So I'm on windows vista and the support ends soon. How do I secure my 32bit system from now on...

So I'm on windows vista and the support ends soon. How do I secure my 32bit system from now on? Will Windows defender get definition updates after they drop support?

Attached: memento-mori.jpg (800x613, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2018 A.D.
>Vista
>32-bit arch
ytho

Well MS Security Essentials will be supported for a long time due to the core program being "baked" in Windows 8 - Ten. As for general security lock down open firewall/router ports to only essential ones, don't run as Admin user for general daily stuff, don't open e-mail/download any suspicious exe files. Do these things and you'll be fine.

>inb4 troll, bait &c.
Here are your options:
– get a 64bit rig, install Win10 and deal with it
– install a Linux/Unix of your choice (yes, there are 32bit versions)
– go full retard and stick to Vista (or even better, install Win95) and stay off the internets

Attached: index.jpg (326x154, 10K)

I want to replace Avast with MSE and I wonder if the stupid user can fuck it up.

The client won't pay me enough to move all data from vista to 7.

Stay off the internets then, like already said

Windows 7, 8 and 10 have 32bit versions, what the fuck are you even talking about.

You are replying to the same person, fag.

>the support ends soon
It ended a year ago m8. Just buy a Windows 7 key

No. Windows 7 sucks and is quite vulnerable in more ways than windows 10 (even more ways than windows 8). Just grow upgrade to the latest 10 version and move on with your life. 7 will end support in 2020 and you will have the same problem to fix again anyway. Have forethought pleb. support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet even older versions of 10 are going to be deprecated before 7 gets end of life'd. Update to latest.

well done op

Win10 will run like shit on intel dual core.

As a Core2Duo guy, this.

Based memento mori poster. May you receive contentment from confronting death. May you lose all desire.

Attached: 1491847446126.jpg (343x600, 38K)

xubuntu

>windows 7 is more vulnerable than windows fucking 10

OP confirmed retard, don't reply to him anymore

Windows 10 does have more advanced security for sure, but 7 is still being patched and thus automatically more secure than the older, unpatched Vista. Though y’all could split the difference and recommend 8.1, the most patrician Windows to date.

>8.1, the most patrician Windows to date.
I'm torn. I'm not sure whether to shake your hand, or stab you in the head repeatedly.

Just upgrade to 7 if you really care, though since all versions from windows vista to 10 are basically the same, it doesn't matter.
Most applications will run fine, hell, most applications run fine on xp.
The only thing you won't be able to do is play the latest games, but that is to be expected from and 10 year old system.

I wasn't sure about Windows 10, I've never really used it so far. The point I was trying to make was that Windows 7 and 8 aren't worth the effort if you are switching OSes anyway.