I want to be a physics major. Should I learn programming or math first? Pic unrelated

I want to be a physics major. Should I learn programming or math first? Pic unrelated

Attached: UAH8IgcFTNVPupwUHB4WamlQOI3fbR_0Y3BVpkviCXY.jpg (320x229, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By math I mean calculus

I'm a physics major. (Senior) AMA

What's your favorite physics meme?
Was it worth it?
What do you work as currently?
Should I go into theoretical if I have the autism?

Attached: videoblocksblackmaleathletemassagingtemples_rqt9y0yzg_thumbnailsmall01.jpg (320x180, 11K)

>What's your favorite physics meme?
I take physics seriously. memes don't belong there.
>Was it worth it?
yes. but undergraduate physics is barely scratching the surface.
>What do you work as currently?
i'm still in school. i have to complete other requirements as well to graduate.
>Should I go into theoretical if I have the autism?
whether you'll go theoretical or experimental is much later .

I suggest asking this on/sci/ instead

well you gotta learn math first before you can apply to them programs yea?

Definitely calculus .. Literally can't do any fun physics without calc
Programming would be a nice tool for physics though

kill yourself

/sci/ is full of retarded virgins
Jow Forums unironically has more intelligent discussion

You need bare minimum of rudimentary progging and fuckloads of serious math

>memes don't belong there
Nerd.
>implying light conducent ether isnt a great meme
Every time somebody makes an appeal to authority I remind then that Newton was an authority and was a firmes believer in Ether.

I'm also a senior phys major, so I feel I might as well chime in too

Math. You'll be using lots of it, and little programming. At least, not for a while. You need a solid math background either way though.

>memes
Idk
>work
Theoretical is great for autism, user

>mfw
don't forget to do a flip
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html

Attached: chew.webm (464x296, 26K)

never go theoretical
no jobs, and every single experiment will prove you wrong

You definitely need to learn a lot of maths to do physics (and not all are easy to learn as you go). To make scientific packages you have to understand the underlying physics and the mathematical methods you are trying to implement to solve the problem.

On the other hand, whilst programming is useful, you can get away without knowing a lot stuff they teach in formal programming courses and learn coding as you go for most scientific programming...

I didn't know what the hell was a binary tree was for the first 15 years I was coding various scientific packages and never had to directly use one (and only maybe indirectly used binary trees in various sorting algorithms)...

You understand this Jow Forums on 4 chin?

Math.

Attached: Hassani.png (1200x4816, 1.15M)

>14 pages to learn all of CS' discrete math

lel

Why are you asking here? Aren't you supposed to be smart or something?
You are literally asking 18yo whippersnappers to make life choices for you.

>Officers arrived within five minutes but were advised not to talk him down as it was too dangerous to get out onto the scaffolding.

Fucking UK police are so soft, a country of literal cucks. They'd jump into raging waters to save the quaran though.

Contrary to what student de/g/enerates would say, you don't need math background for the vast majority of programming.
Of course, that still implies you'll learn specific math concepts when you'll need them.

The general idea is to go with what is easier and more fun for you. If you like math and programming looks like a waste of time to you - learn math. You'll then be better motivated to learn programming later on so you can apply your knowledge to actual real-world problems.
If you are interested in programming, but learning math looks like a hassle to you - stick with pure programming. For instance, in OOP you won't need any math bar elementary math logic most of the time. Later you'll become much more motivated in learning math because you'll know the purpose of learning it and its applications.

Physics grad here, call I, II and D-Eq for math, Matlab for programming and an Engineering degree instead of physics for decent employment prospects.

I think you misunderstood his scientific approach fampai

Attached: unnamed (1).gif (381x326, 595K)

definitely calculus. both physics and programming are heavily based on math. calculus is especially important for learning physics.

>not python
kys

/sci/ here, can confirm. We need strict mods or some kind of bot to weed out posts.

>Should I learn programming or math first?

You should have finished calculus in High School.