Where can I learn how to use properly the Linux Terminal?

Where can I learn how to use properly the Linux Terminal?

Attached: Mint.png (1920x1200, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/linux/linux-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mint sux

just use the terminal a lot, familiarize yourself, lookup basic commands: ls, cd, rm, cat, grep, etc as well learn how to use the > and | commands from there you can build your knowledge, there are probably some Linux books on the gentlewomen library if you want a more in dept look at the nuances of the terminal

You don't just learn. You find things you want to do and research it.

fuck, gentoomen libary

Well, I recently learned how to navigate through directories, how to extract tar files, how to modify directories and some other basic stuff.
I probably will search for some Linux books in the library of my university, but I think it will be helpful to also know some web pages about this topic.

linuxjourney.com might help

linux academy makes it easy af

Stop using Mint and install Sourcemage if you're a real Hyperborean man of the west.

Use a distro which forces you to learn it more. Try Debian and go from there.

underrated comment. This is how I am learning Slackware, three months in. I know what I want to do and how to do it. It teaches you so much about Linux that you don't notice. Such an amazing distro.

Literally how I've learned everything I know.

man man

Install Gentoo. It actually tell you a lot about how linux works.

just use windows 10 you dumb fuck

UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook (5th Edition).

Grab a pdf from libgen.

copy/paste commands like everybody does

Let me interject a moment. What you are referring is Linux Terminal is in fact bash shell, and it is a part of fully functional GNU plus Linux OS.

>It actually tell you a lot about how linux works.
Not really, just like installing Arch won't. The install process is just using a few commands, it won't give you the essentials of UNIX style systems. Especially the Arch wiki is geared specifically towards what they claim are "advanced" users and not beginners and thus the articles there all make knowing the essentials a prerequisite
If you want to learn how to actually create your linux distro, read LFS. If you want to learn how linux works install ANY distro, actually LOOK at and read up on shit that is installed and learn the essential concepts.

You can get A Practical Guide to Ubuntu Linux by Mark G Sobell free from a tracker. It's a pretty easy to read book, and you'll learn a lot. What you learn can be applied to any distro quite easy.

Attached: Ubuntu.jpg (759x1000, 154K)

without downloading anything, you can practice by 'man'ing everything

if you're ok with mint and now the basics jump to slackware, then when you manage to understand how packages and dependencies work, system configuration and networking you can try gentoo or void. maybe inbetween you can arch, archfags have a very complete docu and howtos. ps: for now dont listen to the voices "install gentoo" "install gentoo" "install gentoo" "install gentoo" "install gentoo"

Install and rice a minimalist distro. You might not learn anyth8ng but you'll learn a lot whilst creating and satiating the raging computer autism youll certainly be affected by if you continue this path.

1. read this (5 minutes):
dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/linux/linux-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/
2. figure shit out with trial and error (3 months)
3. Go back to an OS that just werks (30 minutes): windows/OSX