Can we get a de- google thread going?

Can we get a de- google thread going?

Attached: Google-evil.jpg (600x400, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/NEW-7-inch-Capacitive-Screen-car-GPS-Navigation-SAT-NAV-128M-4GB-CPU800M-FM-Multi-language/32815183360.html
wiki.9gridchan.org/public_grid/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I no longer install GAPPS on my android devices. Not too hard to find alternatives to everything except youtube and gmail. Use the stock lineage os email app and newpipe for youtube

Any tips on using apps that need google play installed to run?
I'm not using gapps on my new phone and instead just downloading the essential apks on my gapps phone and sending them to my non-gapps phone but a lot of them claim to need google play services to function, anyone got a workaround for this?

Google dropped the 'don't be evil' motto in 2009, bub.

F-droid is a great FOSS repository and Yalp Store pulls apks directly from the Play Store.

Look up microG. It's foss apis that essentially trick apps into thinking that play services is installed.

Forgot one thing. I haven't found a good alternative to google maps yet. May just say fuck it and install wayzes (i know its google)

Its still the unofficial motto.

No, they dropped it officially completely. You can call it the 'unofficial' motto if you like but the only people that think it's still the motto are the people who didn't realise that google distanced themselves from it when they decided to go balls deep in the hyperdata industry.

It never was their official moto.
Also, ever since the original two guys stopped calling the shots it's been botnet. It's just taken most this long to realize.

>le epic alt right culture warrior face

this, don't forget the soy

I now run my own search engine, email service and link shortener in a Docker-enabled server. Pretty soon I'm adding p2p file sharing (based off instant.io), encrypted chat, encrypted pastebin (probably based off hastebin), full encryption suite (that I call WCET, Web Client for Encryption and Transmission) that supports generating/using RSA keys, SHA1/256/512 hashes, various AES encryption schemes, and some other stuff.
I'm hoping to create a small community to use these, because at least for the search engine, the more people using it, the more anonymous we all are.

>I now run my own search engine
Get a good name and a good logo for it and start shilling it here. What do you use for the search engine, by the way? YaCy?

>he wants a board full of pajeets and CIA false-flaggers to know about anti-botnet

I've got a good name, just working on UI/UX and logo.
>search engine
I cloned Searx and added some tweaks to make it a bit better. I'm pretty fond of it, but it has a few issues I'm working on. Will probably add a PR when I'm done for some of the features.

>finally disable the stupid play store and the entire useless gapps that were eating memory and battery
>the device start internally convulsing, chaning the date, changing the keyboard for no reason
>ignore for some days
>one morning "encryption failed"
>can even be reset by factory, the device is bricked

>2018
>owning a smartphone

What do you use for maps?

Install TWRP and wipe data+cache.

You can use waze

This looks good, thanks user.

HERE maps is also good

Is startpage really the best search alternative? I've noticed it doesn't take as unbearably long to load results as I remember it used to these days

If you've got some server skillz, I'd highly recommend self-hosting Searx. It's bretty good in my opinion.

searx is is still in beta though. Startpage is good as a semi-botnet alternative

That's true. I don't know enough about Startpage, but from what I hear, it ain't half bad.

>Owned by Google

>Trying this hard to not function in the real world

Not that user, but osmand is pretty decent nowadays.
There is also maps.me

Anything that keeps GApps off the phone is an improvement.

>using dropbox
help

>cuckcuckgo provides shit search results
>yandex is a russian botnet
>startpage is worthless
>no google Gmaps alternative
>No really decent Gmail alternatives
>Everybody uses google docs to collab on shit
I want to get away but I feel like it's impossible. There's not even a decent browser anymore because they've thrown so much money at making the chromium binary botnet engine so fucking fast.

I'd like to ask you 1 reason why you need a smartphone in the ''real world''.
GPS? google maps? c'mon now...

OsmAnd has never quite cut it for me. Here looks like a good replacement, even if it's unfortunately still proprietary.

>>No really decent Gmail alternatives

Try Fastmail. It's a paid service, but that also means you're the customer not the product and there's no advertising at all.

aliexpress.com/item/NEW-7-inch-Capacitive-Screen-car-GPS-Navigation-SAT-NAV-128M-4GB-CPU800M-FM-Multi-language/32815183360.html

safer than smartphone GPS: no internet required, no identification required.

This logic is highly ironic if you install Waze.

Constant email access for one.

>$3/mo for 2GB
nah

>Don't let Google track you, let China track you!

I specifically mean the GApps infrastructure, which installs with full system privileges and botnets Android.

>GPS satellite
>china

>let China track you!

Well fuck it, at least they won't cooperate with law enforcement in western countries.

I feel u senpai
I have cuckgo as my primary search engine but probably only use it 20% of the time since its shit for troubleshooting

>microG

Thanks this is just what I have been looking for.

>startpage is worthless
Actually it's better than plain google. If you don't mind botnet there are other alternatives like Swisscows and Qwant

>android
fucking kek you're fucked regardless

>$3/mo

You'll blow $36 a year on much less important shit than your primary email address.

>Constant email access for one.
>What is 13" laptop
>actually using email outside your home

I unironically own an iPhone and use Apple Maps. At least they respect my privacy more than Google does.

Shit like this doesn't even warrant a response. A 13" laptop is not even remotely comparable to something that fits in the size of your palm, and literally every single adult with any kind of actual job is constantly using their email all the time. Does a client have a question? Is the project manager trying to do something stupid? Does the CEO have an announcement? Is there an emergency that I need to remote in for? Did somebody just log into one of my accounts? Did I just get an email about something I didn't buy off amazon being sent out?
We don't live in the fucking stone age anymore buddy

does it support thunderbird? looking to switch but have way to many emails by now
also do you know if they have some family plans?

the urbanite mindset is destroying our civilization

It supports regular IMAP and works fine with K9Mail, so I assume it should work with Thunderbird. No idea about bulk options.

>not running your own email server

Well I do have to pay for the domain, and I've been spending to up the reliability of my server, and I'll be likely buying replacement hardware to minimise downtime...

This is sounding less and less appealing, but the upside is I was going to spend the money anyway since it's a hobby.

>semi-botnet alternative
what about the others like duckduck, or qwant?

the fuck are you on about?

Do you know where you are?

I want to get rid of google because its a malicious, proprietary data harvester.

they are valid too

>Technology is bad! Wah!
In the 20's it was expected you would regularly check your postal mail and be available through it.
In ye olde feudal ages it was expected your whereabouts would be known by your family in case your liege ever needed you.
This shit isn't new. It's literally how society works.

Right now I'm using an open maps app in f-droid called Maps. It's really pretty shit-tier for anything other than getting to cities.

Luckily I don't really need maps that often. However, if I did I'd probably install Waze and then uninstall it after I'm done with it.

Wish I knew of a good way to sandbox it so it doesn't have any access to my data it gets thru all of it's permissions.

>Sits in his parents basement all day
You really have no room to talk on urbanite culture

>Wish I knew of a good way to sandbox it

LineageOS has Privacy Guard in addition to the standard Android permissioning system.

>Saying technology is bad
>On a piece of technology
>On a technology image board
Whew lad

I know. I doubt it's really that good.

Could be wrong tho, come to think of it I haven't done that much looking into it.

I'm hoping to switch roms soon anyways but unfortunately Lineage OS is the only one I (((kinda))) trust for my phone. Copperhead OS and Paranandroid and AOSP extendes don't have official roms for Athene.

Instead of denying permissions, it gives the application an empty dataset so that it functions normally regardless. It does a pretty good job.

That's pretty cool.
So while running say Waze, it's obviously still tracking you. But I wonder if it can make the connection that it's you without play services installed?

Get off the google and the unix and get on the /grid/ and the 9front

wiki.9gridchan.org/public_grid/index.html

Attached: 9frontsystem09.png (500x329, 849K)

daily reminder that adnauseam hits em where it hurts.

Attached: 5kshekels.jpg (1328x880, 276K)

I would imagine at the very least it can correlate the IP address to other accounts that have been accessed from the same IP. The best you can do is give these fuckers as little information as possible.

There is OpenStreetMaps.

It's pretty autistic from my uses.

I cOuLd rUn EvErYtHiNg ThRu tOr