You do value your spine, right?

You do value your spine, right?
Anyone else do pic related instead of getting stands? I have a height adjustable monitor and it still wasn't high enough, so i just put old copybooks under it T B H

Attached: monitor stand.jpg (2560x1440, 549K)

Yeah, i use a piece of Styrofoam instead of books.

I use my old LEGO box like a giant babby. At least it doesn't make my desk look like a dumpster like that guy

How have I not already done this. Need to do it with my speakers too

my height adjustable monitors are doing fine.

I do but this guy has his monitors too high. Looks like his eye level is like in the middle of the screen which is pretty bad because you need to constantly look up which strains your neck

I had my eyes on level with the top of my 27 inch monitor and it was just too big for that and looking down was uncomfortable, so i raised it a bit
I generally agree with that for 24 inch and smaller screens, though.

ja!

JA! Apfelschorle beste Apfelschorle

I can't have my monitor even it eye level it hurts and makes me tired. I have to use just laptop so that it's below eye level :(

just VESA it to the wall instead of using this shit

If you're developing professionally, doesn't it make sense to spend $50 or whatever on a stand instead of this niggardly option (i actually used that word correctly!)

If you're going to spend that much you may as well buy a monitor arm that clamps to the desk.

Of course i value my spine, that's why I do 1 hour of exercise every day instead of utilizing such half-measures you dimwit.
Your spine's integrity and form is based on the equivalent and balanced forces held between the back muscles and the abdominal/chest muscles.
No manner of sitting form will influence a maintenance of this balance as only exercise can. The only legitimate sitting rule for your spine is one of focusing on avoiding vertical discus strain by avoiding sitting in completely straight positions and instead adopting a sitting angle to the back at between 90 and 120 degrees, most optimally in the precise middle, however this doesn't resolve in any way the spinal form from atrophy and imbalance between back muscle/frontal muscle groups.

>No manner of sitting form will influence a maintenance of this balance as only exercise can
Related:
>Exercise not enough to undo harms of sedentary lifestyle
We need both, so make sure you get up, stretch and walk to the other side of the office and back every half an hour or something.

this. they are like $25 for a single monitor, putting books is just laziness or poorfag workarounds

>half measures
so, you prefer hunching over infront of your monitor as you do your work instead of sitting properly?

>wasting 25 dollars to raise the monitor half an inch
Consumerist laziness

Or you could do the most reasonable thing:

instead of getting a rickety-ass stand and risking your monitor, just get a table that's higher up or a chair that's lower. Or be a fucking weeb and do what the japs do: get a Kotatsu. They're usually juuuust high enough to force you to sit up to eat or use the computer. Plus you've now got a bed, dining room table, and desk, and have consolidated several pieces of furniture into one. God bless the Japs.

The ideal level is to have your eye level meet 1/3 of the way down from the top of the monitor.

Whenever I start to feel uncomfortable, I switch to L sitting pose

When my legs are starting to get numb, I switch back to normal sitting pose

Works every time

Attached: lsit.jpg (371x394, 22K)

>a sitting angle to the back at between 90 and 120 degrees, most optimally in the precise middle
W-what?

One time I got extreme headache so my doctor recommended me to put the monitor higher up. It felt awkward to look up / straight instead of slightly down at first but I'm fine ever since.

You're doing it wrong.

Attached: monitor_height.png (1074x780, 545K)

I just have my monitors mounted on the wall with adjustable mounting plates

Attached: 1518310445462.png (932x711, 246K)

Attached: JA.jpg (500x500, 177K)

>humans can only see things in a straight line
wow moving my eye up and down a few mm is real hard

I just lay on the bed like this whole day. Is it bad?

Attached: bed.jpg (500x375, 87K)

I ordered one of those cheap Korean 1440p panels years ago. The stand it came with was shit, so I splurged and bought an Ergotron LX for it instead and binned the shitty stand. The Ergotron cost me around £100. It'll outlast the monitor, I have no doubt.

Yes. For the hinge.

the only solution

Attached: chair.png (524x436, 7K)