Fermi series GPUs are FINISHED

Fermi series GPUs are doomed and will no longer be supported after January 2019. They are actually announcing it, they are going to make them obsolete and herd you into buying new overpriced GPUs. The GPP, re-releasing the 1030 in a much slower version with DDR4 instead of GDDR4 RAM while pretending it's the same card, like they did with the 1060 3 GB version, and other horrific crimes against everyone. When will it end? How far will they go? What's worse is that the Nouveau still lacks proper support for this card because NVidia refuses to provide the documentation and information needed to re-clock it properly. This means that everyone, not only Windows users, will be screwed over when Fermi support ends at the start of 2019.

Attached: ynvyPP0.jpg (640x457, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4654
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

k

nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4654
> Effective April 2018, Game Ready Driver upgrades, including performance enhancements, new features, and bug fixes, will be available only on Kepler, Maxwell, and Pascal series GPUs. Critical security updates will be available on Fermi series GPUs through January 2019. A complete list of Fermi series GeForce GPUs can be found

So no new driver updates as of today, and no more security updates either starting next year. And no 32-bit OS support for any cards, even new ones.

a kek to the idiots who use these with loonix.
new xserver version in 3... 2... 1...

Nothing of value was lost.

Fermi was deprecated years ago by Nvidia (Second-generation Kepler). They just made sure that Fermi work under DX10/DX11 that's it.

And this is why you use AMD cards that have AMDGPU support. It just werks.

Kepler is next!

but user how do you run your neural nets?

waiting for the shitstorm when they kill Maxlel cards, these seem to be the most popular ones so far.

Neural nets? Do you have brain damage or something? You think that a card with neural nets will cure your autism?

Cannot wait! Open source your linux drivers or DIE!

>muh Deep Learning™
I thought that 2+2 gave you 3.5 on the Titan Volta. And you had to pay for more than double the price of the AMD competition with a negligible increase in performance.

holy fucking shit, this is my last card with nvidia, time to use these open source drivers

Nouveau is shit.

Next year. And Maxwell support will be dropped in 2020. RIP my GTX 960 then.

kys

>neural nets?
You use the TensorFlow OpenCL branch, obviously. Yes, that's a thing now, its' no longer CUDA only.

Exactly. Nouveau is shit and will stay shit because NVidia refuses to provide any support at all and they are even preventing it from becoming good by using signed hardware blobs.

>no 32-bit OS support for any cards
Considering that all new graphics-intensive games can't run on 32-bit systems simply because they need 4+ GB of RAM, how is that a problem?

Not good... I've got a fermi card, and it's not even especially old, I bought it in 2014 to replace my previous video card from 2007 which broke down.

Oh well, I guess I should get a new computer within a couple of years anyway, my current PC is over 10 years old now

>TFW AMD ceased support for their 5/6000 series years ago

Who tf is still on fermi anyways? Even my shitty eGPU setup has a 750Ti I got for $65.

If you're using a older computer then you're obviously not going to run the just-released games that you can't run. And now you're stuck with no driver updates and no free driver.

There's actually people who are working actively on the good old free r600g driver and it's still improving. The support for these cards on GNU/LInux is excellent. But yes, shame on AMD for not supporting it in their binary blob driver, Wintendo losers can't use the free driver and are screwed.

I don't know.

I think integrated graphics is around the speed of Fermi at this point.

>Ryzen G2400 is as fast as a GTX580

Attached: 1497758054068.png (5000x5000, 208K)

Legacy nvidia drivers gets updated for new xorg versions, even Geforce 8 still gets them.

AMD Drivers have terrible support for new Xorg versions and they completely drop support for cards.

Nvidia always supports the latest Xorg pre-release and supports its older cards with legacy drivers that are up to date as well.

R600g is in the process of getting OpenGL 4.5, FOSS is great for this old devices
Keep lying to yourself, the proprietary Nvidia driver doesn't work half of the time on their older cards, and they refuse to actually support Wayland even on their latest cards
AMD is easily ahead of Nvidia since AMDGPU started supporting more cards, and for older cards R600g is stating to outperform the proprietary drivers on every platform while getting more features

GTX 500 series is over 7 years old and will be 8 years old when security updates stop, why do you guys care? You realize the only reason AMD still supports the HD 7000 series is because it's GCN, right? They dropped the HD 6000 series like a hot potato.

Now this is blatant shilling. We aren't in the fglrx times anymore.

>responding to tripfag posts
How new can you be?

Why should I care? I havn't updated my drivers at all since I installed the card (no reason to). Works fine as is. I don't play new games so this card will do me a long time.

>X is finished!

Attached: g in a nutshell 1.png (1000x1000, 83K)

Kepler should be finished too