Audiophiles are so dumb. They are the most annoying people on this planet

Audiophiles are so dumb. They are the most annoying people on this planet.

Attached: 1.jpg (1198x655, 386K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stereophile.com/content/morphic-housekeeping-101
youtu.be/J9CPmpx38ew
youtube.com/watch?v=9uJvTnktq3E
audiobudget.com/product/Headroom/MS16
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bunch of baka...

Attached: 3.jpg (1198x674, 407K)

Attached: 3664889472_4a37afd6d9_o.jpg (3860x2564, 2.07M)

Audio thread?

Classic

Morphic Housekeeping 101 - Bar Code Labels

OK, now for something completely new. I am going to be running around today so I will be developing this post during the day. Now, Morphic Housekeeping 101 is a short course on how to deal with some of the Information fields that are not allowing you to hear your audio system in all of it's present glory and power. These information fields interfere with the brain the same way external electromagnetic waves (RF) interferes with a sensitive transceiver. So, what image in mind how to address one of the more pernicious and powerful of the various types of information fields, the ones produced by bar codes. Now, the reason bar codes are so powerful is tthereo are so damn many of them so they produce a very powerful field. The worst offenders are Bar Codes attached to media for some reason perhaps CDs and other media represent a greater perceived THREAT to the listener or confuse him while he's listening to music. At any rate, treating Bar Codes in the room and in other rooms of the house goes a long way in reducing certain distortions and improving the signal to noise ratio of the sound. What I'm going to present here is a simple and effective and inexpensive way to ADDRESS information fields of Bar Codes, by using ADDRESS labels printed in RED INK. Get it? Address information fields with address labels . Hahh

OK, here we go.

1. Materials needed

photo photo_26_zpsw1drh24k.jpg

The photo shows the message 'x = PRESENT TIME printed in RED INK on a sheet of Avery laser return address labels. In this case the labels are Avery 5195 Return Address Labels but other size labels are also available. It is best to use CLEAR labels, not white ones, as the messages are not as visible on the Bar Codes and don't stick out like a sore thumb. I also use larger size return address labels sometimes that fit two message or more per label. Now, I'm using the 'x = PRESENT TIME message for this illustration but there are other messages you can use as well, like

'x 26 'x and

your name > O.K. Such as G. Kait > O.K.

These particular message are suffiently powerful and work well. There are other messages, too, but for now, in Morphic Housekeeping 101 I will limit this discussion to 'x = PRESENT TIME

Attached: photo_26_zpsw1drh24k.jpg (760x1024, 122K)

2. Where are the Bar Codes?

Let's start with the hypothesis that ALL BAR CODES ARE BAD NEWS, shall we? The reason they are bad news, you know, from an audiophile point of view, is that they hurt the sound. They cause noise and distortion and reduce the EFFECTIVE SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO. The reason bar codes hurt the sound is because we are able to detect the bar codes in the room and in the house by what I think I can safely say is extra sensory perception. We pick up on the fields these Bar Codes produce as interference, but not interference on the audio signal anywhere in the system or even in the AC. Bar Codes can also be cut off and thrown away or removed with a Dremel tool. Bar Codes can be found on everything from batteries to food packages, to books, to CD jewel boxes, to shipping boxes, to LP record jackets, to merchandise packaging, to electronics to spice jars, beer bottles and household cleaning supplies, etc. The power of.a particular bar code is determined by the number of them that exist, as they are unique to the item on which it's found. So for an Energizer AA battery the number of them is on the high side. I also believe that some items present more of a threat than others, so batteries, books, CDs, cleaning fluids, electronics present more problems that say electrons, atoms, or ice cream bars.

3. What we hope to achieve?

What we are hoping to do in this exercise is reduce noise and distortion so that the more labels we apply to Bar Codes around the listening room as well as all around the house the sound gets more and more relaxed and transparent and clear. It slowing reveals it's TRUE NATURE. The sound that you begin to hear was IN THE ROOM THE WHOLE TIME, all these months and years. You just couldn't hear it completely or properly because the Bar Codes were interfering. There is some point, I can't say whether it's 100 labels, or two hundred labels, but three is a point when the scales are tipped and the sound breaks aways from the old typical,distorted and noisy and congested sound. The more Bar Codes you find and treat the better the sound will become,

5. Where do we go from here? - Morphic Housekeeping 201 and beyond.

OK, so where are we? We learned that bar codes are bad news and how we can treat them with certain messages in red ink. But bar codes are not the end of the story. Since objects themselves are linked to information fields of like items. So, no only does the barcode on the CD jewel box represent a field but the CD itself represents a filed. Same for LPs. And books, and even the phrases and words in book have fields associated with them! See where I'm going with this? As a teaser can I mention some of the more pernicious materials and shapes that have rather nasty field associated with them? Wood, Glass, copper, aluminum, steel, long slender shapes, you know like cables, square shapes like walls and 90 degree angles in bookcases and wall intersections, cement, plants and flowers in vases, hollow spaces. The very materials and shapes we use to construct our audio systems and listening rooms are the very things that hurt the sound. Anyone not see the irony? So, we have our work cut out for us. Better start printing those return address labels by the score. You're going to need 'em!

sides lost, i literally use samsung earbuds and an sf-666

For more fun, see here:
stereophile.com/content/morphic-housekeeping-101

Cant decide if flat earthers are more annoying or these fools...

why are they old?
I imagined it would be a numale thing

you need money

audophiles hear shits like pink floyd and yes from vynils

numales hear shits as arcade fire and tool from spotify

>not catering to their demands and taking every shekel they're willing to throw at you
This is why you'll always be a poorfag, goy.

cringe

Attached: omg.png (280x192, 129K)

what the fuck is this pure, unadulterated autism?

why exactly do you care? people are spending their money on what they believe?

>Not being a true audio enthusiast

Attached: ev30-6.jpg (1600x1279, 225K)

Ignoring the other images, this one looks like a bunch of dudes just checking out some speakers at Best Buy.

Odd photo choice considering Bryston isn't audiophile as much as it is a really good studio amp without a fan.

I bet this faggot still can't tell the difference between V2 and flac

Almost as bad as the people who complain about audiophiles.

Gaymershits, gun nuts, and audiophiles, these three groups and possible macfags are annoying as fuck

>Hoping for audio thread
>Just faggots crying about people they literally have never interacted with
Oh well.

please god don't let this be real.

>gun nuts

good morning reddit

and here we go, right on schedule

>Audiophiles are so dumb. They are the most annoying people on this planet.
It's not like they are spewing their autistic evangelion in your face. You have to be looking for them in order to come across them.
>Using Bryston as a bad example
You should know better, KYS
#livingthedream

Attached: e1a1a69488404b8458e61622e19fa266.jpg (1964x1156, 265K)

>numales hear shits as arcade fire and tool from spotify
>TOOL
First time I've felt triggered, it's like the second best rock band after Soen.

Attached: photo.jpg (800x452, 73K)

numale detected

Only manbabies listen to music, so of course people who dedicate a whole hobby to that would be ultra manbabies.

Audiophiles are just a kind of sound connoisseurs, aren't they?
I do think that this joke is pretty funny, though: "Usually a person buys a sound system so that he can listen to music. An audiophile buys music so that he can listen to his sound system."

But that lamp will cause your audio waves to diffract and create interference patterns! Uneducated scum

At least fleathers have a point

>numales hear shits as arcade fire and tool from spotify
Tool isn't even on Spotify you twat

>Audiophiles are just a kind of sound connoisseurs, aren't they?
It's like all enthusiasts. You have "normal" people who just want good equipment to enjoy the most out of music then you have people who spent insane amounts of money to get an increase in quality almost no one will actually notice.

Attached: es_open.jpg (698x565, 127K)

I'm completely lost, what on Earth is he blithering about

kek, is that unshielded copper wire?

What kind of device is it?

>They are the most annoying people on this planet.

you obviously never lived in a country with lots of muslims

NVM, found it:
youtu.be/J9CPmpx38ew
SHIEEET

all of my lossless music is in 16/44.1
there is N O R E A S O N for anyone to have high-resolution audio, lest you are a music producer. redbook audio is PERFECTLY GOOD AND WELL to listen to, yes even on expensive equipment. what matters most is that you are listening to a good master, if an itunes release of a song comes from a better produced master than the vinyl release, the itunes release will sound better despite being lossy. if I have an album that has a better master only with a hi-res release, i'll downsample to 16/44.1 to save space and have the bets sounding, most efficient version of that album.

audiophiles unfortunately operate on bogus information, i too used to be one.

I think mostly what people think of as "audiophile" here is the insane bullshit that seems to be accepted by some of these people, like spending $500 on porcelain risers to keep their triple shielded wires from touching the ground, keeping small bags of 'audio crystals' around to 'improve resonance', making sure none of the cables bend too much to avoid "electrons escaping causing signal loss". The greatest irony to me in all of this is that these people seem to be 40+ on average and probably can't hear above 16khz anyway.

what is this, and why would you post it without an explanation.

What is more important for good sound quality?
Bit rate or Sampling rate?
Which one affects the quality more?

Yes

Acoustic Revive RR-77.
A Schumann resonance generator, apparently.

Wearing only one sock cancels it out, moron

I do this.

Attached: okay.jpg (264x379, 18K)

You get dumber and dumber the more you read.

Attached: 1522030427005.png (842x792, 82K)

>there is N O R E A S O N for anyone to have high-resolution audio
I agree with you on that the mastering is the most important thing. But I disagree that 16/44.1 is good enough. It's good enough for me, but I can't hear beyond 16Khz. Some people can hear overtones beyond 20Khz.
I personally would not downsample a 24/96 to 16/44.1, maybe 24/48 because 44.1 isn't a even multiple of 96 and 48 won't take much more space than 44.1.
Many say that the samplerate is more important. That a 16/96 will sound better than a 24/44.1
That's why I always TL;DR :)

>you'll never get invited to watch cool movies at his place
Feels bad man

The reason I don't have a problem downsampling from 96 -> 44.1 is because that happens with CD production all the time, especially if working with an older master, and no matter how hard I try I can't tell the difference. Diminishing returns.

The biggest problem I have with 96 -> 44.1 is my OCD :)

These are a bit tangential to each other.
The sampling rate determines the frequency limits of the track.
For audio signals, this will limit you to half the sampling rate. CD standard Redbook rate (44.1 kHz sampling) is perfectly fine.
Bit rate is the space the track takes up for each duration of time of audio.
For PCM (think lossless uncompressed such as WAV), the bit rate is sampling rate multiplied by the bit depth. Compressed audio, whether lossless or lossy, will have a lower bit rate.

You still need to slide in a stopband filter for downsampling, unlike oversampling. Setting it up so that half-band methods can be used is nice and all, but that wasn't the requirement.

For me it's art, nothing more.

Attached: 18.png (698x525, 736K)

I'm very skeptical that it sounds any good

>V2 Vergeltungswaffe 2. The first ever long range guided missle used in WW2.

>flak Flugabwehrkanone. AA gun

checkmate dude

Probably enemelled

A typical audiophile?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=umM7la756Z0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Z9zjTRHoM

What makes Audiophiles annoying?

>muh golden ears
>muh cables
>muh no mainstream brands
>muh vintage
>muh 24/192 sauce
>muh tubes
>muh vinyl
>muh +22 KHz
>hurrr durrr blind test is not scientific muh feeling is better
>ect...

They are technically illiterate and they think bigger numbers or higher price = better.

It's a cult.

Attached: 1520693596806.jpg (548x412, 105K)

are those audio cables really touching his power cable? if you're gonna go through all that trouble why not raise it up with a book or something

literally nothing wrong with these
snakeoil meme cables
Its for a audio show. They are not going to spend days fixing the cable management
retro hi-fi setups look p cool desu
literally nobody bought this and it is laughed @ on audiophile forums
nice but the price/performance ratio is prob shit
horn speakers are very good at certain things but i don't think they are worth the cost or space.
>muh no mainstream brands
you can't honestly think skullcandy and beats sound good do you?

Attached: 1457574344723.png (359x414, 150K)

>skullcandy and beats
I nerver say that...I talk about maintream brands more like Yamaha, JBL, Onkyo etc. They hate it with passion.

youtube.com/watch?v=9uJvTnktq3E

to be fair all the brands you mentioned are pretty garbage price/performance DESU

Attached: IMG_5306.jpg (288x214, 36K)

T H I C C

>performance
Name me some better please

rct

When it comes to audio, it's quiet simple.
> Take various quality levels of audio files down to a magnolia room.
> Do not look at the price tag...
> Have the person walk through various ranges of music on the speakers... note your rating and which one you like the most...
> Look at prices
> Decide what's reasonable

I guarantee you there will be a notable increase in your experience as you move up the price range, there will be a sweet spot in the middle, and there will be diminishing returns and possibly even regression outside the sweet spot.

I've had various audio equipment over the years.
I mistakenly exposed myself to the higher end and have never been the same. It's the difference between listening to music and literally smiling ear to ear + having a religious experience. If you've never had such an experience, you've never had an audiophile equipment ... and yes, blind listening sessions with friends evoked similar sentiments. Then I tell them the price.

Questyle Audio
Monoprice
Audeze
Sennheiser
Focal
Mr Speakers
Audio Technica
Aperion Audio
Swan Speakers
Sony (MDR-Z1R is p dank)
Makie
Fostex
1MORE
Wharfedale
Klipsch
Beyerdynamic
ect...

Attached: 1456581084699.jpg (181x247, 21K)

Nice bait

I love the look of thicc cables like that

There's no harm in keeping around the highest quality music you can. I can't defend the weird hardware stuff they do.

audiobudget.com/product/Headroom/MS16
I don't know about that but this one gave me solid reviews about cheap and good chink earphones.

>only one sock
???

Only one ball,her ball.

>tuh gums!!!

Lol, apologizing for audiophiles.
Put it this way these guys are like a chick with downs syndrome being fucked by her carer
>Who cares, doesn't effect you. She's enjoying it!
Yes but just like these audio knobs she and they are being raped and with their limited capacity fir understanding cannot consent to the fornication

>because 44.1 isn't a even multiple of 96

Attached: 1523058406882.png (207x243, 6K)

Attached: 7.jpg (1198x796, 475K)

There designed to be thick so that he can hang himself with them when he realizes what a horrible mistake he made.

Attached: michael.png (750x732, 504K)

You poorfags crack me up

commie faggots obsessed with how other people spend their own money

But the most important sense is sound.

you forgot linax users

Attached: 2snapshot_00.48.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

Anyone try ATC speakers?

Attached: ATC-19-speaker_no-grill-651x1024-651x1024.png (651x1024, 670K)

Sorry mate, this isn't the audio general.

They might surprise you, actually, and of course require very little power. You see those things are powered by tube amps in that photo, but I bet they go pretty loud still.

Is it too much to ask to talk about speakers on a Saturday on Jow Forums?

Attached: 150888182032.png (620x450, 62K)

This is

Attached: notenoughvalves.jpg (1600x1066, 244K)

But does it have enough caps?

Attached: 4b933e_662a7eb4238842228a48703870dacb04~mv2_d_4752_3168_s_4_2.jpg (1960x990, 313K)

They are fucking idiots for blocking a fire exit.

why don't they turn the heat on?

Attached: cara-0y420.jpg (500x562, 58K)

>They are the most annoying people on this planet
wrong thats AMD drones for you