Did anyone disable Intel ME by setting the HAP bit?

Did anyone disable Intel ME by setting the HAP bit?

blog.ptsecurity.com/2017/08/disabling-intel-me.html

Attached: backdoor-intel-management-engine-640x359.jpg (640x359, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout
github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/Internal-flashing-with-OEM-firmware
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enjoy your placebo.

Oy vey, yes it can be disabled. All you have to do is trust us, goy.

Attached: 1512225110568.png (500x500, 16K)

It is undocumented.

>Not having a superior ryzen CPU

bampa

This. There was a presentation at black hat that said even the HAP bit thing isn’t a full fix.

Believing PSP is any better.

Instead of Jews in your machine you'll now have Pajeets.

There was talk on the Libreboot IRC that they found a bug which effectively kills the PSP.

ON EVERYTHING??!!?!

PleasePleasePleasePleasePLEASE release this!!
I will literally suck Leah Rowe’s dick if that’s what it takes! OwO

At least for Intel processors there is a method for (partially) disabling the ME that works in most cases, while we don't have anything like that for the AMD equivalent of the ME

Apparently someone found a way

IIRC, it works in everything except some of the latest CPUs, but even there they are already speculating upon finding other ways in.
If you want more details just ask on #libreboot on Freenode, because most of this info is yet to be publically documented.

Ryzenfall and Masterkey. The only good CTS labs did

>what is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

sure, just disable with the -S (capital s) flag
HAP/AltMeDisable bit AND baleet everything

That's just to signal that the device doesn't have to wait for ME, in order to prevent some reported hangs at boot. If you delete everything as well, it's only a plus.

wonder why (((they))) would help

Attached: cant-make-this-shit-up.jpg (1170x1974, 287K)

The only true method to disable ME is to burn away parts that deal with ME.

I'd be more on-board with ME Cleaner if it wasn't such a crapshoot in regards to support. For all the allusion that you CAN flash a patched BIOS somehow if you don't want to take your mobo out, there's zero info on the page on how to do it, and the people who attempt usually brick their boards in the process if comments are anything to go by, and the dev just throws his hands up and goes "oh uh this actually isn't the ideal method so idk!"

>there's zero info on the page on how to do it
Flashing a BIOS directly is not something a normie should attempt to. Enabling normies is considered harmful.
>brick their boards
No such thing. You can flash back the original dumped ROM. You have a backup, right? No? Your loss.

>No such thing. You can flash back the original dumped ROM. You have a backup, right? No? Your loss
The only boards with flashback features are gaymer boards that target a user who has no idea what the ME is

>disable Intel ME
It just meme

You can always flash back the original ROM using exactly the same procedure you followed when you bricked it.
How this is even being discussed confuses me quite a bit.
My best guess if that you have no idea about the whole process altogether.

Attached: ss.png (774x453, 59K)

I'm not talking about an external flasher, I'm talking about flashing from the BIOS itself, a suported method that mysteriously ends it's explanation at the flash portion

github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/Internal-flashing-with-OEM-firmware

>If so, use the OEM flashing tool to flash the modified firmware

The vague "flashing tool" method being referred to is AMI Flash, which is spergtastically removed whenever someone tries to talk about it because it's disgusting nonfree software

A non recommended method is not recommended. Cry me a river. How someone allegedly normie would pick the NOT recommended route is beyond me. Even in such a case, with a 10 bucks kit you can reflash your original ROM. It's a non-issue.
Repackaging a proprietary .exe released by vendors is NOT trivial at all and it should NOT be attempted, especially by someone completely clueless. More often than not, you need (again) an external programmable flasher (again, the 10 bucks kit). Since many of those BIOS updates are a mess (especially HP ones), you better dump the ROM with the external kit. The most OBVIOUS thing to do (if you still don't want or can't use coreboot) is to use the same method to dump the modified image.

>it's disgusting nonfree software
I've seen people expressing disgust against the RPi method since the RPi uses proprietary blobs
Literally worse than rape