Which tech corp do you fear the most, Jow Forums ?

Which tech corp do you fear the most, Jow Forums ?

Which one will put a big dildo up everyone's butt by developing Artificial General Intelligence first, possibly via quantum supremacy?

It's Alphabet isn't it ? Or does some Chink company like Tencent stand a chance?

Attached: tech-giants.jpg (339x200, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alphabet, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft. In that order. Apple is pretty sensitive if you make extensive use of iProducts and iCloud I suppose. Microsoft is cancerous software, but at least they don't have the far reaching, ubiquitous hand of Google.

Definitely alphabet

Alfabet.

Amazon and Alphabet are probably on par.

Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon can all be entirely avoided as far as I'm aware. Facebook is difficult to escape if you have any normie friends/relatives but you can avoid most of it's shit still.
Is it even possible to interact with the internet and still avoid Alphabet?

Probably Alphabet and Amazon for how pervasaive they are. Apple I would probably worry about the least since they are basically confined to their little niche and Facebook, while they own a bunch of social media sites can probably be avoided better than Amazon or Google. Microsoft is probably in the middle.

For now I would say Chink companies probably aren't that much of a concern in the west, they still are mostly confined to China. It's google, microsoft, and amazon which have global reach

Hopefully Alphabet, because they're the good guys.

If Zucc gets to AI first, we're doomed.

Trips of truth; zeroes are the strongest trips.

Attached: Google-evil.jpg (600x400, 24K)

Alphabet, no doubt. Amazon is getting up there though

>Which tech corp do you fear the most, Jow Forums ?
Alphabet and Facebook will be dead in ten years.
So the Amazon or Microsoft will be the next big shit.
Also do forget the government will try to corrupt every corp.

>Is it even possible to interact with the internet and still avoid Alphabet?
Of course.
If you buy a Jow Forums pass, that is. :^)

alphabet and amazon will be number 1 and 2
apple third
microshaft will have some sort of cancerous failure of a product
facebook aren't relevant outside of social media

>Alphabet and Facebook will be dead in ten years.
Facebook yes, Alphabet: no.

>Microsoft will be the next big shit
How old are you

it'll be a chinese corp. most likely one that presents itself as a consumer electronics company

that's why I say they'll appear to be a consumer electronics company, because that's how they'll gain a foothold in the west

The Alphabet Agency: wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/

>Amazon can be avoided
A significant chunk of the web runs on their cloud. I suspect they're just as guilty of mass data farming, but more low key than Facebook and Alphabet.

Alphabet still get most of their profit from revenue and still need federal support.

microshill

>microshill
You're missing the point entirely, underage nigger. Microshit's heyday is long over, they're trying to play catch-up with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. Only someone who didn't witness Microdomination in the 90s would say they're gonna be the next big thing.

Uh no. Amazon is shit for ai. Alexa uses third party APIs

The op was asking which is to be more feared. Not just AI.

>Which one will put a big dildo up everyone's butt by developing Artificial General Intelligence first, possibly via quantum supremacy?

It still blows my fucking mind how much Apple makes per year. Their net income is more than Microsoft, Alphabet and Amazon combined.

Complete insanity.

Alphabet is so far ahead of everyone else when it comes to AI that Elon Musk said it scares him, and that "only one company" scares him (Alphabet)

>It still blows my fucking mind how much Apple makes per year. Their net income is more than Microsoft, Alphabet and Amazon combined.
They kinda deserved it though, for making excellent machines and innovating.

>hshsjfnfbtbrheusuxhfchfkgky rbrng shdjfoforjrr. Sjfkf r d dbddjsjskakakwnent cjcogotntnc. sjdjfkftmkwhahawhwyt. hjsndntbttn

They don't pay much taxes.

>theyre smart about avoiding taxes

General ai won't happen in our lifetimes if ever. What I'm mainly worried about is completely destroying traditional stores and distribution infrastructure then replacing it with a monopoly on online shopping, which will be unbreakable because of the size of the company and the control that it has over cloud infrastructure that even the government relies on. That's exactly Amazon's business model

>You're missing the point entirely, underage nigger
Listen here, neet faggot. The alphabet living only by ad-revenue and fed investment. If the government money dry and ad money dry at sometime, it will be dead really quick. But the MS still get money from a lot services.

Not to mention they're illegal deal with the postal service that's costing americans billions and destroying private sect like UPS and FedEx

This isn't even bait anymore, its like a reverse bait troll
They have most of their wealth in intermediary holding companies overseas so that the money never comes into Apple Inc in the USA and therefore never has to be declared as profit to the IRS. The money just sits there and increases the value of the company on paper, since that takes into account both quarterly profit and capital assets, and therefore adding more money to the holding pile drives up their stock price, making their board richer while also taking a large amount of money that should be in circulation out of the economy. They're fucking kikes

Ah, I hadn't thought about that.
Two unavoidable companies then.

>General ai won't happen in our lifetimes if ever.
t. brainlet

Exactly, that's another attempt to gain an unbreakable monopoly. They are now starting up their own last mile delivery service using USPS for the main transportation, and are attempting to kill off other delivery services to drive other online stores under

Alphabet is probably the most dangerous for how much sheer competence they have apart from how much data.

On the other hand, Alphabet has actually got one of the sanest privacy policy and the least lock-in of all of these companies in your picture, and that's a huge plus.

So I'll go with facebook or apple. Terrible companies with user bases that will probably never get who they actually support.

Microsoft/Apple, for somewhat different reasons. Unsure on Facebook. Not Amazon/Alphabet.

>tfw Jow Forums will probably hate me for this opinion

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13K)

>Alphabet has actually got one of the sanest privacy policy and the least lock-in of all
>Alphabet
>sane privacy policy
>least lock-in

Attached: retart.jpg (598x517, 101K)

>Not Amazon/Alphabet

Congrats for making one of the worst images I've ever seen

Definitely Amazon because of how determined they are to erode the work conditions of their employees.

> sane privacy policy
Yes. Did you read and compare these?

> least lock-in
Yes. Most of what they do is running with standard / published protocols and data formats.

Why is Google not in that pic?
I hate Google so fucking much.
There is literally no reason not to use duckduckgo.

There's a reason for that. If you don't want to know, don't ask.

Thank you I try

>what is alphabet
holy shit user

ever heard of alphabet?

Kek actually no. Is that an alias for Google?

"American holding company and conglomerate created by Google"
Oh... That's bad

Amazon, by virtue of fucking over local stores at a quicker rate than Walmart could have ever dreamed. You can just not use Facebook.

Definitely Google/Alphabet. No question. It will acquire everything else in that picture.

Men shouldn’t be afraid. What are you all cowards? Also these companies are small time in money and resources to so many others present and past.

MS is literally dying
facebook is a meme and dying
Apple deliberately only targets certain people and not the mass market
Alphabet is the most dangerous by far

Alphabet

>fearing corps
Fuck off, fucking commies!

Attached: wut.jpg (1406x1080, 194K)

> Never heard of G-Suite
> Doesn't know that Chromebooks are super popular and gaining in popularity, especially in Education
> Doesn't know about Android's profitability
> Thinks Google is only in ads and not other industries (Waymo)

It's nearly impossible to avoid Google these days.

That's the power of a closed system. I mean compare the iPhone with any Android. Even a regular person with an Android is going to be pirating most of their apks while almost everyone with an iPhone doesnt jailbreak it and buys from the app store. Given that many apps make millions of dollars every day, apple can collect their royalties from all those microtransactions at minimal cost. Of course they have fat margins on their overpriced hardware but this is where their real profit is at.

> Even a regular person with an Android is going to be pirating most of their apks
The "average" person doesn't know what an APK is.

Leave your mom's basement.

>Also these companies are small time in money and resources to so many others present and past.

Name one (1) entity that can rival modern Google.

The only company that could possibly rival modern Google is Amazon, but in different ways.

Amazon wins on:
> AWS (This is very, VERY significant)
> e-commerce
> Brick and Mortar assimilation (Whole Foods)

Google has 0 competition for:
> Natural language processing (Google massively beats Amazon here)
> Search (Core functionality of the internet)
> Overall user data consumption and analysis

alphabet because they own the internet, everything else can be bypassed

Google, Microsoft, and Intel.

Google for being unavoidable, Microsoft for their lack of shame, and Intel for putting backdoors in their processors, making any sort of privacy efforts impossible, regardless of what operating system you choose.

Still doesn't change the fact that piracy rates are much higher on android and sales are far less despite a much larger install base. Plus basic common sense will tell you that of course people are going to pirate more on android when it is an open system.

Does Facebook have any serious technology interests outside of social media? All I can think of are some minor forays into webdev which caused some patent/licensing dispute and the whole occulus thing which is literally nothing.

Why would anyone consider them a tech company let alone on the same level as the other four?

I don't think that's because of piracy on Android phones though, androids are cheaper, so people with less disposable income buy them, and then buy fewer apps for the same reason

Technically social media related but they do a lot of AI work to analyze all the data they gather from their social media sites.

You forgot advertisements. Amazon uses Google to advertise, so I guess Google won that too

No Tencent here?

Fucking hell. Tencent & Baidu completely owns China, it's actually insane. Especially after WeChat pay & AliPay became popular

The Chinese can't into RnD OP

I call Alphabet or 's order. Although I think Amazon and Facebook are really really tied.
Google is already fucking around with AI + guns so.

Apple far at the bottom of that list mate. They charge more, yeah, but that's because their customers aren't the product. They're pretty fanatical about protecting user's privacy.

I fear all of them giving my info to the NSA.
Probably google or micro$haft.

Its a shame, but you are right.

>Google is already fucking around with AI + guns so.
Any source for that? Big if true

If it's not Amazon, you aren't paying attention. Retail is hemorrhaging jobs already, and capitalism is based on physical goods. They are accelerating the technological obsolescence of capitalism.

I don't fear, I hate, but still use all of them.
It is like public transportation, you hate it, but you are too poor to buy a car.

Alphabet and Microsoft. Amazon and Facebook are really easy to avoid.

The good guys would be a public university with zero ties to the deep state or intelligence agencies.