Right now Puffin is by far the fastest browser on android...

Right now Puffin is by far the fastest browser on android, however puffin uses their servers to prerender the page for you in order to get these speeds. Is puffin a botnet?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 21.18.13.png (952x607, 313K)

>puffin uses their servers to prerender the page for you
You answered yourself.

Is there any non-botnet way to achieve this by offloading things to my PC?

What the fuck is even puffin and where is Samsung browser? It's faster than Chrome here.

Puffin is a cloud based browser first before stating prerender.

>worrying about botnet app on botnet mobile OS

Attached: 64321659.jpg (573x572, 112K)

Yes it is a botnet.

It's possible, but there aren't any already made solutions for this other than puffin and Google's "data saver" option or whatever they call it. So you'd have to do a lot of work by yourself.

Puffin is a service where all your pages are first rendered on puffin PCs, then the site is sent to your device already rendered. It's basically passing difficult work to a desktop processor so that your android device, which is very underpowered, doesn't have to process the websites.
tldr; it streams websites to your phone

I use puffin on my smart TV for streaming from sketchy sites.

Samsung browser is just a Chrome reskin. You might as well ask where Chromium and Adblock Browser and Pirate Browser and all the others are.

Puffin is amazing name, i cant stop saying it puffin puffin puffin

any puffin for ipad1? so the internet doesnt keep crashing

Like Opera, right? Yet there's a big difference in OP

Oops, I cut my wrist,
Better not worry about also blowing my head off

Attached: brainlet-19246.png (215x235, 9K)

>Lightning not on the benchmark
Shit.

It's literally a UI for webview

whats the name of that green icon chrome clone?

something like brotaro

edge where

No, a botnet is a network of computers infected with a RAT controllable as a group.

Yes, obviously getting someone else's computer to render your webpages will have serious privacy implications - giving up essentially all of the privacy of your browsing to whomever runs the servers. That's why it's not a mainstream approach: the trade-off simply isn't worth it.

Naked Browser is my favorite

Performs around 1.5% better than Chrome.

In the trash, where it belongs.

Puffin wins because it cheats.,

Right, but is it worth using?

It's a solid browser apart from the fact that it has no ad blocking and you're literally using someone else's computer to browse privately

This is the first post I've seen in a long time that attempted to explain what a botnet is. Thanks.

bromite

Yea but it is FOSS

What is the Affero GPL license?

>Using non-free softwares

I've used it and it's definitely the fastest. Only problem was it doesn't block ads. So I uninstalled after few hours. How hard would it be to add host filters on their infrastructure? Fucking niggers

>choosing a botnet os that undermines all security efforts isn’t blowing your head off
You’re a moron

I'll use puffin if it have adblocking unironically

>check out Puffin
>lists flash player as feature
lmao, that piece of shit software needs to die, not be supported.

what should i use then

firefox focus ?

Lineage OS + micro G fake google services + Xposed Framework = Android without botnet. Hardware botnet? buy a chinkphone, has chink botnet not linked to US botnet, no NSA spies.

Simcard botnet? Use disposable sim from cricket or some crap without name attached. ISP botnet? Use a VPN. This shit is so easily beatable, I'm laughing my ass off.

the stupidity of your "logic" astounds me

Couldn't you like have an option setting that would load selected domains into your ram so that navigating to them would be almost instant

DNS Cache exists.
As for storing literal webpages in your RAM, impossible for a lot of sites since they're supposed to be dynamic. This feature does exist but it stores sites on storage (this is how undo closed tabs works). The issue is you'd then store tabs in memory AND on storage. You have to store it on your HDD/SSD because main memory is volatile and relying on it would be pointless and impossible long-term, which is exactly why DNS Cache exists.

ok so it all boils down to javascript ruining the web once again

>Simcard botnet? Use disposable sim from cricket or some crap without name attached.
Your ISP can execute commands, track your phone and datamine it thus get at least some information about it and therefore have a chance of identifying you. You should never have a SIM card or SIM hardware if you're worried about privacy.

It's not just JavaScript. You're already storing websites on your main drive. Making yet another duplicate on RAM is a waste of resources.

>fircuck anything on android
Its slow as shit by default.

idk, works here

t. never tried Focus

Futures' fucked

Attached: rudolfturnonzegas.jpg (810x632, 51K)

t. chinkphone user

What the fuck is UC browser

>Right now Puffin is by far the fastest browser on android,
... and still it lags.

>no brave
Lmao

in designed browsing devices

They probably won't get a lot of info about me from all the connections I make to an encrypted vpn.

A shitty chink browser. That garbage performs worse than Firefox on android.

I use puffin when I want to look at cats.

Attached: 20180401_142104.jpg (2560x1440, 1.39M)