Reddit embraces the web 4.0

Responsive design and HTML 5 won

reddit.com/r/linux programming

When is Jow Forums getting a new facelift too?

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/reddit-fancy-new-redesign-desktop/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Jow Forums development
>malware ads that can't be blocked
>reddit development
>an actual redesign
makes me really wonder

If you can't see it yet, there are an explanation and screenshots here - cnet.com/news/reddit-fancy-new-redesign-desktop/

the only way to make webpages is xhtml... but it was abandoned because wedtards cannot deal with errors.

4.0? I thought we were at 2.0? What happened to 3.0?

Attached: 1497762542209.png (183x275, 4K)

>When is Jow Forums getting a new facelift too?
Jow Forums *got* a new facelift like four-five years ago. At least, the URLs changed and a lot of third-party Jow Forums scraper webapps appeared overnight. I assume the UX/UI looks mainly the same, but the architecture here has actually be re-architectured already at least once.

holy fuck that picture is literally you

>snoo
What is this shit?

"Malware ads that can't be blocked"? You mean "malware ads that I'm too stupid to block" :)

Attached: d24.jpg (1926x1210, 203K)

2.0 - introduction of "ajax"
3.0 - tons of js libraries for everything, super heavy sites
4.0 - minimalism, responsiveness, mobile-first, white space, disability/gender awareness

blockable ads > nushit webdesign

>screen is totally blank without JS
>lol jk just the part you see is blank
>the rest of the page is down there

What the fuck?

Attached: gotta suck ya penis.jpg (578x456, 78K)

I think you mean material design? Minimalism would be returning to 1.0

>site content flashes for a brief second then disappears
this is even more pure cancer because the content isn't even loaded through javascript it just decides that "fuck you, you're not enabling javascript so i'll show you this white overlay instead"

>Imageboard
>Facelift
No thanks, I don't want this place to start using infinity chan bullshit JS all over the place creating a cluttered fucking mess

MYSQL CONNECTION FAILURE

>It's literally identical to the old layout, but now with rounded corners
>Will add 18MB of JS bloat
Web developers are fucking idiots

It's what happens when you let people off a leash.

Technological advancement was a mistake.

How does it flash with js disabled? Retard

Pls go back
pls

Attached: thedon.png (300x142, 27K)

>Will add 18MB of JS bloat
No one in a first world country cares about this because it's not a problem when you have a gbit connection and unlimited data

That's not the point, Pajeet/nu-dev.

>Bloat is okay because I'm an idiot
It's not about pulling in 18MB of javascript, though that is a part of it. It's about now having to fucking chew threw all of that just to render the goddamn page. It's slow, it's wasteful, and it's retarded. It accomplishes *nothing* that can't be accomplished with some CSS and maybe one or two lines of JS.

Resources are asynchronously loaded so you may see a part of the website in this case the text before the css finishes loading. I think you’re the retard. It may be an overlay that is removed by js so if it’s not allowed then it doesn’t get removed

i laffed more than i should have.

Imageboard design is pinnacle of message board design to be honest.

This has not dated at all in 16 years.

Whoever came up with this shit was a genius.

>one or two lines of JS

fuck are you retarded

Name of the Reddit alien

pretty close, but not really at this moment
especially for longer threads, you'd really want some better organization than what it is now, ie. people replying to each other in a linear fashion can quickly get unreadable, on the other hand the naive tree view of parent/children from other board software is pure cancer and unreadable as well
imageboards without the floating post preview would be unusable, and while this feature does not require javascript, pure html solutions are a mess and i don't think there's any imageboard software which can show post previews without javascript
i wrote my own POC chin engine without javascript and it kinda worked

>Jow Forums development
>fast site with proper visual view for laptop/desktop users without molerat eyes

>reddit development
>still a slow laggy shitty broken piece of shit code
>a design that looks like a visual hipster turd
>malware users

So you want UseNet with pictures?

i don't know what usenet is or does, sorry

We are getting too old.

that would be pretty cool

Isn't reddit that site that turned every page load into like 4MB of javascript bloat when they redid their mobile site?

I sometimes think that it's time for me to just hang up my hat and leave the web. What I came here for is almost entirely gone or dying wherever I look.

>amgload and piguiqproxy is back
It's all so tiresome.

web10 = author generated content
web20 = user generated content
web30 = auto generated content

Web development was a mistake

web40 = botnet gentoorated content

web50 = a single unskippable youtube ad

web60 = the web needs a bank account to function

uh, when? it still looks like the same garbage site here.

Attached: DaNe7FMVAAAHJ1w (1).jpg (1638x2048, 248K)

If you guys like it so much you can use it instead

Web70, REST API is implemented on people. Anybody can do an http verb on you to get any private detail of your life

>literally the same fucking shit
>1000% more JS
why.

I post here all the time from shitboxes that can't handle JavaScript and the lack of the floating preview really isn't that bad, just a matter of clicking on the post and then hitting the back button.

Maybe if you were reading a post full of quotes I could see it though, but 99.9% of those are pure shitposts anyway.

>imageboards without the floating post preview would be unusable
newfaggot leave

is this the power of
RESPONSIVE DESIGN

Attached: Untitled.png (487x641, 57K)