Ungoogled chromium has been slow as fuck lately opening new tabs, even outright freezing the PC when it opens

>ungoogled chromium has been slow as fuck lately opening new tabs, even outright freezing the PC when it opens
What browser should I migrate to Jow Forums? I'm getting real tired of this shit

Attached: 1511842562546.png (640x640, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/identity-theft-victims-ask-fcc-to-clean-up-fake-anti-net-neutrality-comments/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/net neutrality/type/op/end/2017-12-31/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the regulation that allowed the modern Internet to exist is now "abusive" because big companies use it too
The absolute state of modern Jow Forums.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 528K)

Firefox is finally not laggy on my laptop and tablet pcs. Android Firefox is pretty good.

Firefox Focus on Android is AMAZING, so smooth and fast, but the tab management needs some work.

Ungoogled is doing great on this end, try recompiling fuck with your buildflags a little.

We had strawpolls on NN here, most people are against having the NSA and FCC in control of their interwebs, corporations, while intrusive and gay are only 1/10th as jewish as the government.

Remember kids, buying from a company is a choice. You can always just refuse. The government is the only thing that can force things onto you.

Factually incorrect unless you want to live without internet access. Many areas only have one or two shitty providers to chose from. Large corporations have government-tier power

Waterfox is better than Firefox.

Firefox

Firefox.
Not ESR or any of the meme forks.

The reason why there are only two providers for some areas is because the government has forced a no composition zone oligopoly in your area. Laws regarding this were first introduced with the concept of net neutrality. The oligopolies you hate so much are actually designed and designated by the FCC, your supposed lord and protector.

Because anyone can setup their own company, it's not like it takes a huge investment and you can be outcompeted by the giants that can afford running at a loss at your areas.

There are thousands of cable companies, they are just not allowed by the government to compete with one another, it's basically a "trust" but worse because they have the force of US law against them.

>implying the repealed net neutrality regulation existed before 2015
the absolute state of (You)

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 56K)

Falkon if you want something fast.

+1. Waterfox is really good. It's not as laggy as FF as well.

>What browser should I migrate to Jow Forums? I tried nothing and i'm a retard who needs to be told what to do

wget from terminal

I wish it wouldn't fuck up loading the bookmarks on every single startup, also it sometimes does this thing where opening a new tab completely breaks the tab bar, in both of these cases only a restart fixes it which sucks when you have 200+ tabs open

Also that newest update seems to have partially broken the webm player

>asking for opinions makes you a retard

Attached: 1511578875958.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

>Large corporations have government-tier power
name a single company that could do any one of the following:
>force you to give up a percentage of your income regardless of what you do, or where you move to (domestically or internationally)
>deliberately make your money less valuable over time by printing more of it
>force you to buy insurance you don't need/want
>restrict your usable means of transportation, and/or take away your ability to travel outside a certain area completely
>arrest you

Attached: file.png (485x443, 32K)

not but he's still right
also "government-tier" power =/= execution of said power in a way that a government would do

>force you to give up a percentage of your income regardless of what you do, or where you move to (domestically or internationally)
they can blackmail you in several ways. they can create monopolies with other companies too, isps and insurance companies usually do that
>force you to buy insurance you don't need/want
"upgrade to security plan xyz or your data is threatened"

you can come up with dystopian examples for the others too. ofc they aren't doing that right now, but if some companies decided to make your life a lot worse all of sudden, they could.

as long as you can move to somewhere else in the country with a different ISP provider, the whole argument is moot, because companies can't follow you around and literally force you to use their services. Meanwhile, a nation-wide regulation of any sort, would mean it's literally inescapable without moving out of the country, and in some cases even that's not enough and you have to give up your citizenship.

nobody's arguing that companies aren't shady as fuck, nor that they're way too big an powerful to be healthy, but it's still an apples to oranges comparison when dealing with a legit government that could straight up murder you without repercussion if they wanted to.

>>force you to give up a percentage of your income regardless of what you do, or where you move to (domestically or internationally)
>>deliberately make your money less valuable over time by printing more of it
What is a commercial bank

>We had strawpolls on NN here, most people are against having the NSA and FCC in control of their interwebs, corporations, while intrusive and gay are only 1/10th as jewish as the government.
People here would be too invested in their political party/Trump/being contrarian to disagree even when it's in their own personal benefit, somehow I'm not surprised.

>ungoogled chromium has been slow as fuck lately opening new tabs, even outright freezing the PC when it opens

When shit fucks up, delete history and cache

Good as new

Attached: csb.jpg (225x224, 12K)

It seems an Iridium patch they used is causing a memory leak in the latest version. A fix should happen soon, either by Iridium or by ungoogled-chromium themselves.

Also, fuck you for starting this thread with a Jow Forums-tier bait image.

fuck off back to Jow Forums

Unironically, qutebrowser.

Attached: 600px-Qutebrowser.svg.png (600x600, 46K)

Opera is good and never uses more than 1GB memory no matter what

FUD
Firefox is definitely faster than waterfox

Maybe loading speeds, that too marginally. UI for WF is far superior to FF.

>Jow Forums complaining about reddit

Attached: 1548573758384.jpg (427x450, 20K)

Liberal here, you're stupid and I'm happy NN is being repealed.

>you can't switch banks
Damn your country sounds like a shithole my dude. You should move to the USA.

opera

>sorosfox

>when you have 200+ tabs open
if i still had my reaction image folder from 10 years ago lemme tell you, you'd be getting the most incredulous reaction.

instead ill just tell ya that you're retarded.

I'm gunna disagree with you

>proprietary
>cant disable data gathering
>owned by chinese company
lol no

I can see why a liberal would be in favour of reducing government oversight but what positive thing do you think would come out of it?

More fiber connections in more areas, or just better equipment in more areas. Florida has competition but none of it wants to lay infrastructure because AFAIK there isn't much incentive with NN in place.

This is what I was saying before. If you cut back the forced oligopolies any fiber network in the nation is now allowed to outdo the fuck out of your crappy local isp.

>any fiber network in the nation
unfortunately its not that easy. Fiber is expensive to lay and it's not as simple as flipping a switch for some places.

What did NN do to prevent ISPs from investing in fiber or in better equipment in general?

Seamonkey. We must fight to keep the NetScape dream alive.

>>I'm a Cable company shill who is to stupid to understand that Google wants NN because they do not want ISP companies to nickle and dines their customer and throttle speeds because it's hurt their businesses of data collection

Continue to go ahead and defend a Verizon puppet who is paid to loot the Treasury.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/identity-theft-victims-ask-fcc-to-clean-up-fake-anti-net-neutrality-comments/

Palemoon

That may be true, but at this point the fiber companies should have enough capital to make the kind of investment needed. Clearly it is cheaper than what it returns, it is a business after all.

People need to come to grips with the fact that Internet connections are neither a necessity nor a right. We would be in a less fucked situation if rural areas just accepted their tecgnological shit hole status.

Overall China is doing it right. Government should own the pipes, better to be ruled by the government than a corporation. Best if municipal governments handle it but you know they'll pass the buck.

qutebrowser
/thread

this

Not NN but local regulations which MUST be repealed regardless of what happens to NN

Cities are worthless niggerholes, rural areas should get faster internet purely based on the fact that most of the people who have money live in those areas, it's far better for business than something like a city where the majority of the population is on welfare.

This. And it can still run DownThemAll.

Attached: 1521854653309.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>AHHHH EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS Jow Forums!!!!

Attached: 1522165673213.png (542x666, 248K)

It's true. Net neutrality was literally never discussed outside of Jow Forums. Especially not on Jow Forums. ESPECIALLY not on Jow Forums, the Jow Forums board focused on technology.

Net neutrality is a Jow Forums issue and a Jow Forums issue. We've discussed this on here for a long ass time, you must be new here.

What sort of regulation do you mean? I agree that the ISP issue in the US is fucked and something needs to be done, I just don't understand how repealing NN would help.

Sarcasm is a thing that exists.

Attached: brainlet5.jpg (645x968, 47K)

rbt.asia/g/search/text/net neutrality/type/op/end/2017-12-31/

When using sarcasm please use "quotes" on the interwebs, as nobody understands your shit. Honestly reading your post it just sounds like you're a newfag.

If you have higher than 70 IQ (ie. not clinically retarded) it was obvious from the last sentence.

NN adds power of internet to FCC > FCC designs oligopoly areas > oligopoly areas fuck your isp.

An ANN designed to detect sarcasm looking over billions upon billions of examples of sarcasm on the internet can't detect your sarcasm.

Attached: ur a fag.png (1786x798, 277K)

>I just don't understand how repealing NN would help.
Thus "regardless of what happens to NN". It really isn't that big of an issue as long as you tackle the ISP problem.

>thinking cable companies don't own mainstream media
>thinking any of them won't throttle shit like Jow Forums
>thinking this is a win

Holy shit go back to Jow Forums. You are absolutely fucking waterlogged with Republican propaganda. Just because this hurts Google doesn't mean it helps us.

Attached: 1522711431163.png (800x800, 84K)

So what you're saying is, you are as intelligent as a random computer program that was coded by some pajeet and can't even understand context?

Attached: 1522261945577.png (488x463, 28K)

ooo the big scawy corporwations twottle :,(

If you're post was sarcasm then we are on the same side here. Why are you being such a faggot? Bad day?

Those are two very much separate issues. Now we have those oligopolies AND the oligopolies will have more power, the situation from customer perspective will be even worse than if nothing changed
I guess, but if ISPs aren't sorted out (and I'm not optimistic at all about that), the situation from customers perspective just got worse with nothing gained.

I can't say I believe in repealing NN as a stepping stone to something better, I'd much rather have kept NN and went straight after the fucked up ISP situation.

>muh soros bogeyman

firecocks just werks for me ever since Quantum

Nigga you didn't have net neutrality 3 or 4 years ago. I'm posting from a country without net neutrality and probably have better internet than you. Reddit really did a number on you with their brainwashing.