23 years old and never programmed in my life

Is it too late to learn how to code?

Attached: Sad Glaceon.png (1500x1500, 755K)

fuck off and start you retard. fucking retard 20 somethings complaining about being too old to do something are so fucking retarded. i know people that have changed careers in their 30s and made something of themselves you have no excuse nigger.

Could you write this in English, please?

This fucking thread every day.

No. You're barely fucking born.

Why do you think it might be too late? Too late for what exactly?

no pajeet, i speak american

What makes you think it might be too late?

You barely got in your 20s and you think you're old?

Some people are already making millions at 22.

yes you will never be able to dream in code

might as well just settle for working at mcdonalds

Yeah, and 99.9% of people are not.

This
I gave up learning and now Im really happy adult flipping burgers in my 40s

So?
How many of them decided to avoid learning something because it was "too late"?

Fucking roasted holy shit

Its too late, but honestly you need to be at least slightly autistic to code. I don't have the patience nor attention span, and I prefer to learn via practical examples in regards to everything, so that kills 95% of "LEARN CPP IN 2 WEEKS BUT THERE'S 33 CHAPTERS OF BLOAT TEXT AND 150 PAGES TALKING ABOUT VARIABLES BUT NOT ACTUALLY DESCRIBING ANYTHING USEFUL" tutorials.

It's like somebody telling you how to structure a sentence in a foreign language, but you don't understand what the words mean and nobody will explain it to you.

not too late*

Brainlet-chan its ok you can always go back to your plumbing job.

>LEARN CPP IN 2 WEEKS
Your fault for looking for that kind of resource.
>BUT THERE'S 33 CHAPTERS OF BLOAT TEXT AND 150 PAGES TALKING ABOUT VARIABLES BUT NOT ACTUALLY DESCRIBING ANYTHING USEFUL
You mean you have to read stuff to learn something!? No shit.
OP, don't listen to this guy.

It's never too late to start anything, user.

I started programming at 26 (32 now) and I'm basically a god now
It's never too late provided you're autistic and have access to brain stimulants

Attached: 61Tc+SKXXRL._SL1204_.jpg (1196x1800, 208K)

too late for you? yes. too late for other 23 year olds who are able to apply themselves and not need the permission of Jow Forums to pursue something? not at all.

>reading a hundred pages to learn nothing. Damn I wish I was autistic.

91 year old cancer patient here

Is there still time for me?

>provided you're autistic and have access to brain stimulants
or just the latter. you get the best of both worlds, or "autism on demand"

>I can't absorb information but the problem is not me, i-it surely must be that everyone else is autistic...
You're either a brainlet or someone who got a really bad book.
Maybe there's still time to call a hooker.

Yes. see /thread

I think the best way to learn to code is get a basic bitch idea of the language, then code something somebody will find useful. Alot of coding is solving unique problems in code, reading code and copy pasting like leggos. There's just to many languages, libraries etc. to "learn to code" and expect to go somewhere with that. Really I think the hardest part of coding is figuring out what to write. Like studying the dictionary and becoming a grammar professor then wondering why you aren't a famous author.

paintknight

Do what interests you. It's never too late until you are dead.

My sister is 30 and keeps telling me "oh mah gawd, if I learned SQL I'd get a raise, what do you think about this $500 coding boot camp" and I keep offering to try and teach her everything I can, for free, I just need you to want to learn.
And then every time we're at our parents' house for a weekend or longer, she just spends the whole time watching Netflix in bed, like for absolute fuck's sake. I can't even get her to play portal, or Doom, so I could transition to mod scripting or spacechem or any fucking thing.
Christ.

OP, the point is, learning programming has never been easier, you've got python3 and like a million video games that offer "A NEW AMD [[[FUN]]] WAY TO LEARN (thing) ", but if you're not willing to put some time into it, you're not going to get good at anything.
But you all are so fucking afraid of failure you'll just avoid trying anything, even when failure has no negative consequences whatsoever.
Actually I don't even think it's possible to fail to learn programming. You write print("hello world") in Python and look at you, there you fucking are, programming. Now learn more and whenever you're stuck trying to do something, formulate your problem and Google it. You little pussy.

>paintknight
?

>I'm X years old. Is it too late to learn Y?
No

Yes, it is too late.
Don't start programming, you will regret it.

no its never too late, just more difficult

Just fucking do it. Google tutorials and apply them.

Please die

This. As long as you have the time and resources it you can do it. Just apply yourself.

It's never too late to learn anything, faggot. Why do you think you see people 60+ taking courses at universities sometimes?

too late for hrt

no
just find something small you want to do and do it
write some shell scripts to do common bullshit you've been doing manually, add command options to 'em, etc
make a web page (not really programming, but if you can't even fucking do this, then it might actually be too late)

doesn't need to be your fucking day job either

Attached: the-c-programming-language-second-edition-grill.jpg (852x973, 475K)

this, i went to a community college for a while before transferring to a university, and the large number of older people there getting an education was pleasantly surprising.

English*

no, my mom taught herself programming at home in her late 30s-40s while working desk job, and is now a unix sysadmin at same company

Yep. Too late to do much of anything new except post in Jow Forums for the remaining ~60 years of your life.

This is my issue
I have no need to make anything

I WISH I COULD LEARN TO PROGRAM.

>tfw found programming so impossible I had to drop out of cs.into math

No. Put your mind to it, practice regularly and you'll be fine.

Not true