Linux
>Hundreds of distros for whatever flavour suits you best
>Open source freeware
>Can do damn near anything
>Highly customizable
>Very lightweight compared to other mainstream operating systems

MS Windows
>Games

Is there literally a single other reason why I shouldn't switch and is there any way to EASILY run Windows-native games and applications on an OS thst doesn't suck massive donkey cocks?

Attached: FB_IMG_15223116394577899.jpg (480x379, 123K)

windows under VM or just use wine

>windows under vm
Might as well dual boot, also kiss your performance goodbye

>or just use wine
I'd be okay with wine if you didn't have to set that whole wrapper bullshit up for every god damn application you install. I want to like it but it's just too much of a mess

>fagOS
>polished

Attached: 1520529393373.webm (964x720, 1.42M)

>he hasnt heard of kvm for hardware virtualisation
and what wrapper shit in wine? i havent used wine in years so i really dont know

>Might as well dual boot, also kiss your performance goodbye
just use pci passthrough to your gpu
>I'd be okay with wine if you didn't have to set that whole wrapper bullshit up for every god damn application you install. I want to like it but it's just too much of a mess
it really doesn't take much effort and there's scripts to automate it for a lot of games

passthrough will let you get near native performance in a VM
u need a separate GPU for your loonix though, because passthrough cages the other one to the VM.

MacOS wasn't that stable for me OP.
In the first week of using it I dealt with many of the same general unix desktop instability issues that I did on linux.

- photo app decides its going to stop working, never to launch again
- safari crashes constantly, often takes other things with it (namely the whole OS)
- idles at near 6gb doing nothing

And, even shares some problems with windows 10. MacOS is just a meme, boys. Don't fall for it.

FUCKING LOL

Are you stupid?
You can use a single wrapper to install as many programs as you want

Check out Lutris if you don't wanna run wine every time

geez that's really bad

Attached: ANGARY.jpg (364x364, 10K)

I completely hate 10.13.X with the new APFS. I might roll back to 10.11.X, where this thing ran like a bullet train and not a train wreck.

Attached: kek.jpg (218x232, 11K)

Wrong.
Linux
>Perfect, but idiots an hurt themselves

Windows
>Works fine, but connected to CIA

Mac OS
>Good dildo, but it is connected to CIA

Attached: Untitled.png (1000x500, 147K)

I want a CIA-free dildo, OwO

Windows
>Support for nearly every single piece of software
>Very common, allowing for easy fixes to bugs
>Simple to use
>Nice aesthetics (especially with older versions)
>Wonderful for productivity

works on my machine(tm)
how does safari take other programs though? wasn't that one of the main reasons of switching to unix, so apps could only crash themselves?

None of these are true

>also kiss your performance goodbye
ever heard of QEMU/KVM with PCI passtrough?

Wangblows is just another crappy gayming console

>Support for nearly every single piece of software
While this may be true for most proprietary mainstream software, it's just the opposite with everything else. Most stuff Unix users would consider super basic is close to impossible to get running on Windows. So it really depends on what you want to run on your machine. I'd say the system with the broadest support for all kinds of software is probably macOS.

>Simple to use
I'd say this is usually the case if you grew up with Windows and all the weird, inconsistent shit became invisible to you at some point. Going back to Windows after a few years really makes you wonder what the fuck is wrong with the people responsible for Windows' UI

>Nice aesthetics (especially with older versions)
I know this is completely subjective, but hell no.

>Wonderful for productivity
Again, depends on what you are doing. When it comes to using monolithic, proprietary software suites, especially for 3d stuff, then absolutely.

install gentoo

macOS
>ANIMATIONS ANIMATIONS ANIMATIONS
>can't press on anything in unfocused windows
>accelerated scrolling
>bad font rendering
>not stable
>very high ram usage
>max 6-key rollover

Daily reminder that this was fixed almost immediately. How long would it take in other systems?

>is there any way to EASILY run Windows-native games and applications on an OS thst doesn't suck massive donkey cocks?
No, it's impossible if you expect the same compatibility, performance and stability across the entire game library it has or on new games.

Linux
>bug found
>2h later patch already in place
Wangblows
>bug found
>...
>11 years later bug fixed

Been considering it, as well as Alpine.

>11 years
Still not as long as it's taken for loonix to NOT get thumbnails in the filepicker.

I mean for a few cents per hour of gameplay you can rent a cloud PC with paperspace for example with a decent GPU and just spin it up when you need it. That's what I do. Then use Parsec which has near zero latency

this is a fucking meme

kde

It's a very true meme
Firefox

Literally the only thing I don't like about my Macbook pro is Apple's "seal and glue everything together LOL" approach to hardware.

Like, why is the battery glued in on this? It makes no sense

>Firefox
And? You can edit GTK shitcode, so it will work with KDialog. It is easy.

How can something online have near zero latency?

>Apple stores passwords in plain text
And people still doubt about their constant backdoor "bugs" that happen so often

Very sorry for the late reply.

Safari has the same level of integration into MacOS(X) that IE does in windows, so you know what to expect.

I will provide an example, to name one or two programs.. FFXIV, due to its poor compatibility with safari, will crash and bring the entire system down with it.

The internals of MacOS are one big bowl of spaghetti, the cracks and quirks will start surfacing sooner or later, unlike a W7 install which will remain perfect for years.

Wine or GPU Passthrough VM with Wangblowz 10, with all Microshit URLs bocked through DNS on your host machine.

>macos
>no coreutils, nothing
>Great for productivity