Backpage got seized

backpage.com

Attached: kek.png (2040x1446, 1.42M)

The shit our fucking government wastes our fucking tax dollars on.

Attached: 1493921286140.jpg (640x656, 35K)

What is backpage?

hookers and drugs. also sex trafficking

why was this on the public web

Good. It's fucking overdue if anything.

The internet is only for approved persons.

>t. pedo

fuck, where the hell do i get laced drugs and ugly hookers now?

Attached: 547846121B8.jpg (567x522, 46K)

Good riddance

the government is too big. we need to defund it in anyway possible. get rid of taxes completely if nessisary. let those roads crumble into dust until we can get the reins back on this beast. then after we have control again we need some new constitutional ammendments written up that will prevent it from getting that big again.

Backpage was more than the acquiring of vices in which many speak of; this action was more about the erosion of our freedoms and the removing of a valuable online forum in which people could conduct business anonymously so to speak. More importantly it destroys the local firearms market of the country over night. This was more than just about hookers and drugs. This action combined with the Illinois gun confiscation was a deliberate shot over the bow to steal our liberties one amendment at a time. In this instance, it was two. Beware all those on the fringes of society, big brother is coming for you. Jow Forums you are next...we cannot have people exchanging ideas anomalously!!! It is too dangerous.

Serves them right for facilitating non-feminist approved sex and other immorality

I hereby declare the "Wild Wild West" era of the internet officially over.
Whether or not that's a good thing is for you to decide.

yeah if it wasn't over before it is now

>Backpage got seized
Why the fuck are you surprised?

Attached: 1516657405430s.jpg (230x219, 6K)

this

i wonder who designed this nice image

because they removed their adult section in 2017.

Still shouldn't be surprised.

Attached: DUKXNMYV4AABpSj.jpg (408x450, 16K)

roasties BTFO

this is a clear overreach by the government.

I understand how big and powerful the government is, but there are individuals who are equally big and powerful and we need some mechanism to make sure those people don't destroy the world too. so basically, lets make the government better and not so gay, legalize weed, deregulate the internet, tax the shit out of nonaltruistic billionaires, design systems to nurture creative benefactors of society, and accept all female refugees. also fuck ajit pai, isp's, i.e. companies, should be regulated, but not internet content.

If you weren't backing up any media offline by now, my condolences.

Not even sure how to feel about this desu. I guess if we at least get a qt AI news anchor out of it somewhere down the line...

Attached: 1473177500_ElizaCassan.gif (506x253, 1.84M)

I'm definitely not suggesting anybody actually do it, but I will say the world would be a better place if someone dropped a nuke on Washington DC

There was ample evidence that they continually operated their adult section knowing full well that a non trivial amount of ads they had running were for sex trafficked minors. So, on that front, I think the government has the right to, and should have, put a lot of pressure on them to either shut it down or do better at policing it. Despite them shutting it down, I'm sure the FBI has been building a case against them for years. This is probably the end result of it.

That being said, multiple times state and federal government went full retard on backpage and definitely overreaching. Even if it was for a "good cause". Honestly I don't know what to make of this, I want to know more information and I hope this isn't just a DOJ publicity stunt to look tough on crime.

I'm not arguing that backpage was shit.

But this sets a precedence for future startups that the government will be able to hold them accountable for their user's accounts. Think about if twitter started now, the government could ban them for spreading "fake news" - or at least news contrary to the ruling parties agenda. Think about Tinder. This is a huge blow the internet economy and for startups in the tech sector.

>why can't i buy hookers!!

Where tf is her neck?

Look closer you whore.

why dont they just legalize prostitutes and fucking tax it jesus christ this is retarded

I think you're being a melodramatic LARPer right now. The precedent already exists the other way in multiple cases. Companies can't be held liable for content their users produce. Like I said, I'm hoping this isn't another dumb stunt by the DOJ to just look 'tough on crime'. We don't know why they did it at this point, for now everyone just suspects it's more of the same.

The same reason other mundane shit like gay marriage is illegal: puritanism. Reminder that christianity in America even got alcohol banned, in the fucking constitution, for 13 years.

>gay marriage is illegal
Who's gonna tell him?

Gay marriage is still illegal in other countries or states.

Oh thank god. Spammers got my email from there and it's been flooding my trash folder since.

Is nu/g/ really supporting the government taking down this site?

Any good darknet alternatives? Tor, i2p, et al.

No one here is anonymous - unless they paid with crypto for pass trough decentralized network and connect trough such a network as well, or a vpn that dosen't log websites, time stamps etc.

Goodnight Sweet Prince

Attached: 1384015561852.jpg (900x931, 177K)

>where the hell do i get laced drugs and ugly hookers now?
Jow Forums