Are cs majors really this stupid?

Are cs majors really this stupid?

Attached: I know the definition of a graph, I know all of graph theory.png (1140x431, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16750789
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

everything he said is correct though.

men are retarded when it comes to programming

Apparently they are, OP.
See for example

>but muh dijkstra is to hard, need a full semester to understand it

To be fair, within CS there's a million things you could make a whole course on and the major needs to be squeezed into 4 years. There's just no time to cover the field comprehensively and cursory lessons on some topics are the best you can do to at least expose the students to it while still teaching the fundamentals that need to be taught

The best computer students learn half of what they know on their own, which I'm not sure can be said for most majors in college. For some reason every college program is stuck adhering to the 4 year rule. So some majors have to pad out the mandatory course track with random shit to get to 4 years and others are trying their best to squeeze as much as they can in. I think CS should be split into like 10 majors, with some classes overlapping between them obviously. And furthermore someone needs to standardize what the difference between computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, information science, etc are because there's 0 consistency between schools

>To be fair, within CS there's a million things you could make a whole course on and the major needs to be squeezed into 4 years.
This. 4 years is practically a survey of computer science, just a cursory glance at various topics because there's so much to cover. This is why many universities offer concentrations for comp sci degrees, for example you can major in comp sci with a concentration on software engineering, or a concentration on network security, or a concentration on theoretical computing.

please tell us about your kneesock collection

something something wasted digits, state of Jow Forums, etc. etc.

quints

eat my smelly shit

I make a lot of money building faster dijkstras for large graphs, so yes- please don't learn more about graph theory so I can maintain my market share

Attached: 1522115149479.png (450x429, 398K)

>I make a lot of money building faster dijkstras for large graphs
lmaoooo

I'm on a team of five, two of the members are women, and all of us have degrees in some field of engineering. On programming skills one is pretty solidly on the bottom. The other is maybe third.

All these big universities are cucked by big corporations, so yes, they are. All the companies want are cheap and quick programmers. They want software to be like fastfood. Something churned out fast that all the masses of mindless nigger cattle will consume.

this is bait.

i'm a cs major and I even had classes about complex networks. this is baiting hard.

Well I think that the American problem is probably that the inconsistency between schools are too great. Some Cs majors actually know something and some write absolutely horrendous code

I don't even know what graph theory is or why it would be useful, I'm a full stack developer that didn't go to school for CS went for CE

"Spivak’s Calculus
Took me 3 yrs of evenings and weeekendw to get through this :\."

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16750789

CS or developer software avoid math as plague.

Thank god I don't go to a brainlet uni and CS people are forced into learning about that stuff.

It is also *actually* useful and important, even in seemingly unrelated fields like numerics, eg. when trying to solve sparse systems of linear equations.

They are, see this whole thread

Math fags take pride in being able to memorize ways of manipulating symbols on paper without ever understanding what they are used for.

>math is beautiful, I just don't know what it is supposed to mean but people invented it so it must be important!

Attached: monk.png (230x268, 79K)

>Are cs majors really this stupid?
/thread

Literally no one thinks that

>math is calculus

kek

>I'm so le nerd guise
This desu senpai

Meanwhile, I can't stop seeing graphs. Third semester CS, literally half my courses have graphs in them and they are not going away any time soon.

Read a book on analysis and say that again faggot