What is the best power plug

And why is it the German SchuKo plug system?

Attached: Steckdose.jpg (657x419, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

structuretech1.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/AFCI-Tripping-NEMA-Compatibility.pdf
plugsocketmuseum.nl/
de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TN-System
nordbayern.de/region/nuernberg/strom-tragischer-tod-in-der-badewanne-1.625507
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Caus Deutsche Qualitätsarbeit

What is the best retarded faggot? And why is OP?

just werks

You're right, that's the best one.

British plugs are the best.
Your EU plugs are second.
Anything American (like we have here in the US) and 3rd world Asian is total shit.

Attached: 1512446931291.jpg (634x650, 187K)

The british plugs would have to be inset... as long they aren't the EU plugs win imo

>these

Attached: longfilename.jpg (598x352, 27K)

That's literary housefire.

Hei! We have those plugs here, I'm not in Germany though

>British plugs are the best
2nd best maybe but not better than schuko.

>British plugs are the best.

>Instead of putting fuses in one central switchboard let's put one fuse into every plug! It will surely save money when copper is scarce again.
>Let's build a plug that you cannot rotate! Why would anyone want the cable go the other way around.
>Let's build a plug that can electrocute you by putting a knife between the plug and outlet and when pulling it out it strips the plastic coating on the two pins. It's surely better than a physical inset that just blocks the knife. Also ban knifes.

Annoying that the EU standard provided literally twice the energy as US plugs. Very inconvenient for EV owners.

Also 400V three-phase electric power stoves like in the EU actually heat up in a very surprisingly short time.

>>Instead of putting fuses in one central switchboard let's put one fuse into every plug! It will surely save money when copper is scarce again.
Are you re-tardo? There are fuses in switchboards and each plug of a device has its own fuse too rated for that particular device.

What are you talking about? My car charger uses (well used, it was a work car) three-phase power. So do my retro server racks.

True that.

Let's use two fuses instead of one!

Attached: the-true-face-of-finland.png (501x404, 6K)

So it is redundant?

>>Instead of putting fuses in one central switchboard let's put one fuse into every plug! It will surely save money when copper is scarce again.
You dont know what GFCI or AFCI outlets are do you? Or how they're required by code for most rooms in a home. They're a fuck load more expensive than a fuse in an outlet.

The standard US wall plus is 120 V 12 amp max for 1440W output. Schucko is 230V 16 amp max, 3680W output. You could charge an EV pretty quick with a normal plug.

>Lets put the GFCI or AFCI into every outlet instead of one or two into the central switchboard

It is almost like the British electricity messes with your brain

The British system could arguably be said to be TOO safe but the US standards are clearly laissez faire shit.

You do realize I was talking about the US you retard.

>Why are UK plugs different?
>The origins of our large plugs go back to the end of World War Two. With so many houses to build after the war, and facing a chronic copper shortage, Britain was keen to find a way of wiring homes that used less cable. Previously, each mains socket had its own connection to the fuse board. To save copper, Britain adopted the ring main system, with sockets connected sequentially, but this meant each connection needed its own fuse.

It's not because it's too safe, but because the Brits adopted the BINGBUS-meme before Intel did. Needless to say the Bingbus is full of problems.

You know that you answered to a post that explicitly mentioned the British plug and not the US system? Perhaps that might be correlated to the top results the US scores year after year when it comes to reading comprehension...

Needless to say, you can just move GFCI and AFCI from the plug to the switchboard, also in the US system.

>Needless to say, you can just move GFCI and AFCI from the plug to the switchboard, also in the US system.
Again you retard outlets exist for a reason. Various appliances are incompatible with them:

structuretech1.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/AFCI-Tripping-NEMA-Compatibility.pdf

Now stay btfo

How would it be redundant? You want to blow your 10A fuse in the switchboard when your device with 1A load goes bad? That's fucked up, it would for sure be far more devastation for the device if such a fault happened that would trigger a much higher fuse and also take out the entire line from the fuse board because this one single device malfunctioned.

The fuses in the switchboard are for redundancy if anything.

Dude the VDE (Association of German Engineers) only recommends putting them into the switchboard, read DIN VDE 0100-420. Modern AFDDs do not have these problems anymore.

Also even if there would be a magical device that you need to install once per outlet: How does that disprove the point that BINGBUS is retarded and redundant fuses are even more retarded (as I said, you were answering to a post about British plugs)?

>all these things
>zero sources

>modern devices dont have this problem
>even though a document from 2 years ago says they do

stay btfo and massively butthurt user

Just to be clear: By "blowing the fuse" you do not really mean that an ceramic fuse is permanently damaged, do you?

Just reset the fuse and you are good.

But yes, what you described is exactly what happens, and I do not see a problem with that. It's not like there is any permanent damage, in contrast to those ceramic fuses in those British plugs.

Attached: I16230_Siemens_5SX2116-7_C16_Sicherungsautomat.jpg (1116x2000, 152K)

>Document from 2 years ago
>Copyright 2011
>Some stupid email copies (WTF) from 2012

American reading comprehension everyone.

Have you read DIN VDE 0100-420? It costs money and you have to pay money to argue.

Pic related.

Attached: isometric-switches-sockets-set-type-l-ac-power-sockets-realistic-illustration-outlet-socket-isolated (800x800, 60K)

I like German sockets but I don't understand why they don't have a switch?

symmetrical a shit

>230V
We are heading towards 250, I usually get 235-240 in my outlets.

Shit.

This is superior.

Attached: power_socket_ch.jpg (189x148, 5K)

The fuses in the board are to generally have rcd's and are there to shut off the power quickly to stop you getting shocked and to protect the cable. fuses in your appliance are there to make sure the cable doesn't get damaged (running 13A down a 0.5mm cable could burn it out)

> touch plug one time
> breaks

nihao mates

Attached: plug[1].jpg (500x241, 13K)

>Also ban knifes.
Nice one user. It all makes sense now.

The best engineering solution. shrouded pins, waterproofing is better, makes use of plastic flex for retention. Interesting note, C13 was the official Rhodesian wall socket plug.

Attached: AV-IECC13SIN.jpg (600x600, 45K)

C6 is cuter

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 8K)

>1A usb plugs

nigga pls.

>MMXVIII
>blowing a fuse

also this

I think they're called breakers nowadays.

I mean I understand what it's trying to accomplish, and maybe it's just my german upbringing, but it looks retarded. Like literally retarded. But that's just an emotion, and not based on any fact I can back up.

Speaking of feelings, the american plugs look outdated, and the UK plugs look overengineered.

what's a plug?

Attached: 1523368864897.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

This is the best. Sturdy as fuark.

German plugs are both outdated and overengineered.

I'm french and I wish we have more germans plug.
The transition would be really easy since all our male plug are compatible with both females.

>overengineered.
there is nothing over engineered in this fucking plug

They are overengineered.
Schuko plugs stay in so firmly that if you pull on the cable you're more likely to rip out the socket out of the wall than the plug.

Maybe if you have paper walls like ameritards tend to have. Also just don't pull on the fucking cable.

If you're a fucking ape maybe.

>Maybe if you have paper walls like ameritards tend to have.
Outlets aren't usually deeply embedded in the wall.
>Also just don't pull on the fucking cable.
If you don't expect any pull ever then you don't need to grip at all, thus they're overengineered.

So having safety is over engineering?

You're the one who calls British plugs over engineered.

My sockets are very secure and nothing happens whenever I'm puling on them - I've also installed them myself. Just don't be a retard.

You're missing the point.
The plugs grip way harder than they ever really have to be.
A simpler cheaper design with less grip like Type J would be more than enough.

>A simpler cheaper design with less grip like Type J would be more than enough.
The design is cheap as manufacturing a different socket would cost almost absolutely nothing less unless you call wires hanging from the wall a socket.
The connection is supposed to be firm so that it won't be interrupted by accident. Not everyone trips over their cables 50 times a day

The design is much more complex than a Type J plug.

>Not everyone trips over their cables 50 times a day
Then why does it need to be so firm?

Agree.
One of the greatest German inventions

Attached: european-rewirable-schuko-sockets_1.jpg (500x500, 28K)

>complexity is bad

>Then why does it need to be so firm?
Because I don't want my plug falling out of the socket whenever I move my cable.

HAGER MASTERRACE

FUCK ABB

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1024x991, 39K)

>The transition would be really easy since all our male plug are compatible with both females.
There's a cuck joke here somewhere.

>complexity is bad
It is. And since you complained about over engineering too, you agree.

>Because I don't want my plug falling out of the socket whenever I move my cable.
I never had a something simpler, like for example a europlug fall out just by moving the cable.

This doesn't happen unless your wall socket was installed by chimps.
t. lazy fuck who always pulls the cable

this happens all the time in america.

I've had plugs literally fall out of the socket.

when you trip over an american, and I imagine type L, you bend the pins and pull it out.

when you trip over a schuko, you break your leg. but the lights stay on.

I'd prefer the former.

>It is. And since you complained about over engineering too, you agree.
I've never complained about over engineering. was my first post.

>my special snowflake schweizerplug is better than your special snowflake fascist one

;D

Attached: 27606.jpg (1664x1212, 69K)

plugsocketmuseum.nl/

I'm arguing with the guy who called British plug over engineered.

If you don't think there's any thing wrong with over engineering then why do you care if Schuko is over engineered or not?

Jesus fucking Christ, Denmark, please tell me that's not what your standard wall sockets look like...

why enforce AC polarity?

it's dumb.

fuck you

In defense of the guy you're currently talking to, can attest that you migh have lost track of whom you're talking to.

Attached: Tap-A-Line_leaflet.jpg (812x445, 60K)

Because neutral and live aren't the same thing.

I was just responding to the retarded notion of ripping your wall apart and you turned it into a debate about over engineering.

The debate, you butted in, was about over engineering from the start.

literally unironically nothing cares.

That's why every modern plug is designed with asymmetery in mind....

which britbongs are, and schukos aren't.

schuko: safe, 4 contacts, injection molded single part.

Britbong: unsafe, 5 contacts, a fuse, 3 different plastic parts and at least one screw.

and I don't understand why. why?

Attached: 1407274340002.png (450x180, 37K)

cool ... a device to end it all

How are British plugs unsafe?

And a fuse is a sensible safety feature.
A plug holding a ton of weight without falling out isn't.

Get on my level.

Attached: qzvfBXD.jpg (600x800, 81K)

Neutral tends to be at ground level.
Live doesn't.

This makes touching live (while grounded) much more dangerous than touching neutral.

WHY??

Attached: adapter-drehstrom-auf-gardena.png (458x458, 134K)

de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TN-System

Not that guys but isn't it just personal preference in the end?
I prefer SchuKo over british plugs

I understand that, but when you plug a device into the wall, what difference does it make?

I just hope we don't get invaded by the brits when we lose ww3 and have to adopt their stupid ass system.

nordbayern.de/region/nuernberg/strom-tragischer-tod-in-der-badewanne-1.625507

Won't be happening, they couldn't even manage to keep the whole of Ireland under their control do you really expect them to subdue Germany?

What happened:

The metal case of the washing machine was connected to neutral but in reality it was live ...(because the socket was wired incorrectly) ... the machine still worked fine but when the Person in the bathtub touched the case of the machine the current was going right through her

Consider a lamp socket for example.
The recessed harder to reach part should be live, not the upper part, that you can easily accidentally touch.

That doesn't sound like a Live-Neutral mix-up (since German sockets are symmetrical that can happen without the electrician fucking up anyway).
Metal cases of devices should always be connected to Earth. Not Live or Neutral.

Great Britain will annex Ireland again, they can't have an EU upstart on their glorious isles.