What does Jow Forums think of mini workstations?

What does Jow Forums think of mini workstations?

Attached: mini-desktop-computer-intel-nuc.jpg (768x574, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nucblog.net/2018/04/gemini-lake-nuc-nuc7cjyh-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the same thing I think of netbooks

What do you think of netbooks?

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS82L04vNzAyNjcxL29yaWdpbmFsL0hQLVoybWluaS1ndXRzX3RvcC5qcGc=.jpg (755x566, 86K)

Wow, house fires come in so many different packages nowadays.

the same thing I think of mini workstations

I have one of them running at a remote site for basic network services (DHCP, DNS, NAT, and serving a couple of external hard disks). It works pretty well for that.

As a daily, I have no idea how good they are, I'm afraid.

I'm legit using that very nuc right now at work.

macmini late 2012 with quad-core i7 is pretty nice desu

thin client

Can't argue with that can we?

Attached: tenor.png (532x398, 367K)

Cute

Just give me a 2 in 1

So what's it like to use daily?

It has a broadwell i7 (with an iris GPU I believe) with an 850 evo. Not near as snappy as I would expect and you can hear the fans ramp up every now and then.

It is tiny though, would be nice if you need to carry a PC around for some reason.

>workstations
That's a NUC user

>workstations

brainlet

They are cute, would definitely get one for my mom.

nucblog.net/2018/04/gemini-lake-nuc-nuc7cjyh-review/

Awesome for low power device if you pick up newest generation with HEVC Main10 & VP9 10bit hardware decoding

Attached: nuc7cjyh_dxva_checker.png (625x914, 62K)

the same thing I think of creme workstations

They're dogshit as servers, so of course guess what management decided to use for our entry level appliances we sell.

AMD should make one with an good APU imo.

I've got an NUC. One with an i5 processor, added in 8GB RAM, a small SSD as a boot drive and a 2TB hard drive. Got it under my TV and it works great as a Plex server/player as well as for any general computing use. Was a great buy

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES garbage can't ever be in small NUC like products

it can be 20-50% bigger to fit the full size radiator+fan, i dont care, i just want an good small size gpu.

I got various clients using intel NUCs. A few use them as desktop PCs because all they use is Office and remote desktop and another guy has them mounted behind TV's in the office and used to show statistics on webpages.

they serve a purpose. not a lot of room for neon lights for you /bst/ children to jerk off over though.

The format makes for a nice HTPC or Windows office PC thing, and the price also works if you buy them from China.

I wouldn't use one because I like to have all the hard drives inside my case but I set one up for my parents to use as a DVR/video conferencing machine and it works very nicely.

Not quite the same, but I've been using a Gigabyte Brix as my main computer for about a year now and the only complaint I have is that it can only have one HDD/SSD inside it. I'm probably going to be building an actual computer soon since the lack of ports and no disk drive is something of a pain as time goes on, but even then all I really want is space for two storage drives and one disc drive and I'm happy as a clam. It all depends on your usage of a computer, and since mine is 90% writing there's really not much need for anything else.

You could just mount a network share from a NAS, particularly easily so if both are wired up over GBE.

There's no i7 NUC that looks like the one in OP's pic, tho. Those have an i5 at most.

Imagine if you're a homeless /cyberpunk/ lurking at your local internet cafes and pulling out your PC from your bag and booting arch linux while you program/hax0r, eating cheap but filling chinese noodles in very neon-and-TV-soaked society we live in.

>workstation
>mini
pick one

Can it really be considered "mini" if it is larger, than my dick?

Yes and your dick is also mini.