Python crowned as the best programming language 2018

Python crowned as the best programming language 2018

technotification.com/2018/04/python-best-programming-language-2018.html

> already knew

Attached: 1024px-Python-logo-notext.svg.png (1024x1024, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/python/cpython/blob/3a9ccee0e5dbf7d67f5ab79f6095755969db117c/Python/ceval.c#L780-L790
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By who??

we the people

>only public and private modifiers
>__
Even Java is better.

at least we all agree Ruby is trash

I may sound like an ignorant newbie, but I am surprised to see C so high up. I would have expected to see Java, Javascript higher up than C, seeing how popular they are.

>DUDE I should be able to hide code from itself!
(you)

>By Arvind Kumar

Attached: terry chimpout.png (990x682, 580K)

Just prefix private members with _. LMAOing at your life Pajeet.

>GIL
>best at anything

Pathetic.

GIL is without a doubt a huge drawback to the language.

oh no, it's retarded :(

HOW MANY INTERPRETERS DO WE NEED TO MAKE THIS SYSTEM WORK?
LETS TRY ONE DOZEN
OHHHH I LOVE PYTHON

Attached: 1521487286729.png (406x452, 33K)

Python is objectively the best language, only brainlet faggots think otherwise

> Cool Tech Writer cum Reviewer
It actually says that.

Attached: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (385x385, 28K)

>> meme Monty syntax
into the garbage it goes

I just love how over represented high level programmers are on the internet. Nearly nobody gives a fuck about embedded software.
If these people really consider python and other high level languages like Java to be superior, why aren't they used in embedded development?

I've been looking for some helpful cum reviews, seems this guy has what I need.

Sometimes if I get bored I write spambot scripts in Python to harass obscure online forums for entertainment

hint of onion, a rich earthy flavor

>inb4 it's latin

>C in 2nd even though there's quite literally no reason to use it outside of making embedded shit and contributing to the Linux kernel
>Java, the most employed language, in 5th
>Javascript, the fucking essential part of 95% of all webpages, behind Perl which nobody uses
>C# not even on the list, but somehow Ruby made it
>the winner is an inefficient, slow and ugly language that encourages you to import 300 meme frameworks from 3rd parties to perform one task because the libraries it comes with can't do anything beyond basic arithmetic
>nebulous "Others" category that wins over 2/3 of the graph
>languages that are nominated by Linux Journal readers via Twitter
that explains it

>__ is private
>_ is protected
Also what this guy said Public, protected and private are just hints for the programmer. Python isn't a brainlet language like Java. It assumes that you aren't retarded and don't need somebody to hold your hand and point you towards whatever the author of the language considers to be best practice.
Every language allows you to bypass it anyway but usually it's ridiculously verbose for no reason.

because people hate jobs where you can't get away with doing a fucking crap job

Nothing like a typeless language where a new object is created for variable v every time you reassign v.

>It assumes that you aren't retarded and don't need somebody to hold your hand and point you towards whatever the author of the language considers to be best practice.
Yeah, it just assumes you already know what "best practice" is and coughs up a 20-object-deep stack trace if you deviate from the path

kek

Use of "cum" is legit, the rest is trash

Its nothing new, when Java came out, it was hailed as the best language ever. Same with perl, and now python. All these languages come as trends, and they're hailed as the best thing ever since sliced bread. It goes something like this

>clueless business guy 1- "man this X language it great, its increasing our profits and reducing the costs etc etc. I don't know shit about it but i'll talk anyway because i need a conversation topic hehe"
>clueless business guy 2- *Hmm if this guy says X is good, then it must be. I'll be sure to mention this to other clueless business guys. Also better hire an X dev*

And the above goes on forever. So now you have a clueless community who demands a particular technology X to be used just because others are using it, not because of its wonderful engineering, or any other legit cause. Then the X technology community becomes smug as hell and very vocal on the internet because they don't know much about tech and wouldn't have been able to get a job if it weren't for clueless business guys

Local variables are preallocated pointers and all that happens when you reassign a variable is that a pointer changes value.
github.com/python/cpython/blob/3a9ccee0e5dbf7d67f5ab79f6095755969db117c/Python/ceval.c#L780-L790

>Defending Java
>Proclaims Perl is essential in more web pages than Javascript but "nobody uses it"
>says python is a slow, ugly language that encourages you to import 300 languages which is 100% applicable to Java if not moreso
So uh, what do you think of the latest Apple update? And how about that HTML haha?

Attached: eyes.png (640x640, 89K)

Come now, Java can't be slower than Python, I mean, nothing can be slower than Python, right?

Attached: eyes.png (2829x2160, 30K)

Just throw pypy on it and any relevant performance difference disappears.
Unless you're writing math heavy code in which case you should be using the gpu or fortran anyway.

Python was released in 1991

>when Java came out, it was hailed as the best language ever
>same with python now
Python is almost 30 years old.

>>Defending Java
not defending it, merely stating facts

>>Proclaims Perl is essential in more web pages than Javascript but "nobody uses it"
great reading comprehention

>>says python is a slow, ugly language that encourages you to import 300 languages which is 100% applicable to Java if not moreso
Arguing that Java is as slow or slower than Python is just retarded, it'll always be faster than a language run by an interpreter locked to a single thread. Java has made leaps and bounds in terms of execution speed since the whole "lel java is slow xdd" meme started. Also Java standard libraries are a LOT more rich than Python's so you don't have to import as much 3rd party shit. Like I said, Python can't do anything beyond basic arithmetic. Even then it doesn't even matter if you import 3000 libraries into your project since it all gets compiled to bytecode anyway

>Being stupid enough to confuse a language with an implementation

python code reads like a homeless half-baked interpretation of the same vision that inspired ruby
especially the spaghetti syntax for lambdas

Hurr let me show you how smart I am by playing semantics

You haven't answered my questions, friend, I'm interested in those two subjects!

>Still hasn't figured out that there are other implementations of python which do not have the GIL

whom*

>typeless
lol

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? FUCK OFF NECK YOURSELFF

Guess which one OPs article is talking about?

/* The SETLOCAL() macro must not DECREF the local variable in-place and
then store the new value; it must copy the old value to a temporary
value, then store the new value, and then DECREF the temporary value.
This is because it is possible that during the DECREF the frame is
accessed by other code (e.g. a __del__ method or gc.collect()) and the
variable would be pointing to already-freed memory. */
We are moving the old PyObject away from the pointer and referencing the new PyObject before freeing the old one. How is that not creating a new object whenever we reassign a local variable?

Which part of that do you think is creating a new object?
Moving the old PyObject is not creating a new object because that just requires a pointer on the stack
Referencing the "new" PyObject is not creating a new object, it's just copying the pointer of an existing object.

penis hole

Pardon me for being a mobilefag tonight, but is PyObject a struct that doesn’t really care what its contents are? If so, GETLOCAL()’s simplicty makes a lot more sense, and I can see why a new object might not be created, but reassigned.

popularity != good, pajeet. C is so god tier it revolutionized software and every language after it ripped it off. Java and javascript are so bad nobody wants to vote for them.

PyObject only contains the reference count and a pointer to the type of the object. There's other fields after that depending on the type but those are invisible to the code in question.

C is a cheap clone of B for a machine architecture older than your mother

>semantic whitespace

some of these disagreements about langs give me a fucking headache.
They're languages, not religions.
When you guys go to Germany do you bitch at everyone about how French is better?

>Java standard libraries are a LOT more rich than Python's
>said apache and guava's slave
It is still true though compared to python meme.

Everything is a cheap clone of algol and FORTRAN

t. Produces buggy dogshit code that can't be debugged and also never works with teammates

>It assumes that you aren't retarded
Defective by design.

>the absolute state of Jow Forums

Underrated. Keep it up.

>using tabs/spacing instead of parentheses

Attached: 1344618430840.jpg (713x628, 59K)

*whom

I'm coding in rust which is pretty restrictive and I don't see any problems with "we are all adults here" approach in python.

I never had any issue with that although, I always assumed this whole public/private thing a bit stupid.

>Does your guy's autism overflow into all aspects of life
yes

t. fucking retard who can't stop himself from calling a function beginning with _

>what are underscores

it wasn't very popular several years ago, and several years before that, it was obscure
but you'd know that if you weren't a newfag.

sjw faggot tranny

What you fags don't understand is that python has the idea right. If you need a way to jail off code from other people then there is something wrong with your team. _ suggests that code shouldn't be accessed directly, if somebody makes a PR using it then don't merge it. If somebody accesses it directly in their own project then who gives a fuck?

>Faggot language with code "jails"
>Oh no my implementation doesn't work - now I need to refactor my class so I can write tests for the implementation
Nigger

the real reason python doesn't have public/private is because concurrency is broken

Attached: glaugh.jpg (500x370, 59K)

Concurrency is a stupid fad

>Dynamically typed

Attached: python-logo-master-flat.png (1487x645, 43K)

Someone's never been to /lit/.

>le python is interpreted meme

>like writing comfy code in ruby
>get shat on relentlessly on Jow Forums for it
y tho ;_;

Is Python to the 2010s what FORTRAN was to the 1970s?