Mobile Payment

What's the best mobile payment system and why is it Samsung Pay?

Attached: C72f4UfXUAA35ZI.jpg (842x437, 58K)

There is no good mobile-phone payment system. It's inherently a bad idea.

explain

Yeah i'd like to know your reasoning behind this too.

And don't start with the whole:
>hurr durr botnet xD

I get free gift cards for being part of the botnet so I don't care.

It's inherently more secure than swiping so I'm gonna go with "no "on that one

Not more convenient than a card and youre giving your transaction history / spending habits to these people

>more secure than swyping
>potentially more secure than EMV (if it uses unique cards per transaction)
>faster than EMV
>if a merchant implements it, you can instantly get the receipt on your phone

samsung extends NFC style contactless one step further with their MST thing

I use Samsung pay nearly anywhere a swipe is accepted.

So samsung pay is better because it can be used anywhere unlike Apple and Google pay where NFC needs to be supported by the merchant

yep.

So why doesn't apple implement this? Google obviously cant because they don't control the hardware but Apple could right?

lol samsung shill

they all work the same

>They all work the same
>Not understanding the difference between MST and NFC
This is why you don't do drugs kids

if this gay trend caughts on then they probably will.

Americans... Tap and pay is common everywhere else in the world. I have had the same $20 note in my wallet all year use tap and pay everywhere.

Samsung owns looppay who I assume would have said patent on it. Also magnetic swipe is on its way out, America's the only country that still uses it, everyone else moved to chips 5-10 years ago

wtf dude

Most chip readers still have mag strip readers equipped however. And chip support doesn't have anything to do with NFC support, they're two different techs.

I really wish MasterCard sent notifications through android pay when you use the card. The card is still needed in most restaurants.

because Applel still needs 4 more years to "invent" it

The argument is that Samsung pay is superior and the only difference between Samsung pay and the rest is mst.

Once chip is the default you can't use the swipe first. It's only when chip fails it accepts magnetic swipe.

That's simply not true, banks know that the card is being used via Samsung pay when you register the card. There's back end code that allows for the mag strip to work when used with Samsung pay.

>inb4 samsung implements a chip reader and a slide out tray with chip you can insert into a eftpos machine to make payments
>and its faster than your card
And while NFC has mostly taken over from magstrip there are still a lot of loyalty cards and things that use the magstrip because it's cheap and they don't really need security on it.

How? you still have to put in your pin when you swipe

Wrong. Mobile payments use one time authorization keys, that can’t be reused if picked up by a scanner device, unlike your debit/credit card which can easily be replicated by a criminal, or cash which can be taken or lost even easier

see

Not with a credit card brainlet

A phone is the most insecure device most people own. For one it's not physically secure, even less so than a wallet. It's easily lost, broken, or stolen. For two it's a device that gets all its software from an app store riddled with malware, adware, and other disreputable junk, and that runs an out-of-date OS that is never patched for long after the thing comes out - if its patched at all. Again unlike real desktop operating systems, you have little you can do to add defenses to it, it's a self-contained thing that pretty much is what it is. It's a general-purpose computer with shoddy security that has a target painted on its back. You really want to handle money on that? I wouldn't.

Also a plastic card doesn't have a battery to die if you forget to charge it every single night. Taking a card out of your wallet takes what, two or three extra seconds, compared to taking a phone out of your pocket? Mobile payments are a poor solution to a nonexistent problem.

How is a phone any easier to lose than a wallet? Most phones allow for tracking as well. It's much more secure in that way than a wallet, it also needs your biometrics to use contactless payments unlike a NFC enabled CC or debit card.

As for software security, Apple and Samsung pay are both held in encrypted locked off areas, google pay maybe not so much. But the operating systems generally do receive security updates through their expected lives.

>Samsung owns looppay who I assume would have said patent on it
Exactly this. Samsung have been doing a good job on integration of tech compared to apple
>we cant let anyone use our NFC
>you have to charge a pencil
>adds not to reduce bezel, still more expensive than a Samsung phone with less bezel released over a year before.
>actually removing fingerprint readers

Google play services is safe enough with its security, considering how it can self audit with SafetyNet.

I deliver pizza and every fucking person that uses mobile payment is an asshole

>hi that'll be $39.20
>ok one second *takes phone out of pocket*
>*stares at phone for 10 seconds*
>*logs into banking app thing*
>*taps fingerprint sensor a few times*
>*taps phone on machine*
>*nothing happens*
>"hang on a sec" *stares at phone puzzled*
>taps phone on machine
>"heh, technology is amazing these days isn't it"
>uhhh yeah... ok bye enjoy your pizza

even worse are people trying to pay with their apple watch and they act proud when it actually works

the preference for me is that people have their card in their hand and be normal people instead of assholes

Sounds like your standard numpties with technology.
If it takes them that long to use NFC payment then they should put their phone back in the box and send it back.

just google near field communication risk

Sounds like you're the asshole for judging how people pay for their fucking meals

I like samsung pay, even being able to swipe when screen is off and it loads my cards

Sucks it's samsung only, rather use google pay and can use it regardless of my android phone in the future

All the arguments against it are retarded

>takes so long to get phone out
>battery can go flat
>what if you lose your phone

so fucking stupid, i just tap my phone instead of a card. probably got my phone in my hand more than my wallet at the checkout

who goes out with a flat phone these days.

one thing i do like with my banks app is i can get a new card pretty much instantly if i cancel the old one

comes up virtually instantly and can tap to pay straight away

I haven't lost or broken my phone since 2005, get with the times gramps

I was super keen for all this but for some reason i still don't use it

all my banks are active on google pay, samsung pay and even the bank's own tap to pay

just never use it. Used it once when i forgot my wallet. Hard to ditch a habit you've been doing for decades

wtf who doesn't just pay through the app before its delivered?

Consider this: use a card, if you're a retard

Sounds like you're a giant pussy

lol you mad cus no one's gonna tip you with cash now

Who the fuck still swipes in 2018??

>delivers pizza
>thinks he can insult anyone

Top kek.

Attached: 1501377034891.jpg (480x480, 15K)

NFC payments in my country have never really taken off: smartphones might be common now but they are still expensive toys that the majority will be paying for as long as they're using them. There aren't stores that I know of that let you pay using that technology since the machines that can handle them are either more expensive or hard to come by.

There's also the fact that taking your expensive phone out in public is asking for it to be stolen from you.

Long live Brazil. Pátria amada.

Samsung pay is in Brazil, you can use the MST in any store that accepts credit cards.

Attached: samsungpay.jpg (720x470, 221K)

>has a job
>gets insulted by a reviewbrah meme

the absolute state of Jow Forums
any job is worthy of pride you fuck neet bitch

Contactless fraud is the faster growing criminal sector.

>that pic
it looks so fucking awkward

because they're showing you the screen and how nice their phone is and it's for the mag strip part

you enter your pin or tap your fingerprint then you have 30 seconds to tap before it times out

That's cause they're holding it weird

Attached: Cafe_hand-MST.jpg (600x418, 46K)

Streets closed pizza boy

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>you can take away my civil rights if you feed me candy :)

LG Pay once it makes it to the states.

It also has MST emulation.
(magnetic stripe for legacy terminals)

why LG pay over samsung or google pay

This
In Poland, basically centre of Europe, nearly every shop has contactless readers for cards. It's hard to even find a shop with a swipe reader.

wish all phones had the NFC chip next to the camera

make it much easier to tap then sometimes pinching down the bottom with barely anything to hold onto

But why? If LG pay and Samsung pay both have MST then wouldn't it boil down to other things like rewards? Explain your decision

I lose more wallets than phones.

Samsung uses non standard MST while LG has a standard that every OEM can use without paying Samsung.

LG will use MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) technology that Samsung uses in Samsung Pay. Of course, Samsung does have patents on MST which should have granted it exclusivity over the technology.

LG is keen on avoiding infringement of Samsung’s patents, which it will do by developing its own MST technology. LG will not outsource the development of this tech, and it has already selected partners to provide components for MST linkage. LG will start working with card companies at the end of this month for linking its payment system."

Competition will allow a standard protocol for android phones to emerge and be forked into android pay.

Samsung just wants to lock users into a feature and not share to get a leg up over Apple Pay/Android Pay

LG literally just uses a company they're not making shit

it's been out for ages and they didn't make it

You're fine being locked to LG phones but basically, and not all will get MST. It's also bank specific, my bank doesn't do MST only NFC

>trusting the mobile payment jew
>not using cash
have fun bein tracked and analyzed, faggot

Attached: 1521803389634.png (500x358, 158K)

>thinks government can't track you using cash

they just don't bother cus there is no need, just like tracking your useless spending habits on card

Can you read nigger?
>LG will not outsource development

Besides Samsung bought looppay to gain MST so your argument is invalid

>Competition will allow a standard protocol for android phones to emerge and be forked into android pay.

the fuck are you talking about cunt

you keep saying how samsung locked down but and LG open standard then you say LG not outsourcing yeah cus they fucking bought it

LG pay offers nothing the other's dont and you're locked to trash LG phones

Except there's no evidence that actually supports the arguement that this NFC to MST tech will actually be rolled out to other phones. Since LG is just licensing the tech from another company it's likely they're demanding a kings ransom for it, they're not just gonna give it out for free.

Why is that man placing a hard drive next to that credit card reader? Also why is that hard drive thin?
Please respond.

Governments/banks can't retroactively block your cash from being used.

LOL

delusional level 100

Its true, while traveling in the usa, i had to use cash half the time because a lot of places don't offer NFC payment

Whist at home, i have gone 9 months now, without a wallet.

>apple implements something
>everyone copies/pushes it

lmao remember apple pay guys

I use it ever since I got my Note 8. It's so convenient, it's not even funny. You can configure it so you can launch it from the Ambient Display, lockscreen, home screen, or only when you launch the app. The only one not obnoxious to use is the ambient display one. Simply swipe up from the bottom while the phone is locked, and you are presented with your cards. Fingerprint and boom, you have 30s to pay.

You also get points and levels for using it, which in turn can be exchanged for gift cards, free stuff, etc.

it will expose america's technologic incapability

fpbp
>wow, look! I can pay in 5 seconds with an arguably safe technology in some stores, instead of 10 sec conventional method!!!
It's THE most gimmicky shit there is today. It exists only to make a new middleman and let tech giants into transaction market. You have to be the dumbest normie to be wowed by this.

i don't use AOD so you can swipe up when the screen is completely off, works great, has to be from close to bottom up

ye, it's a bit tricky to pull off sometimes, especially if you're in a rush. it also takes a couple of seconds to load the app. it's still fast enough though, at least for me. compared to taking out my card holder, pressing the button to eject the cards, and getting the card I want

>Being this paranoid
Go back to your mom's basement

>mobile payment
not using a cashier check??

>this app can't be run of this device because of modifications
WELL MEMED SAMSUNG
GO FUCK YOURSELF

MST is only useful in third-world countries without universal NFC support at pay terminals like the U.S.

The last time Americans had tap and pay back in the mid-00's everyone kept getting ripped off from identity theft. Hence why they're apprehensive to that.