Why can no freetard client compete with the seven year old µTorrent 2.2.1...

Why can no freetard client compete with the seven year old µTorrent 2.2.1? Is it because a genius dev selfishly made it proprietary so he could make money off his many months of labor instead of helping out incompetent devs by letting them simply copy his work, taking credit for it themselves?

Attached: Capture.png (1322x420, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=utororrent remote execution vulnerability
torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-client-utorrent-suffers-security-vulnerability-180220/
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524#c24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

T I X A T I
I
X
A
T
I

What exactly does it offer than qBittorent or Deluge doesn't?

Also because the GNU ecosystem is a bad joke.

if it's so good, why is it forbidden on private trackers? :^)
old versions too, now that the remote execution vulnerability was found

uTorrent has fuckall for resource requirements, easily manages tens or hundreds of thousands of torrents in parallel, minimal as fuck, works prefectly on literally every OS that matters, iconic GUI, secure

Transmission-daemon and rtorrent will run on a goddamn potato and be stable as a rock. OP is a fag.

If you want something ultra minimal, there's also rtorrent + rutorrent.
qBt and Deluge aren't bloated or anything either, are free as in freedom so you can compile for whatever platform you want and don't have any security concerns either.

because it's a simple protocol that doesn't need much

From what I heard and seen those two will give up when they have to manage a fuckton of torrents, an amount that utorrent will chug along with without any issues.

or Why people still answering this kind shitposting?

> remote execution vulnerability
[citation needed]

fpbp

Made the switch some time after utorrent implemented ads, never looked back since

duckduckgo.com/?q=utororrent remote execution vulnerability
not that hard

rTorrent isn't minimal, it stores every .torrent in RAM. So it can take gigabytes of RAM where uTorrent is under 100MB.

>3.5.3
Congratulations on your illiteracy.

>if I just keep saying [citation needed] over and over again, in every thread, eventually i'll come across someone who doesn't actually know and then i'll "win" the fight! that'll completely fix utorrent forever!
I will never understand this mentality.

Why are you lying on an anonymous image board?

Why are you samefagging on an anonymous imageboard?

I didn't say citation needed. I asked why you're lying on an anonymous image board.
So answer the question.

>I didn't say citation needed.
I don't remember claiming that you did.
>I asked why you're lying on an anonymous image board.
I'm not, as I'm not the poster that made the comment earlier in the thread about the alleged vulnerability. I just happened to notice that you responded to that exact post without being marked as a new IP. This means that you're the faggot that got triggered by that post, trying to hit the "reset" button on the argument by pretending to be a new poster just now seeing this post for the first time. The IP counter says you aren't, though.

I'm OP, so of course I've posted in this thread before.
Wait, don't tell me you believed that Jow Forums worked on the principle that everybody but you was allowed one post in a thread?

Oh, you're the OP? Okay, then again I ask why you're pretending to just now see for the first time? You've been responding to it plenty already.

What exactly makes you think my computer isn't capable of multitasking? I've been watching the GARNiDELiA - Yakusoku -Promise code- BDRip, Luna Haruna - Overfly on Youtube, and the I went and snatched the G.R.N.D Bluray that was just accepted on U2 -- you know, the premier private tracker for anime releases?

Attached: Capture.png (947x208, 15K)

I've never understood this 2.2.1 meme

Yeah, that's cool and all, but it has literally nothing to do with the question I asked you.

I'm yet to see a working example of that "remote execution vulnerability". I've only seen an example that allows to steal someones passskey and torrent list if webui is enabled. And it did not even work for me.

>why didn't you reply to x?
>"I was doing other things."
>that doesn't answer the question

But you did already reply to x. So why are you pretending that you didn't?

>secure
>he didn't get the memo, lol
torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-client-utorrent-suffers-security-vulnerability-180220/

/thread
please delete yourself

I didn't say citation needed since I'm quite aware that there isn't one. That just gives shills an opening to spam irrelevant 3.x vulnerabilities and claim that that they apply to 2.2.1, when they don't.

Like this:
See how utterly predictable morons are?

>I didn't say citation needed
You keep saying this and, again, I don't remember suggesting that you ever did. I'm just curious as to why you're pretending to have not seen a post you already replied to.

1.8.5 > 2.2.1

>OMG YOU SAMEFAGGED AND REPLIED TO IT BEFORE!
>No I didn't.
>I DIDN'T SUGGEST THAT YOU DID, I'M JUST ASKING WHY YOU DID?

rtorrent won't.
But it's ncurses, so it's different animal anyway.

If I'm torrenting on Windows, uTorrent 1.8.5 is my goto.
If on *nix, rtorrent inside a screen session is my goto.

Isn't utorrent this shitty client full of ads?

3.x is. Nobody uses 3.x.

You know, really all I demand of my torrent client is that it fucking downloads shit and tells me when it's done. That is literally everything I ever do with it.

Opera has a built in torrent client then...

Have you ever looked into the Peers tab while downloading?

Then you don't need the power of the 391k uTorrent 2.2.1. The 20MB qBittorrent is probably all you need.

Yes, it's more Transmission than uTorrent of any version today.

Attached: Capture.png (1327x417, 35K)

Yeah, okay, but I didn't say you said anything about [citation needed] and I'm not sure why you keep suggesting I did. I just want to know why you samefagged that post you pretended not to see.

Probably depends on the tracker then. I'm seeing like half of the list uTorrent 3.x on the regular basis.

>other reply is [citation needed]
>me: "I didn't write [citation needed]"
>you: "I didn't say you did, I'm just saying you samefagged the replies."

Yeah, public tracker plebs use it, but they don't know anything about torrenting. That's why you see a good bit of qBittorrent there as well.

>not needing to constantly work on a ratio and good relations with a tracker is 'pleb'
If time has no value to you, feel free to waste it on private trackers :)

Torrenting requires a 1.0 upload for every download. A community that doesn't "work on its ratio" results in dead torrents. This is what you see on public trackers. Since the point is to, you know, get files, it helps if they're available.
Leaving your client running isn't exactly arduous, especially if it's something that works as well as µTorrent 2.2.1.

>seed on public trackers
>likely saved a good few torrents from dying
feels good man

Attached: Capture.png (322x354, 15K)

rTorrent/ruTorrent has been working fine for me.

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524#c24
2.2.1 will live on as the magnum opus of GUI torrent clients forever

>maybe if i just keep pretending that this other post i made in order to set up a "gotcha, i win!" comment chain isn't mine, i can play this off
You can try. It's not going to work, but if you want to go for it be my guest.

This. I just use rTorrent with Flexget in order to automate downloading stuff I want. Pretty simple.

I've never had a problem with Transmission.