Why is Jow Forums so obsessed with programming and becoming a code monkey...

Why is Jow Forums so obsessed with programming and becoming a code monkey? Why does no one herr want to go into something like networking, infrastructure etc?

Attached: images (92).jpg (284x178, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-network-architects.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because most of Jow Forums are niggers, hence why they want to be code monkeys.

better than graphics card and other consumer tech

all those jobs pay like $40k a year. We're going after the money

I actually want to learn it all to better my chances of getting a job.

I think it's because most people here are lazy and alone so they think programming is something to validate their pathetic existence. Meanwhile all the chads went to school for electrical or mechanical engineering

No they dont you spastic. The top architects in many companies are on 250k+

Honestly 40K is good enough where I live. But then again in my area it would probably be closer to 30K

Programming just don't interest me. Actually working with tech (Desktop/Network support) is where my interest/skills lay.

There is a stigma of infrastructure/system engineering being less intellectually demanding and paying less

I know the less intellectually demanding part is dogshit, coding is so fucking simple-minded for me that I can't stand it. Only retards buy into the le epicc codergod meme, that's why we have so much shitty software nowadays.

Can't speak to the pay stigma though.

this. But I am getting burnt out of tech in general recently. Uncle Ted was right.

Attached: ted2.jpg (600x400, 103K)

Where I live, 40K is nice salary. just right. Not piss poor but not high up rich either. Right now I make just under 27K a year, which for here is almost middle of the spectrum.

>local programming jobs pay between 80k - 120k based on experience
You tell me

where are you located and what disciplines pay 80k with no experience?

yeah its a good salary. I make 22K a year which is near bottom but still miles better than mim wage at least.

>22k
>27k
>30k
>40k

I see Jow Forums is finally waking up and realizing tech salaries aren't nearly as good as they are made out to be.

For me writing my own code is more interesting than configuring someone else's programs.
Configuring programs, environments, deployments etc. is the least enjoyable part whenever have to do anything related to it.
In short, in terms of enjoyment:
writing new stuff > extending/maintaining old stuff >>> configuring old stuff
And also the money.

Architects are very senior programmers who decided they don't want to be managers. Not admins.

I make 22K as a slave though, I'm not in tech, I want to get into it to escape slavery.

because programming is actually creative and fulfilling?

>Architects are very senior programmers
Architect doesn't mean programmer in the large majority of cases you spaz. Fuck off and look at things outside of your code monkey lens.

because coding (programming), is the most noble task known to man

Because Networking is for Associates degree losers and Pajeets.

>He defines his worth as a man by his job.
Unless you are a doctor or a firefighter nobody is going to care.

Attached: 1504406553123.jpg (1024x1024, 168K)

>programmer calling others pajeets
wew

Every professor at my uni that did networking research was a pajeet, the actual intro to csci and software engineering professors were old white dudes.

Yes they are nigger. They're essentially the entire programming backbone of the project planning out and integrating in exactly everything to work together

Because the fell for "coding" is "easy" meme.

>letting your choice of fields, both of which are full of pajeets be influenced by the race of your professors
You are an absolute fucking mong

Jesus christ. Branch out faggot. That is not the type of Architect i'm talking about. Kill yourself jesus.

Then use your words to tell us what you're talking about Kyle

Are you serious? Architect and director positions open up when you're not a code monkey. With a code monkey job you'll start higher than some but cap out much quicker as well with minimal room for improvement unless you're not socially retarded and can actually do some management level stuff.

But astronauts and pilots are more respected than both. And nobody gives a shit about doctors, only surgeons

DYOR faggot

Lmao okay thanks for admitting you're a retard

This thread started with mentioning things like networking and hybrid cloud infrastructure, what type of architect do you fucking think im talking about you simple cunt.

An imaginary job title you made up

Jesus christ you are dumb. Keep at the code monkey job mate. I'm sure you'll succeed.

networking isn't as sexy as muh apps/muh anime-gayms or whatever the 4channers are wasting their life on these days, also a lot harder (to be fair i only assert this to imagine the split-second triggering of whatever bitch-user reads this).

Only the trve h4xx3r may arduously descend and respect the depths of networking, user, and only after this feat is one capable of programming in a more or less un-gay way.

bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-network-architects.htm

Just to give one quick example from literally the first google hit. I'm not even the guy you're arguing with you just clearly have no real world experience with what jobs are out there.

because everyone on this board is austistic and can't handle dealing with people face to face without stuttering and seeming like a sweaty neckbeard

Attached: case1.png (1160x1280, 845K)

Why did you post a picture of an HDD?

> (You)
>Why did you post a picture of an HDD?
idk

i thought networking was for IT monkeys and webdev

Because I have no idea where to even start with networking. It'd be cool as shit to learn, though.

Attached: 1520386526961.gif (316x213, 3.89M)

It's literally just for it monkeys

Holy fuck son I hope you're talking about Euros

40k in dollarydoos or ameribucks is starvation wages

Because programming is actually creative sometimes.

Because sys admins are just programmers who dropped out

Attached: 1374569262591.jpg (1600x900, 267K)

where the hell do you live? if you make 40k in my country you are basically in poverty

This is a board for gaymur cucks and cuckputer “scientists”

Fuck u m8
Your just fucking mad you don’t have the IQ for this type of work

As if CS is an actual engineering discipline. No one is impressed by your sick JavaScript skills faggot. They teach your job in 3 months at bootcamps, thousands upon thousands of CS students graduate every year while they only make CS degrees easier and easier to attain and you think that shit will last?

I’m a cs major/gamer and I can’t stop jerking off to BBC in that tiny Elsa jean. I think I’m gonna go play with my boipucci and lock my clity in a cage and watch some blacked raw

boohoo another engineer. cs is way fucking harder than engineering faggit that’s fact

youll likely need to learn some sort of programming in most tech fields
i wouldnt want to work with a sys admin who couldnt automate tasks
and i dunno what you expect "networking" to be with out at least some sort of command line utility or environment
which at that point like, why not script out shit
like it doesnt have to be full on ansible but you should script out deployments and bootstraps

Attached: IMG_20180405_211509_160.jpg (478x478, 77K)

>way fucking harder
It's all dick measuring.