What went so wrong with Apple?

What went so wrong with Apple?

Attached: unixad.jpg (1094x720, 369K)

>designed by brainlet hipsters instead of engineers
>built with cheapest lowest quality shit parts
>sold and marketed by snakeoil salesmen
>targeted at brain dead technology illiterates

This. Plus, they're on their regular downslope. Every decade or so the company goes batshit crazy and produces shit-tier products before coming out with something revolutionary and pulling themselves from it.

Job's Death, Soy, Normies, SJWs, etc.

Poorfags

>he thinks Apple was ever good

Attached: Byte Magazine May 1983.jpg (473x631, 184K)

>Sample size: 1

They used to make great machines for audio/animation/editing etc. The ipod was great, so was the iphone & kinda even the ipad.
Not so much anymore.

Man, it was the rugged pioneer days. Almost nobody had reliable computer hardware back then.

They've stopped machines for people that do things (i.e. music editing, video rendering...) and shifted their attention to niggers and gays.

Power supplies were already know things, trains used switch-mode power supply at this time. For motor power regulation, for other circuits. Well, even TVs used switch mode power supplies at 1983

Any power supply you can get today will be better than whatever was around in the 80s and yes, TVs had switching PSUs, but I doubt that an 80s TV is more reliable than a modern one.

My dad had an Atari 800 and it would occasionally freeze up because the connectors would work their way out of the sockets.

Like the guy in the column said, it was a PITA when you were trusting your livelihood and vital data to the things.

Not quite true. Some modern PSUs are just shit. (i.e. Appel chargers)

Woz never got time in the limelight.

Technical shit scares millenials. That Ad would actually scare them off.
That's also why there's babbie speak everywhere now and actual failure codes and shit hidden.

Attached: 1422073478910.jpg (249x250, 7K)

The TRS-80 Model I was dogshit, everyone knows that--it's where the Trash 80 nickname came from. Bit surprised at the negativity towards the Apple II since we've always been told that Apple had high quality, reliable hardware.

Nothing wrong at all.
Name me another remotely equally profitable entity on the planet.

The Apple II+ wasn't that reliable, at least not by modern standards. One reason was that it had a really big motherboard with over 100 ICs, the whole thing having high power usage/heat output and all those ICs creating many failure points. The IIe was intended to reduce the chip count and cut down on heat/power use.

They also didn't key the disk drive cable and lots of people damaged their disk controllers by accidentally plugging it in upside-down.

>Bit surprised at the negativity towards the Apple II since we've always been told that Apple had high quality, reliable hardware.

Apple has a very extensive propaganda machine/fanboys who are willing to ignore/excuse all of their failings.

>Not delivering power separately to floppy
Fucking appel

Also Apple back then liked to use shitty Micron RAM in their computers because it was cheaper than NEC, Fujitsu, or some other reputable brand.

The guy says in the next page that the Apple II is good for gaming but too limited for serious tasks and he'd rather use some professional-grade S100 machine to write Pascal code.

my 13" laptop will run two 4k monitors. keep being salty non macbook owners