Give me one reason to switch from 8.1 to 10

Give me one reason to switch from 8.1 to 10

Attached: aryan_giraffe_32x_Sega.jpg (1024x496, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/configure-windows-diagnostic-data-in-your-organization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has identical botnet, but more secure.

Wait til 2023 for the switch.

Just stay on win8.1 until people start not targetting your OS for programs you need.

Then you jump to linux, because by then it will be better than win 8.1 at anything you need anyway.

Use Windows 7

Use windows LTSB and activate it with VLMCSD.
Install dws(open source) to disable spyware.
In gpedit change telemetry settings to off/security.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/configure-windows-diagnostic-data-in-your-organization

follow this if you are a paranoid after dws.

DWS is an unsupported hack. Use ShutUp10 instead.

... until 2020, when both hardware and software support ends. Oops.

none.
don't change

>software support ends
So?

Doesn't spits on your face for using mouse and keyboard

>using outdated, buggy/insecure software

Because better technology. The same reason you wouldn't want to use your old flip-flop phone right now. Comfy or not.

Using windows 10 instead of 8.1 is more akin to using a modern phone without the notch and with headphone jack.

Window 10 is getting buggier with every update. They don't give a shit anymore. Seriously, moving cursor in some programs like 7zip or even in the system file explorer itselft (in some cases that can be demonstrated) causes your mouse to jump around the screen. This bug has been known for long and reported before, nothing happened and this is just an example.
Windows are dying. The era of apple, smartphones and cloud devices arrives. Nobody will give a shit about Linux ever. No more comfy computing in the future.

Yeah that update wasn't nice at all. This April was is comfy af.. Official RTM hasn't been released yet its so nice

That is probably the worst analogy I have read this year, I'm not even kidding. It's more like using Android Marshmallow instead of Oreo. Most applications work the same. The difference between 10 and 8.1 is a different theme, support for different store apps, of which the vast majority can't match software already available for both and that 10 is treated more as a service so they have to provide new minor features that nobody really needs like "oh, now the windows optimize drives dialog only shows the drives that can be actually defragged or optimized".

you don't have to if you don't want to

Still using XP here, DGAF.

People used 8.1?

Forza

>Window 10 is getting buggier with every update.
It's not. They're actually fixing things, like moving Control Panel into Settings to fix one of the most common complaints.

Switch to a proper OS instead.

((10 > 8.1) == true) // true

Just switched from 8.1 to 10. Honestly, i don't recommend doing that. You won't get any profits.

In all honesty, 8.1 is great. It's pretty much the exact same as 7 except everything is snappier and more responsive. And file searching is exponentially faster. So if you can live with the tiled start menu (which isn't hard if you spend 5 minutes customizing it), it's truly a great OS

>buggy/insecure
I used XP until 2016, everything was just fine. Right now i am using pirated win10 with disabled updates, feels good.

install windows 7

8.1 > 7

8.1 is great, i've been using it since it was released.

>File searching is exponentially faster

How? I honestly think win7 search was better, but i probably just dont know how to use 8.1's search.

Attached: c9bcda21.jpg (800x655, 29K)

Sea of Thieves

Well there's a bit of a tradeoff, since 8.1 wants you to be very exact with your search terms. But the time it takes from typing filename.ext and pressing enter, till the file is displayed in search results went down from 5+ seconds, to less than 1 second on my pc. Without any cleanup or hardware upgrades, just a win8.1 upgrade.

>moving Control Panel into Settings
Yeah, that will probably take another 5 years at least.
Have fun with your beta OS.

your pc is air-gapped.

WSL