So uh, repealing net neutrality was gonna ruin the internet forever, why is it all still fine?

So uh, repealing net neutrality was gonna ruin the internet forever, why is it all still fine?

Attached: 1520975190022.jpg (240x232, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techdirt.com/articles/20180221/09440239275/death-net-neutrality-will-be-official-april-cue-lawsuits.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't worry, Google will ruin it before the lack of Net Netrality can.

Because it hasn't happened yet.

Because it isn't actually law until later this month, dipshit. Do you really think something goes into effect the second it's voted on? You must be really stupid.

It hasn't been enacted yet and a bunch of states are suing the fcc.

I honestly kind of hope that isp's get their wet dream with www because it's pretty close to being dead to me anyway.
although I can't seem to stop coming here.

Don't worry SESTA/FOSTA and CLOUD will ruin it first

Net Neutrality never went into law to begin with.

Not to mention it is only a thing that was created within the last decade. The internet was fine before it and will remain fine after it.

>Net Neutrality never went into law to begin with.
Yes, because it was a regulation. Not a law. And it had existed in the USA since the early-mid 2000s.
Dumbass.

why does that pepe have two teeth and look sneaky

It was fine before because it was a novelty that people and society didn't put too much stock into. But now, you can barely apply for a menial labour job without access to the internet. Net neutrality was enacted because it was realized that we were intergrating the internet so deeply into our society that allowing access and control over it to multi-billion dollar global corps wasn't a good idea. No net neutrality in 2004 would mean that maybe a corp would have jacked rates for the subset of people that played MMOs, because at the time, the internet was a toy. But now, Comcast can jack up rates and slow down speeds on, say job posting websites, unless you pay for the Job Posting Bundle, which gives you unlimited access to Monster, LinkedIn, etc.

Give this user a medal.

Because reddit doesnt understand anything

>it had existed since mid 2000s
No it didnt.

Learn the economics of how an ISP works before spouting off 15 year old scare tactic drivel. Title II was enacted to give the government more direct authority over the internet under the guise of "its good see!"
It also stripped the FTC of its power to break up monopolistic ISPs which is really fucking bad. Every time an ISP did something fucky the FTC or FCC shut down their shit plenty fine without title ii

You are also an idiot

>Title II was enacted to give the government more direct authority over the internet under the guise of "its good see!"
How? Be specific, no conspiracy bullshit.
>It also stripped the FTC of its power to break up monopolistic ISPs
Which was obviously unused anyways, since just about the entire country got monopolized. Hence the need for NN.

It did, in a slightly different form. In fact what you yourself are referring to in was the original NN:
>Every time an ISP did something fucky the FTC or FCC shut down their shit plenty fine without title ii
Then the infamous 2014 case took away the FCC's authority to implement old!NN (without Title II), so they had to pass new!NN (with Title II) in 2015. Which is what the current hubbub is about.

Attached: chloememe[1].png (524x310, 160K)

neat

>post yfw is have net neutrality and doesn't need to argue about all that trash

Attached: 1446154351929.png (1195x1151, 156K)

Cause reddit kept circlejerking and screaming about it. Many of my friends go there and I never understood why. They said they love the format, the rules that protect them from mean and disgusting stuff, and le funny memes. I seriously fucking hate that site.

>he doesn't realize the Internet depends on US companies first and foremost
The state of Jow Forums, everyone.

there's a blumpf panic every time an obama law gets repealed, even ones that didn't take effect

But what does the lack of net neutrality in the US change for the other countries?

Because corporations move slowly and methodically

Everything...

like what?

Oh yeah, forgot about this. So when are they shutting down the internet? I heard the FCC would be launching missiles at the satellites in space on April 23rd, is that right?

Most of the services you use depend on NN to exist and/or to remain free of charge for you.

Because it was a big fear-mongering campaign based on misinformation.

To think people were arguing for the government to have control of the Internet... insane.

Keep arguing for govt control of the internet...just sad!

[citation needed]

Just go back to launching missiles at your weaboo fuck pillow

Because it's not effective yet.
techdirt.com/articles/20180221/09440239275/death-net-neutrality-will-be-official-april-cue-lawsuits.shtml

/thread

If that's the case then why all the butthurt about repealing it in the first place?

I'm pretty sure the only way those laws passed is because the absence of net neutrality.

I agree, free markets are vastly inferior to corporate monopolies.

you're part of the reason these things keep happening, OP. when a ruling is removed, or reinstated, it takes TIME for the groups affected to follow it. In this case, entites involved will just wait months and bury the populace under mountains of bullshit inane and irrelevant news, and then in (insert time here) they start making their move. big steps or baby steps, it doesn't matter. do you honestly believe that the moment something gets ruled in favor of a corporation they're going to drop everything and do everything the public just got done saying they were going to do? are you 12? are you stupid?

It hasn't come to effect yet. Were you in favour of repealing it?

Internet is a basic human right in industrialized countries at this point, it's hard to do anything without internet. All private and government services, banking, applying for benefits, for work and so on have moved there and Americans just allowed companies to run wild on that shit. They kinda added a new corporate layer to people controlling them. And some people on Jow Forums of all places are in support of it. The US is fucked up.

Y'all are a bunch of delusional lowtest soyboy fucktards. The repeal of net """neutrality""" is only going to help the internet flourish even more. It'll increase the flagrant lack of competition for internet services across rural America, and it'll help smaller websites, bigger websites, and most importantly, people like you and I.

>It'll increase the flagrant lack of competition for internet services across rural America
How would it do that? What is the mechanism?

>a bunch of states are suing the fcc.
This. Do you morons think ISP's are going to blow their load without waiting to see the results of these court cases?

>It'll increase the flagrant lack of competition for internet services across rural America,
How is increasing lack of competition a good ting?

Why are frog posters always so jaded

He meant increase competition, which is flagrantly lacking. See, when big monopolies start jewing their customers out of the internet, new small ISPs will pop up to give them the internet back. This will repeat and result in a wealth of choices so people can choose the ISP that’s best for them.

>thinking the internet is reliant on satellites

Attached: 1521083999251.jpg (645x729, 88K)

Anime website.

Net neutrality is not the same thing as Title II.

Enacting a regulation to prevent throttling of data based on source, destination, or content is a very good thing. Giving the government absurd amounts of control over the internet and its infrastructure with a Title II classification is bad.

Do not conflate the two.

you have to go back