a thing in firefox (two still are), any online search engine will provide better insight

better yet, stop using FF altogether. If you want your daily dose of G botnet, go right to the source and install chrome

Not one of these is even worth the time spent thinking about them, let alone discussing them.

Mozilla did some silly things. Then they stopped.

>maximum damage control
fucking lmao
>they stopped
nope, experiments (read extension pushing) are still on by default and they are using that
also
>they
i think you meant (you)

>use SJWfox
>DON'T USE FORKS PLEASE

Fuck you, Waterfox is better on every point.

have fun with no extension support

You can disable all privacy-violating features on Firefox. (Unless you choose to use Nightly.)

This is not true for Chrome.

The silent extension install was part of a promotional deal with, get this, Mr. Robot.
The extension would randomly change words in articles with words and phrases that relate to the show. And apparently there was an ARG involved.

The Cliqz thing was not very widespread, only 1% of installs in Germany, but the fact that it was done AT ALL is concerning, as it could have very easily spread and become a common thing on firefox installs had mozilla not been caught doing it. The company they partnered with for this also happens to run what was described as the german equivalent of Download.com, aka a site that bundles adware and malware with whatever you meant to download.

The RiseUp situation goes something like this: Mozilla has an event they run I think once a year, where they give big donations to Free Software projects. Last year, one of those projects was RiseUp. People looked into it, and found out that they are an invite-only Email service that is obviously and explicitly Anarcho-communist.

love how you have to add the second part

stop with the nitpicking, mozilla is google front now.

>it was in the fine print
yeah, I will totally trust a browser on dark patterns which uses them itself. It is not consent when you are not informed, ask Facebook if you don't believe me

>d-don't use forks please they drive marketshare down for the sjwzilla h-here are some meme reasons why
also
>killing extensions, the one thing your browser has over being a chrome rip-off
good job

Install me!

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

>privacy vs no privacy
>nitpicking
Whatever you say, Google shill.

Odds are it's all three.

>IceCuck
No

Maybe you should have told your bosses not to gimp the add on system faggot. Now you'll be out of a job soon. I'll stick with waterfox thanks. I'm sure is shit not giving up my tab groups. If I ever had to I'd just switch to fucking chromium for three reasons. One just to fuck you guys over. Two because it has a better UI than that quantum trash and three it's still faster and more stable. The add ons were the only trick you cunts had and you fucked it up.

lol, google shills actually campaign for mozilla

good luck with the antitrust laws or pushing cba without FF sucking up to its master

>what is Edge
>what is Safari
>what is fucking Chromium
Google doesn't need Firefox whatsoever.

>The RiseUp situation goes something like this: Mozilla has an event they run I think once a year, where they give big donations to Free Software projects. Last year, one of those projects was RiseUp. People looked into it, and found out that they are an invite-only Email service that is obviously and explicitly Anarcho-communist.
So how is this some terrible thing Mozilla did?

(And anarcho-communism != SJWs, despite the common meme. SJWs are crony capitalist, if anything...)

You can turn off the botnet in quantum. Not that it's actually botnet but that's the only term you know soy

chromium is also google, no one uses Edge and Safari is only relevant on Apple platforms

they probably don't *need* FF, but it is very healthy to push their agenda, especially with ads. Framing the acceptable ads discussion lol

member when you could turn off the botnet in windows?

actually 'autoupdates' is pretty much an euphemism for botnet

Nice reddit spacing

>fuck up the most based browser
>shill on Jow Forums for people to stop using forks
lel

Chromium is fully FLOSS though. It's hard to make a monopoly argument given its existence.

I have no idea what you're talking about re:ads.

>So how is this some terrible thing Mozilla did?
If you have to ask that question, get in the fucking helicopter

Good thread. Forks existing is OK, but the reasons people give for switching away from Firefox proper (which has the most resources poured into it) to forks are 99% of the time shit reasons.

Stick with the one company that has the developers, expertise and way less conflict of interest than Google.

The point is that it's still a botnet. Why do you think Ungoogled-chromium needed to exist?

I have you crash constantly It's fucking annoying.

Not vetting one of the numerous projects they support properly is an extremely common mistake

It doesn't mean they're anarcho-communists...

>(And anarcho-communism != SJWs, despite the common meme. SJWs are crony capitalist, if anything...)
They're both sjw and defending people as stupid as anarcho-commies is a dumb thing to do.

werks fine here

Attached: works-on-my-machine-starburst_2.png (497x480, 236K)

>They're both sjw
No, they're not. SJWs are inherently anti-equality, and want perks for certain groups.
>defending people as stupid as anarcho-commies is a dumb thing to do
Sure, but unlike SJWs they pose no threat whatsoever. The use of the word "communism" makes them a non-entity right out of the gate.

I have little doubt it's how fedora has their version packaged. That doesn't change reality though.

>No, they're not. SJWs are inherently anti-equality, and want perks for certain groups.
Wow also exactly how communism always ends up. And Antifa is clearly anarcho-commies and are clearly sjws. You're just in denial if you don't get that both groups are cancer and both groups are full of trannies ex progessives and sjws.

I'm on Void

suckless tools ---> install surf

Firefox quantum is the first version of firefox that has ever given me problems. It just doesn't work.

>Sure, but unlike SJWs they pose no threat whatsoever

Attached: molotov.jpg (960x640, 97K)

Upgraded firefox. Now it can't into .dev links (much like chrome). Ty google for improving our (((free))) browser.

>Sure, but unlike SJWs they pose no threat whatsoever. The use of the word "communism" makes them a non-entity right out of the gate.
You realize that antifa firebombs buildings right, including police stations.

It eats RAM!!

why would it be hard? first, it shares the codebase with chrome, it is developed by google engineers and google has power over it. Don't be fooled by a sticker. Have you looked at the requirements just for building Chromium? Pretty infeasible, not for the masses is an understatement.

check the FF roadmap
wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap

>Filter certain types of ads by default: Firefox will offer users a simple ad filtering option. We're in the early stages still, researching types of advertisements that should be blocked by default. (Q3)

seeing mozilla is funded by Google it is pretty ez to connect the dots, don't you think? At least they don't call it adblocking as Chrome does, which is outright a lie. The whole Coalition for Better Ads is simply forcing Google standards for ads, it is not pro user, it is pro Google. Mozilla could have integrated ublock for years if they cared, with all the telemetry they know exactly well how popular that add on is. But we have pocket instead.

Ever since the firefox to quantum move and the plugins being exclusively webextensions, I've moved back to chrome. My desktop still uses old firefox but as soon as the web starts being incompatible with it I'm moving over too.
There's just zero benefit to firefox after that removal. It's always been slower than chrome, and most websites online pander to chrome much more than they do firefox. Config flags are a hot mess, none of them documented within the program itself.
Without xul, and thus classic theme restorer, firefox looks like garbage. Quantum looks marginally better, but it's not perfect (icons look like shit compared to chrome), and I don't have the freedom to customize it to be as perfect as I want it to be. Noscript is gone too, and umatrix is too complicated for me to bother setting it all up for every single website I visit.

Again, the major advantage is that Firefox doesn't have mandatory spying built-in. IME Chrome is also significantly slower and uglier than Quantum, and it's really only Google sites that prefer it.

>t.samefag shill
We're not going to use your gimped piece of shit. Might as well just use chromium.

I don't get your problem with that feature, nor with ads in general.

(Though if it were up to me ad-blockers would be illegal under the DMCA, as they facilitate copyright violations far more than DVD rippers)

>Though if it were up to me ad-blockers would be illegal under the DMCA, as they facilitate copyright violations far more than DVD rippers

Attached: 1498391860636.jpg (814x500, 81K)

>>(Though if it were up to me ad-blockers would be illegal under the DMCA, as they facilitate copyright violations far more than DVD rippers)
>I want to sue the entire internet.

Because of the way the internet works users have to specifically request everything. "Adblockers" do not block ads they tell the web browser to request them in first place. The idea of making them illegal is impossibly stupid.

No it isn't the major advantage. You can just use qupzilla or otter browser or Konqueor or even brave if you want privacy away from Google. The only thing it had was the add ons. Quantum doesn't perform is well is chromium in the real world and websites are designed around it. In fact qupzilla and the rest perform better just because they're webkit/blink based and similar to chrome.

How is it remotely more stupid than DVD rippers being illegal? At least in that case you presumably paid for the content...

There are a ton of web games that run better on chrome and not firefox. Fuck, even mozilla's own little html5 rpg game ran better on chrome, a difference of around 20fps to 60. It runs noticeably better on my crappy core m3 laptop too, and I still use it over firefox even if I can't open more than 5 tabs without it crashing, and I'm a heavy tab user.
I'm using google as a search engine anyway considering how shit duckduckgo is at accuracy and predictions, so why not go straight to the source. Firefox has telemetry hidden deep within confusing as fuck config flags anyway. Assuming people learn about new telemetry flags amongst the hundreds that exist (some don't even show up unless the flag is changed), are you going to be looking up all the flags to modify for your firefox installation every single update? For every single computer you own?
Chrome being uglier is a personal preference, the same could be said about quantum. I loved how my old firefox looks, which is why I still use it on one of my desktops.
For a real problem that I have with chrome, is the lengths in which google goes to prevent unauthorized extensions from being installed. But most of them work as userscripts already anyway, considering how limited webexts already is.

Thanks firefox.

Attached: 1494257455328.jpg (248x107, 15K)

>Windows 7
You deserve it.

It doesn't make any sense. How do you make not requesting certain content illegal? Is every person on the internet a criminal by default because they didn't visit every site that exists?

I need my video games bro.

>hurr muh RAM
Why do you buy RAM at all if you don't want to see it being used?

this. im thinking of switching back to firefox

Do you have any idea how the DMCA works? It doesn't generally go after people who perform the action, it goes after those who distribute the tools to do so.

Sites hosting ad-blocker tools (whether standalone or extensions) would be forced to take them down, and stop developing them. That's it.

So we just make firewalls illegal and throw out security in the name of keeping the copyright lobby happy.

>muh unused RAM is wasted RAM
here, i just boosted your performance:
malloc(90000000000L)

We should just make it so web browsers have to auto download everything the website owner tells you to. Because the website owner can never have bad intentions. Don't worry about any suspicious looking executables that are silently downloaded along the way.

Lots of extensions have made the move. I would look around because if your extensions havent moved they probably wont. There is probably a different ext though that does the same thing.

get tree tabs instead of tree style tabs. I like it better.