CONFIRMED: LINEAGEOS IS A BOTNET

lineageos.org/Changelog-17/

And they even had to apologize:

lineageos.org/An-April-Apology/

Now, you can't just take some random Chinese phone and put an unofficial LineageOS build on it. So I was right, if you want a smartphone, you need an iPhone.

Attached: apple-ios-11-2-640x427.jpg (640x427, 42K)

>installing anything shilled on Jow Forums

It's a joke senpai

>adding a coin miner to a phone
Guess apple wins again hey guys

Attached: 1523061142789.jpg (250x243, 9K)

IT IS NOT A JOKE lineageshill.

April's fools joke that was in the change log.
I see you hate fun.

Pajeets don't know about April Fools

That's because they're fools all year round.

literally nobody needs a smart phone

But can your OnePlus 5 with LineageOS connect to your new Wireless Beats by Dr. Dre just by turning your Beats on?

>
>
Librem-5 will save us user a install Gentoo on your phone in a close future near you!

>an April Fool's joke is a botnet
Your mom is a botnet, OP. Your hands are botnet.
>Hello sir, do you have a botnet to talk about botnet?
>I sure don't, in this botnet we only botnet about botnet.
Aww, it's okay sir. Have a botnet botnet.
>Botnet botnet to you too, botnet.

"Botnet, botnet, botnet" -said Jow Forums.

Attached: narutohentai.jpg (650x286, 66K)

By forcing you to run beta software because Google doesn't let non-official Android devices run Google Play (unless you run a custom rom on an Official device).

Easier to buy an iPhone than deal with this crap.

did it automatically do a thing?
is it networked?
botnet.

>ONFIRMED: LINEAGEOS IS A BOTNET
the only thing CONFIRMED is that you are a huge fucking faggot and that the LineageOS team has a couple of idiots that don't know how to make a fucking joke.
it was a popup with some text, someone thought it was funny, it isn't and most of the users of LineageOS are paranoid as fuck so they all got triggered.
It was a bad joke, someone needs to get punched in the face but OP and whoever thinks it's a botnet or believes they actually installed a miner need to get shot in the face to avoid further inbreeding

It is not a real coin miner, Applefag.
The joke itself is retarded, but let's not spread misinformation.

ABANDON ANDROID AND BUY AN IPHONE

ALL IS LOST

Attached: 1523368759568.png (482x427, 97K)

Holy shit...

Attached: gotogulag.jpg (458x418, 25K)

I see you you have piss poor reading comprehension

I don't think Jow Forums understands what the "joke" was. These morons decided it would be a great idea to bake a popup into the April 1st nightly that stated something along the lines that the phone was compromised and not genuine. Obviously this freaked out people so they went investigating how their literal brand new install was fucked. LineageOS and CyanogenMod before it had the worst fucking April fools jokes and I fucking hate the forced humor the entire industry tries pulling off.

sounds like they learned the lesson
will try the MIUI on my new Redmeme for some time but will still consider flashing LOS

Lineagecucks BTFO

>botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet?
>botnet botnet botnet?
>botnet.
Botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet.
Botnet botnet.
Botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet bontet.

Attached: BOTNET.png (1234x189, 3K)

>Botnet
That's not what the word means. It refers to a data mining and user profiling network. Their project is still on github, so we could end the thread right there. We've had this exact thread an embarrassing amount of times, even though LineageOS development team has been known for these practical jokes on April 1st. You are in no way obligated to update, nor are the updates automatic.

You're referring to cyber surveillance made possible thanks to spyware. "Botnet" refers to a bunch of computers connected to one network and controlled by one, or more, remote computers automatically.

They can be used to spread malware, proxy the attacker's connections, run scripts, make DDOS attacks, etc.

Imbeciles in this chan have stripped that word out of all meaning.

ohhh roated

stop quoting everyone you retarded faggot

>stop quoting everyone you retarded faggot
It's not everyone. It's also not my fault all of those are inane, half-effort replies.

Thank you

Didn't CM have cow noises at full volume as your ringtone? Talk about trust issues...

>persistent notification that doesnt even sound like a joke
No one thought this was a bad idea at all? I wouldn't trust them at all now.

Hahaha lineagecucks on suicide watch

you really can't go wrong with an iPhone

>automatically
>not reading the changelogs of software updates before you apply them
>get surprised when something changes

This is the current state of Jow Forums.

or you could just use android and stop being autistic.

>you need an iPhone.
Kek, manchild can't install Gentoo-android on phone.

They literally said it was a joke, idiot.

>Owning Beats headphones
Are you retarded?

>you really can't go wrong with an iPhone

>LOL MY BOTNET IS BETTER THAN YOUR BOTNET

all os`s are government spyware, except maybe that one linux that you create from scratch

They literally said it was a joke, wrote it on April fool's, and there are no commits related to it
???????

Fuck yeah. I can't wait til librem5 comes out. Fuck google and fuck apple.

This. I'm so sick of this manchild plebbit tier faggotry that gets a pass in tech. So fucking gay and cancerous. Why is tech the industry where supersoakers and a foosball table and other immature child's toys are considered job perks. Why in the tech industry is it acceptable to have clown colored hair? They whole industry needs to grow up.

>By forcing you to run beta software because Google doesn't let non-official Android devices run Google Play
Why would the Librem 5 use the google play store?

Just use Nitrogen OS

what is confirmed is op and los dev is a turbo autist.