Is it normal to steal database data about users from my work?

I'm very addicted on users information. I have almost 100K users. Emails, addresses, phones, names,... What should I do? Should I sell it? Is something wrong with me?

Attached: download.png (218x218, 3K)

gas yourself

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

Jeez i need more

Wat. No. That is not normal.

why would you post this on Jow Forums you moron? What you are doing is illegal.

I work for a social media analytics firm and honestly that is nothing crazy. Our db is around 20 million and honestly after being around it so much, ugh it’s boring

If you are really interested in this data set of yours, there is an entire industry of CRM enrichment out there that you could pay to upgrade your dataset with way more columns. At that point, you could sell it to some pol firm. This is what got Cambridge analytica fucked over tho, skeezy crm enrichment companies

>What is company code of conduct
>What is IAPP
I hope you get fired

>What should I do? Should I sell it? Is something wrong with me?
How to get sued, fire and possible jail time

You don't do anything with it, you fucking moron.

How disgusting are you to not hash all of that input before putting it into database

nothing wrong with leaking data dumbfucks give you

Do you by chance work for Cambridge Analytica?

Upload it to uguu.se and post the link here, friend. Don't listen to the stupid moralfags.

If you can get away with it, I say go for it. It might or might not be useful.

>hash names
>user has to wait 25 billion years before the page loads because the server has to brute-force the name from the hash

I worked at a company that allowed me to read customers chat messages, that was fun

>Idk what I'm talking about
You literally take name input, hash it, match the hashed name with input hashed name. Dumbass

Attached: fbi-tip.jpg (556x261, 24K)

this

> being this dumb ever
Someone send out the short schoolbus

What in the fuck kind of programming do you do

Thanks, I've sold it them. They've paid much I should say

>hash all user data
>user has to re-enter everything every time they log in
>hashing is still done on the server so rogue devs are only one more step away from gaining access to your data
>server still can't send e-mails or texts to the user at arbitrary times without storing those fields in plain text somewhere, defeating the entire purpose
You fags are the ones who don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Look up username hashing. It's literally not a thing (inb4 login name/display name).

maybe

wrong
that is why everyone has display names and login shit completely separate these days.

unlike shit made 20 years ago, IE diablo 2, you can see the account. nothing lets you see accounts anymore unless the devs are idiots (like you)

that's worth 12 cents
why would you lose your job over that?

Cambridge got fucked over only because they were hired by Trump. Facebook and Google gave the same type of data directly to Obama and everyone looked the other way. Shit Google allowed employees to take paid leave to work on the Obama campaign and didn't even claim in kind contribution. No one said a fucking word.

Maybe if you had better short term memory than a dried up cum stain on your mom's vagina then you'd be able to realize that the whole login name/display name thing here is entirely irrelevant because the original poster I replied to talked about hashing everything. Hopefully I won't have to explain to you why "ALL of that input" includes the display name too.

>server has to brute force the names from the database

that means it is trying to have input from the outside to get the name, dummy

>SELECT fname, lname FROM user WHERE user.condition = 9001

Lmfao idiots

Oh wow I fucking give up. Obviously the "name" the server has to brute-force in that context is the display name and NOT the login name, unless the site requires the user to enter their display name too every time they log in (everything is hashed, remember?). But this is shit I've already explained in my post about how hashing everything would mean the user has to enter everything every time they log in.

wat

I don't think you understand how search algorithms work

Dude, if the info is stuff people gave willingly then feel free to send it right here in this thread. OR you can of course try to make a buck off of it

Why would you need to hash it? User data isn't used to authenticate anything.

Attached: 1517798340461.jpg (1280x1280, 227K)

It's okay to admit you're wrong and not know what you're talking about. It might inspire you to learn something