What music player are you using? currently using pic related

what music player are you using? currently using pic related
whats the best program if i just want to listen to some mp3s and flac that isnt bloated

Attached: serveimage.png (256x256, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Used Foobar since way back when I was clanning UT99 and it was less of a resource suck. Still using it and it still does everything I need.

SMPlayer as a video player doesn't offer much of functionality besides creating playlists for your musics.

mpd + ncmpcpp

the best available option

Foobar2000

cmus

used to use foobar, now I use AIMP

This.

How are you using winamp on linux?

mediamonkey

Clementine because I want to scrobble and this computer is ass

There is that new software that just came out it's called VLC might give it a try I heard its pretty decent

Attached: 1491576394172.jpg (295x343, 10K)

audacious

This
Went from winamp to f2k to musicbee to aimp

quodlibet

Just scrobbled to Chris Mackey last night, you should really check them out.

Foobar2000 with musical spectrum, comfy once you set it up.

AIMP. In case the user who asked me about the skin a couple days ago is here, I uploaded it for you. Project file included in case you want to edit something. mega nz/#F!9JcHiKLJ!f6Q1nJYYj5nCXEiiqbaxbA

Attached: MagicMusicalSlavwareBotnet.png (1920x1080, 138K)

>still using winamp

Brother...

Attached: IMG_-yqwogn.jpg (499x468, 35K)

Still using it.

foobar for big library management. winamp is still perfect for playing a few mp3s and internet streams.

What makes foobar's library better than winamp's?

Is there some sort of meme I'm missing as to why we're not using MusicBee since it's pretty much objectively the best music player by far

Attached: BeeBadge256-1-.png (256x256, 22K)

AIMP

100% this
It's basically perfect

Attached: MusicBee_2018-04-10_20-36-58.png (1920x1048, 617K)

Aimp on pc, poweramp on mobile

Attached: 554333.png (554x256, 128K)

Audacious

>I want my car radio on my screen.

Winamp is great for Windows.

aimp
my player history over the years was wmp>winamp>aimp
im not sure why is foobar so poplar around sissy anime faggots, is it tranny software or something like that?

Spotify cause I'm not an autistic.

Quodlibet on linux. Made the switch recently from Audacious.

>Quodlibet
That actually looks good

>sync with devices
>groove music support
>beautiful skins
>soundcloud search
>CD ripping
>upmix to 5.1
>resample to lower bitrate
That sounds like bloat central to me. If I wanted to rip a CD, I'd use the de-facto CD ripping tool, EAC. If I wanted to resample an mp3 to lower bitrate, I would put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

Attached: file.png (1735x2070, 1.15M)

It's not lightweight like autismbar but it's not what I'd call bloated. It's worth is to not have to use some ugly garbage that looks like it's from 1995 anyway and with all the organisation features & library management it's hard to go back to something like autismbar.

Dopamine

MusicBee.

I had been using Winamp for fucking aeons, but was faced with the harsh reality of needing to look elsewhere after I updated from embedded 300x300 album art to 1000x1000 in-folder covers. With embedded art Winamp worked smoothly enough, but with the bigger cover art files, it really started to struggle with loading them in the library view, whereas MusicBee does that essentially instantaneously when scrolling. Winamp's RAM usage also went crazy with bigger art, hogging over 400 megs right after start-up. By comparison, MusicBee uses under 40 megs.

Also got Foobar2000, but I use that just for iPod managing. Its all but infinite customizability is very appealing, I have to say, but I just can't be assed to put any time into tinkering with it, when MB looks great and does what I want it to do right out of the box.

Attached: MB.jpg (1920x1040, 540K)

this

VLC cause it works and I don't feel the need to change.

You don't need more than mpv

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

complete and total control over metadata display/querying/sorting/writing even masstagging components exist and a shitload of other great components that improve functionality. if you've compiled a massive music collection from multiple sources nothing beats foobar for filing it.

Clementine since it works on everything and works well.

Attached: Clementine-Logo.png (512x512, 62K)

Deadbeef?

using the same install for 19 years

Attached: winamp2.png (275x173, 15K)

Attached: 2000px-Spotify_logo_without_text.svg.png (2000x2000, 105K)

Mediamonkey, cause fuck it

If you use classic Winamp you might as well switch to Audacious. It's basically the same but with more functions like multiple playlists. You can even use muh skins on it.

Attached: 135799-1.png (550x290, 57K)

>If I wanted to resample an mp3 to lower bitrate, I would put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

I do this with audiobooks all the time. People encoding their audiobooks in 192+ is way too common.

I use AIMP which is the successor of winamp.
Werks for me.

audacious has a winamp mode but mpv also just werks.

Foobar2000. Used to be on Winamp, then iTunes, then Songbird back in the day. Now on foobar because it works and I can have a very simple layout with none of the bloat. Yes, MusicBee is bloated (although it does have a nice interface out of the box), and AIMP sucks balls for organizing multiple libraries.

Attached: foobar.png (1366x728, 223K)

Foobar2000 because there's a plug-in to synch my iPod so I don't have to use iTunes

I using wynil.
But I still hope for a winamp comeback with gracenote autotagging support and all.

Vlc for music - cant tel if youre a retard or just pretending

vlc-noX + internet radio on a hax'd wifi capable device.

>written in Python

Foobar2000, I remember I did a comparison of audio players to see which sounded best and foobar2000 sounded better than winamp and the other one I tried.

Deadbeef with ALSA output.

I was using MusicBee for a while, but it had trouble reading my music library (~450GB). It also started to really really tank in audio quality for some reason, be it flac, mp3, or ogg. Maybe it was just a bug, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Attached: f2k.jpg (1920x1049, 777K)

I use MusicBee because it's good at handling my classical music library with movements/works/groupings/composers/performers and it's good at organizing my 400GB library as well as being a functional player.

I'm sure I could rice foobar for playback and use a different program for organization but MusicBee just works. foobar also sometimes fails to correctly display my flac+cue files and everything requires a plugin.