AyyyMD so poor they can't afford cardboard LMAO

This is literally how stupid posters on the AMD subreddit are.

Attached: the amd subreddit is full of retards.png (1343x642, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj9wEcSPiAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fanboys are a disease.

AMD gambled everything they had on Ryzen and Vega. With VEGA in the gutter it's only Ryzen keeping the lights on. That's why the basically gave Vega to intel for free.

Le epic brand wars xDD

AMD had worst marketing department in industry.

>t. butt blasted op
go back to redit fgt

I didn't post in that thread, I just browse the sub from time to time because I'm interested in seeing AMD's Ryzen CPUs getting more competitive.

You'll be browsing for a long time if you expect that to ever happen.

Attached: 1489421658644.png (653x726, 84K)

go back

Intel is already scared, that's why i5s/i7s hexacore as standard, now. Even if you aren't going to buy AMD, you should still be happy that they're making a comeback because they're forcing Intel to provide better value for money.

>unloading dominating tech
>they're scared

Whatever you say Rajeesh

I really shouldn't reply to shitposters

wrong, they dont even make money off consumer products

Attached: Q2-2016.png (792x537, 128K)

>Q2 2016
>4 Quarters before Ryzen
Nice bait :)

I couldnt find a 2017 report. But what makes you think it would drastically change? Their actual money comes from enterprise customers, which is why they don't give a fuck about marketing to consumers that they literally lose money on

Fuck, dark days ahead for us that care about personal hardware.

you won't find anything yet, they're writing the report because the financial year just finished

Are you sure about that? How does that graph represent no profit? Adoredtv did an overview of their quarterly report a lil while back and the seem to be making a profit now. And consumers are bringing in money but nothing much really. But this is just an investment. They're winning people over so it cuts into intel. If they can continue the way they are with %10 gain on ryzen they'll only get more adopters. Epyc is not even a year old so the enterprise market are still yet to buy a bunch of their products. To reflect their products true impact on the market

>AMD had worst marketing department in industry.
>had
Cool words like
Zen
Ryzen
Epyc
Infinity fabric
And the super cool designs they have for their new products makes quite the impression on a normie like me. Their new marketing is something else

In accounting you put things that are negative in parenthesis

>computer and graphics
>net revenue Q2 2016 $435M
>Operating Loss $(81)M
They "lost" $81m on their computing and graphics division

>Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom
>Net Revenue $592M
>Operating Income $84M
They made $84M on their enterprise, embedded and semi custom divisions

I put "lost" in quotes because expenses are tax deductible so they probably still made money off it even though the financial statement pegged it as a loss.

Intel's got a ton of cash and can undercut Intel if they wish.
I seriously think Intel are selling at a lose with that rushed 8th in an attempt to stop and from gaining market share. Cause Intel's CPUs are significantly more expensive to produce

They got released for last quarter
What's the net revenue mean then?
This doesn't include all that other stuff like paying off debt right? Either way that's insane then. Why kinda business model is that? What's the master plan?

Net Revenue is the total money you make from all sources
Operating income/loss is essentially your profit before taxes

Debt for large companies doesn't really matter since they get what's called a hybrid bond rather than a line of credit like you or I would get. Hybrid bonds have really long maturation periods, and are generally at low interest rates like 5 or 6% or something. So even if they're like $200mil in debt, they could very well not start paying that off for 5 years and still be alright as long as they dont keep having to take on more debt (Im not really sure of their exact financial situation though). Their business strategy is to break about even then clean up on tax write offs. As I said it wouldn't surprise me if a very large amount of their expenses are tax deductible.

Any industry with high R&D costs, high production costs, etc relies on similar business practices. Very few companies are like Apple and actually able to make money off their hardware. Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, etc all lose money on their hardware. I think apple and nintendo are the only one's Ive heard of that dont, and what a coincidence, their hardware fucking sucks in comparison to everyone else

>t. accounting major

THREAD RIPPER
MEGA TASKING
ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE
PROSUMER
VR READY

>Intel's got a ton of cash and can undercut Intel if they wish.
>I seriously think Intel are selling at a lose

Attached: bong_educated.jpg (610x407, 213K)

Oh also, another fun part of large corporations, all their executives are receiving multimillion dollar bonuses to reduce the company's total taxable income as low as possible, and those bonuses are then taxed as an operating expense. On top of that, they can defer the taxes on those bonuses for 180 days.

Its very possible for a large company to appear to be bleeding money, but everyone in upper management is making millions/tens of millions a year while the company takes on more debt. Then when shit hits the fan, they can just lay off a few thousand people, liquidate some assets, or even file chapter 11, and not be personally on the hook for any of it.

>being a redditor
What the fuck is this

Yeah they've got money to spend to undercut the market. Its a common illegal practice used to facilitate a monopoly. By forcing out smaller competition that can't compete into bankruptcy.
>tech business lose money
So the only way they stay a float is basically tax deductions..
>not sure about amds situation.
They're paying off their debts. As I said I saw the quarterly report on adoredtv.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj9wEcSPiAA
From what I saw they're doing fine with no losses for that quarter(its old and I haven't bothered looking at the video again)

>MEGA TASKING
Nigga this is an Intel thing, I've caught you three times now.
I hate this board so much, just nuke everything for a few weeks.

God bless capitalism
Buzzwords are like honey to the fly for Normie's. They've got that locked down.
Lol I remember him from the other thread. Don't feed the troll

You still have to go back and stay there faggit

>reddit
Jump off the roof of the tallest building in your area

They should sell $80 cardboard like nintendo. AMDrones will eat it up.

Killing Ruby was a mistake.

>edit: grammar
Why do Redditors do this?

Intel's money is tied up in their fabs, unlike GloFo they can't just burn everything and get more money from the oil Arabs
EPYC and Ryzen are major launches, and AMD basically abandoned their enterprise customers when they killed off Bulldozer on the server, all of that "enterprise" profit is from their semi custom contracts with Sony and Microsoft, along with exclusive GPUs for Apple
Most of their current marketing names come from the engineers themselves

>Most of their current marketing names come from the engineers themselves
I think ryzen or something is even named after some bloke there or something. Pretty cool though
>Intel's money is tied up with their fans
They're having trouble with 10nm I remember. So I'm guessing that's gonna hit them pretty hard then? They fabricate for themselves?

>Poorzen

this but unironically how can you fuck up so bad. they need to spend moore money on it, even if ryzen was already faster than intel the normies wouldnt know it. amd admitted it themselfes

undercutting with losses isnt illegal in any country you dumbfuck. you are talking about natural monopolies but this certainly doesnt apply to the cpu market.

3 Intel and 1 NV buzzwords?
Meh.

Their current marketing is simple and fairly straightforward.
Years ahead of post-2013 Intel.

>reddit
You should stay there instead of bringing their garbage here.

People do this on a lot of forums. It's because you can edit your posts after people have already replied but doing so marks the posts as being edited (on reddit, an asterisk is added to edited posts), so people note that they only edited to correct grammar and didn't change the content of the post.

Attached: 1522537161702.png (1920x1080, 393K)

Cardboard is cheap.
Machine that manufacture the boxes, print the labels and shit, not so much.
The so called tooling.
You should watch those "how it's made" at least to see what level of bullshit we're talking about.

I like how we've gone to discussing fanbase after CPU debate is over.
Mission accomplished.

>OP admits to browsing reddit for fun
>thread somehow doesn't get saged to death
Have the last remnants of Jow Forums finally died?

Attached: 1514862103056.jpg (452x364, 45K)

sage is hidden from viewers

>browse reddit
>find stupid people
I'm not surprised that you're a moron too OP

This thread belongs on page 12 and yet is on page 4. That's how you can tell.

I'm pretty sure I heard that undercutting to push smaller companies out of the market falls under anticompetitive laws
Please don't call me dumb fuck and clarify. But Intel is pretty much a monopoly

nice thread leddit

Let the youngfag make his reddit memes, okay?

why are you even on reddit in the first place? there are much easier ways to give yourself brain cancer, user

Does AMD have a paypal we can donate money to? Since I'm using an intel cpu I rarely have to upgrade and save a lof of money

Come back again when you find a card as powerful as a Vega 64 that costs as much as the Vega 64 (400€)

>reddit

>Reddit
>One line of shitpost

You have to go back

Attached: 98797987987.png (363x364, 8K)